UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Complete Hybrid Iron Set?

3/9/11 10:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigjohnstud
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are they easier to play with? If so, are they good beginner clubs? Found a set that has hybrids from 3-SW.
http://www.forgangolf.com/forgan-f3i-hybrid-iron-set-3sw-wheadcovers.aspx
3/10/11 9:09 AM
Animal Chin
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they are game improvement clubs, so yes. easier to hit the ball in the air with less side-spin.
6/25/11 7:10 AM
maui
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have hybrid 3 and 4 irons and like them much
8/7/11 2:06 PM
Tommy Gunnz
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are those a good set of clubs? so you would use those hybrids instead of your regular irons? what is the purpose of hybrid clubs as opposed to the normal ones? sorry for the dumb questions i am a golf newb!
8/11/11 10:39 PM
TBW

Correct you wouldnt have any traditional irons with this set. The problem most people have when hiitng thier irons is hitting them hgh enough into the air to get good results. A hybrids main goal is to help get the ball in the air and make it easier than hitting a traditional iron. its like a cross between an iron and a fairway wood. with a FW wood you are generaly sweeping the club along the ground to hit the ball and with an iron you are generaly striking down on the ball at a much steeper angle. With a hybrid either of these swings will work and get the ball in the air fairly well.
  Also you will generally get a little more distance out of a hybrid compared to its equivilant iron. So if you are a player that cant seem to get hitting an iron or a new player who is just going to be an occaisional player and dont want to spend the hours upon hours that many spend trying to figure out  how to hit a good iron shot then an all hybrid set can be good. As for that particular set i wont comment on it because i dont know anything about the company.
10/2/11 4:37 PM
NHB_Hipster
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know fellas. I can't hit my hybrids well at all. I would much rather hit with traditional irons.

In fact, can anyone recommend a good set of mid-price irons?
2/27/12 3:08 AM
bazzo

i've heard really good things about forgan clubs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.