UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Antigua

3/7/11 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just booked trip for july. Tell me the do's and don'ts. Thanks
4/19/11 5:08 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/7/11 7:54 AM
LeftBench

Leaving next month... anyone?
7/18/11 8:09 PM
LeftBench

Leaving tomorrow, thanks for all the sweet tips
7/24/11 10:20 PM
Gilbert
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/30/11 4:35 PM
LeftBench

It was great... gorgeous beaches, friendly people, very small place overall, about 120 square miles. We are going back for our honeymoon. I am past the HEAVY partying stage in my life, not sure that this place really compares to some of the "Party" spots in that aspect. But that isn't what my fiancee and I were looking for at all. We had a blast.
10/4/11 10:22 AM
LeftBench

We stayed at the "Jolly Beach resort and spa" which was nice but nothing compared to some of the more expensive places. We are going to stay at Sandals for our honeymoon.

Jolly is good if you have kids. Relatively inexpensive.

The food in Antigua is nothing special.

I didn't really like the capital, St. John's. It was small, very crowded, dirty. I didn't feel very comfortable, as a tourist I was HEAVILY outnumbered.

I loved the rest of Antigua though. Besides the beaches, the rest of Antigua had a very "Country" feel to it. The roads are shit, driving isn't easy, but I just took a cab wherever I needed to go.

Antigua makes most of its money off of Tourism, so 90% of people are very polite and happy to see tourists.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.