UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> JEEPS F'N SUCK!

3/8/11 11:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Marvelous One
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mine needs to rot in hell.....fucking piece of shit
3/11/11 5:24 PM
PeterIrl
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ditch it and buy a turbo diesel Nissan GQ patrol.
3/15/11 3:02 AM
JackFunk
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket
3/16/11 3:45 AM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Photobucket

most dependable vehicle i ever owned.
3/27/11 3:43 PM
White347LX
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not the most comfortable, reliable or best looking vehicles for sure, but *easily* the most capable off road vehicle you can buy. There isn't even a close second place.

3/27/11 6:28 PM
PeterIrl
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White347LX - Not the most comfortable, reliable or best looking vehicles for sure, but *easily* the most capable off road vehicle you can buy. There isn't even a close second place.

If you're talking stock vs stock, a GQ is a much more capable machine "out of the box".

If you're talking modified, it tilts even more heavily in favour of the Nissan.
3/29/11 12:01 AM
White347LX
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/29/11 12:05 AM
I'm sure we have different ideas of off roading in mind when we suggest these vehicles as "supreme" machines. That Nissan is probably great for safari or something.

My idea of off roading involves trailering a rig to a dedicated trail area, wheeling it until it breaks, and trailering it home. Do a google image search for Hannibal Rocks to get a idea what I'm talking about. In trails full of extreme obstacles like that, there is literally no other new vehicle which can come close to the off road performance of a new Jeep Rubicon. The short wheelbase, almost zero front or rear overhang and lockers front and rear put it head and shoulders above anything else. On the flip side, those same features make it a shitty road vehicle and that's why I wouldn't trade a new 4Runner for a whole parking lot of Rubicons!
3/29/11 1:09 AM
PeterIrl

we probably do have differing views on offroading, lol@safari.

My idea of off roading involves driving out to the bush, hitting up mud, sand, rocks, descents, climbs, water crossings, pulling fallen trees out of the way, snatching out bogged rigs, getting bogged and for the rig to be tough enough to soak it all up and then be able to get you back home too;-)

I am biased, but for my money theres nothing I'd rather drive anywhere than a GQ.
4/8/11 1:58 AM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmK6yhL3U1c
4/14/11 10:28 AM
johnnypayne
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeterIrl - 
White347LX - Not the most comfortable, reliable or best looking vehicles for sure, but *easily* the most capable off road vehicle you can buy. There isn't even a close second place.

If you're talking stock vs stock, a GQ is a much more capable machine "out of the box".

If you're talking modified, it tilts even more heavily in favour of the Nissan.

I'd take a defender, a 70 series landcruiser or a Hilux surf over a jeep.
4/14/11 5:52 PM
White347LX

I like the old Landcruisers, but they are kinda big to fit through some of the tighter trails. Toyota trucks have a great drivetrain and make superior off roaders once you cut most of the body away and bob the bed.

The Defender looks like a early Bronco but I don't think it has the drivetrain to match.
4/16/11 4:35 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That 4.0 liter inline six litters the junkyards of america.

Apparently some guys are making huge hp with them so might be a cool project to put a turbo 6 into a small amc two door.
4/16/11 7:07 PM
White347LX

Turbo 4.0 AMC Spirit? There were a couple at the AMC nationals last year.
4/20/11 10:44 PM
PeterIrl

Anti JR - What about the Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia?

http://youtu.be/0gRsQBqxlig

$71,775+

"The Transsyberia has stats that make it sound more like a Range Rover than a German sport vehicle: maximum ground clearance of nearly 11 inches, towing capacity of 7,716 lbs., the ability to ford a 21-in.-deep stream, etc. Yet it retains the speed and handling of a Porsche.

What sets the Transsyberia apart is its combination of a powerful engine and off-roading gear at (for Porsche) a reasonable price. The Transsyberia is powered by the same direct-injected engine found in the sporty Cayenne GTS, a 4.8-liter, 405 horsepower V8, coupled with a six-speed Tiptronic automatic. Off-roading enhancements include an air suspension system that raises and lowers the chassis, front and rear stainless-steel skid plates to protect the undercarriage, and a modified version of Porsche's Permanent all-wheel-drive system that directs 62% of the engine's power to the back wheels for better traction in difficult driving conditions. In addition, there's a $2,640 option package that includes reinforced rock rails, extra protection for the engine, gasoline tank, and rear axle, and a variable and lockable rear differential."

No.
4/21/11 2:47 AM
Ponyboy

That's it....forgot the name of the Spirit.

Love to have one.
4/22/11 10:46 AM
White347LX

Actually, I think they stroke a 4.2 out to a 5.0 and use the 4.0 head/intake/injection. It makes a strange exhaust sound!
4/22/11 10:49 AM
White347LX

That Porsche sounds cool, as do all Porsches, but it would turn my stomach to see something that nice taken out and beat on the trail. Like taking a G Wagen out!
4/22/11 7:28 PM
johnnypayne
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I'm going that far then I'll take a bowler nemesis or Mcrae enduro
4/22/11 8:53 PM
Ponyboy

Robby Gordon rocked that Touareg winning Dakar rally stages with it.

When I told my european rally snob friends that Robby Gordon had a chance to win the rally, they laughed at me until I pointed them to his wikipedia entry.

They were pretty grim after that and were no longer talking after he won a couple of stages.
4/23/11 2:43 AM
White347LX

No way that VW makes it to the US. Even though it would probably sell 10X more here than the rest of the world.
10/27/11 11:27 AM
white belt

It is a sad day as a Toyota guy that I have to agree with White347LX on the Heep Rubicon.
11/9/12 11:42 AM
LittleJoeMama
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, out of the box it's hard to beat a Jeep for off road ability.

I ended up getting a Tacoma because it's good enough and a better dailey driver than a jeep. Great resale value as well.
1/23/13 2:23 PM
ColeMillerATT
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parts can be hard to get for older used ones, labor is high as fuck for JEEP mechanics. but man does it have a huge subcultural following

2/20/13 2:39 PM
E55 Pilot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the most reliable vehicles Ive ever owned was a 92 Wrangler. That thing was a tank and I did everything I could to destroy it.
5/12/13 2:20 AM
Wardance5
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have a 2000 wrangler the thing is bullet proof when it comes to off roading a jeep wrangler is unparalled 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.