UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Dieslnoi The Greatest?

3/9/11 7:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OUTCOLD
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Dieselnoi The Greatest Thai Boxer ever?

You watch his old fights and he just absolutely destroyed his opponents, they couldn't get any one for him so he fought all types of special fights against all sorts of styles and took them all out with his devastating Knees and Teeps.

If anybody has got any more video of him? post it please!
3/9/11 7:44 AM
Khun Kao
1220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dieselnoi was *one* of the greatest, but Samart Payakaroon is arguably the GOAT.

Dieselnoi was a devastating fighter, finishing his career with 16 straight knockouts (he retired after that because everyone refused to fight him after that) and he single-handedly changed the landscape of Muay Thai.

He popularized the clinch which caused that facet of the fight game to evolve into the complex system it is today, and additional rules were instituted due to him. For instance, kneeing to the groin was not an illegal strike at that time and was one of Dieselnoi's commonly used tactics.

However, the reason why Dieselnoi is not considered to be the GOAT is because he was essentially a one-trick pony. His boxing and his kicking were ugly to watch. So while Dieselnoi is considered one of the top fighters ever, he will never be considered the GREATEST. Again, almost everyone considers Samart Payakaroon to be the greatest of all time...
3/9/11 7:46 AM
Khun Kao
1220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/11 7:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWdmN_zakk8
3/9/11 6:53 PM
DevinS
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Samart had a really beautiful style. I love how elusive he was.
3/9/11 7:01 PM
RocknRolla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

samart and somrak are fun to watch!
3/10/11 2:45 AM
Bryan72
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't find his kicking ugly. Seems ok to me
3/10/11 7:46 AM
Khun Kao

Bryan72 - I don't find his kicking ugly. Seems ok to me

Meh, different "tastes"... He usually appears to be falling off-balance when he kicks, IMO. I've pondered that this is the result of fighters constantly needing to 'crowd in' just to get past his long reach and land successful strikes of their own, which probably forced him to kick awkwardly. For the record, his pad drill video on YouTube wasn't so bad. :)
3/10/11 7:40 PM
OUTCOLD
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/11 7:51 PM
fffffffuuuuu
OUTCOLD

Edited: 03/10/11 7:45 PM

However, the reason why Dieselnoi is not considered to be the GOAT is because he was essentially a one-trick pony. His boxing and his kicking were ugly to watch. So while Dieselnoi is considered one of the top fighters ever, he will never be considered the GREATEST. Again, almost everyone considers Samart Payakaroon to be the greatest of all time...

OUTCOLD

Edited: 03/10/11 7:45 PM

Ah not EVERYONE bro !

He is held in the upmost respect and certainly regarded as a GOAT in the motherland.

I dont find his kicking ugly at all there is 1 clip online where he appears a off balance! But hey everyone has a bad day!

Other names for consideration ------

Jomhod
Sakad
Apidet
Saenchai
3/11/11 4:17 PM
Khun Kao

That is definitely a list of the top fighters of all time... Some of the greatest fighters from the last 40 years include:

Adipej
Pudpad Noi
Diesel Noi
Samart Payakaroon
Kaensak Sor.Pleonjit
Saenchai Sor.Kingstar (now Saenchai Sinbi Muay Thai)
3/13/11 2:32 PM
Daddy Bump

Samart and the Coban Cruncher.... yes. Style I give Samart for sure. Dave Nokweed was damn good, but Danny Bille had the best style of them all for esthetics.
3/17/11 11:15 AM
The Sauce
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty hard IMO to have anyone above Samart and Diesel Noi.

3/19/11 1:25 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sauce - pretty hard IMO to have anyone above Samart and Diesel Noi.

Saenchai?
3/19/11 2:14 PM
Bryan72
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/19/11 9:54 PM
nevermind
3/23/11 12:16 PM
The Sauce
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do believe Seanchai needs to be on this list as a contender, but I personally would have him at 2 or 3. I feel Samart is #1. Seanchai is my favorite fighter who I believe can be #2 IMO, but not #1...yet
3/23/11 12:41 PM
Khun Kao

Edited: 03/23/11 12:41 PM
Personally, I'd have to rate the top 5 "goats" of MuayThai like this...

1. Samart
2. Dieselnoi
3. Saenchai
4. Kaensak
5. Adipej

Honorable Mention: Rambaa! OK, he wasn't a great fighter, though he had a lot more skill than many give him credit for. But it will be a long time before we see another fighter who is as entertaining to watch as Rambaa was. (though I believe that Saenchai is the most entertaining fighter since Rambaa)

We have to take into account that Saenchai's career is far from over... :)
3/24/11 5:42 AM
Bryan72

I tend to disagree. I think Saenchai's career is just about over. There's really no one else for him to fight in Thailand. He's fought just about everyone once, and many more than once. All that is left is the foreign tour, which started a few years ago.

And, as far as his goat status, there's quite a few names that'll be ahead of his. A lot of his success has more to do with the available competition in his era, or lack thereof.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, a lot. But, I really don't think he would get anywhere near the accolades if he was at his prime in say, the early 1990's.
3/24/11 8:55 AM
Khun Kao

Edited: 03/24/11 8:58 AM
I actually agree with you, Bryan.

I realize that I get caught up with the question... "who is the GOAT of their particular era?" then I attempt to compare them with the GOATs of other eras.

For instance, how good would Saenchai have been in the era between the late 80's and mid 90's, when Muay Thai was arguably at its peak? Would Dieselnoi have been able to dominate his opponents as easily? There are sooooooooo many great fighters from that era that we haven't mentioned... Wangchannoi, Sakmongkol, Anandasak, Samson, just to name a couple...
3/24/11 5:04 PM
IronMonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramba fights mma now and he's actually a shooto champ. One of my fav MT fighters as well. He makes a lot of the Japanese fighters look slow.
3/25/11 3:32 AM
Bryan72

Khun Kao - 
Honorable Mention: Rambaa! OK, he wasn't a great fighter, though he had a lot more skill than many give him credit for. But it will be a long time before we see another fighter who is as entertaining to watch as Rambaa was. (though I believe that Saenchai is the most entertaining fighter since Rambaa)

do you find him entertaining because of his actual fights, or his shtick?
3/25/11 11:06 AM
The Sauce

Orono might make my top 5 list... might but defo top 10!

I agree that Seanchai himself might have many years left, but the opponents are not there for him to fight.
3/25/11 7:45 PM
RocknRolla

khun kao do you know what happen to Samson Esarn
3/26/11 8:57 AM
Khun Kao

@Bryan72 re: Rambaa... a little of both. I felt that he was actually a pretty good fighter, though definitely not great. He was entertaining as hell to watch because he fought "balls out". Every time he fought, he seemed to step into the ring determined that SOMEONE was going out on a stretcher... even though sometimes it was himself. He took a lot of chances which made for some seriously fun fights to watch.

@@RocknRolla re: Samson Esarn... I'm not 100% sure. It is my understanding that when he left MuayThai for Boxing, he became a WBC Champion and was undefeated for many years. I heard he eventually retired after getting his jaw broken. Anyone else able to confirm and/or add details?
3/26/11 12:16 PM
Bryan72

Samson was champ of the WBF, one of the more obscure organizations. He retired undefeated with a record of 43-0, iirc. I'm not sure about the broken jaw thing, I saw the retirement fight, he didn't look any worse for the wear. A few years back he was going to have a muay thai comeback fight with "Rambo" Pongsiri por Ruamrudee, but it never happened, as far as I know. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.