UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Edgar signs with new management

3/9/11 10:30 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Just weeks after UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar split from manager Shari Spencer, the top 155lb fighter in the world has now signed on with new representation.

Sources have indicated to MMAWeekly.com that Edgar will now begin working with Dominance MMA headed up by Ali Abdel-Aziz, who along with Edgar’s wife Renee, will handle Edgar’s management going forward.

read entire article...

3/9/11 10:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

y does frankie hate america
3/9/11 10:37 AM
BadRed

With his new management do you think he'll now declare Jihad on the lightweight division?
3/9/11 10:37 AM
Chris
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
interesting. I know GSP trains a fair amount with Renzo, so I wonder if the same people help convince him to leave Shari as well...
3/9/11 11:24 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shari's boyfriend used to be the Witch Doctor. If that is still current, Edgar must fear the voodoo.
3/9/11 11:24 AM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bad year for shari
3/9/11 11:29 AM
Jei
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oogachucka oogachucka Phone Post
3/9/11 12:58 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reckoner - What's Spencer's deal? Why is everyone leaving her?
Well, I'm pretty sure she only had 2 MMA clients, GSP and Edgar.  From what I have heard, she was taking a huge cut of their earnings.  GSP had a major marketing firm approach him and tell him that they would do it for much less of a cut, not to mention the much better connections other agencies have. 

3/9/11 1:07 PM
Dougie
847 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Money changes everythiiiiing.
3/9/11 1:31 PM
goku

shari wanted gsp to fight anderson
3/9/11 1:41 PM
MMALOGIC

she charges too much. If you could get the same piece of ass for half price what the fuck would you do?
3/9/11 1:42 PM
MagSlim

LiftStrong - 
Well, I'm pretty sure she only had 2 MMA clients, GSP and Edgar.  From what I have heard, she was taking a huge cut of their earnings.  GSP had a major marketing firm approach him and tell him that they would do it for much less of a cut, not to mention the much better connections other agencies have. 

Who did GSP sign with?
3/9/11 3:08 PM
BzGrappla

I'd rather go with a trusted family member then some other outsider.. or I would go with a huge proven firm.

thats just me though
3/9/11 3:20 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MagSlim - 
LiftStrong - 

Who did GSP sign with?
 He is signed with CAA (probably the best sports agency in the world), not sure who his personal manager is.  People usually pick a close friend or family member.  Think a similar situation to Eric (close friend) and Ari (primary agent) on Entourage.  

3/9/11 3:43 PM
relow

There was a news piece some time after dropping Shari saying it was a friend of his who works in Finance.

This is basically the business model of every major sports athlete (see Lebron as an example)
3/9/11 3:50 PM
TheKidAintMine
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a general rule, having your wife as your manager is a bad idea.
3/9/11 3:55 PM
TheKidAintMine
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

relow - There was a news piece some time after dropping Shari saying it was a friend of his who works in Finance.

LOL...man, that just sounds like a bad idea...and LOL at "finance"....that's such a vague and general term...these days, that could mean anything from being a bank teller to a guy selling mutual funds to being Lloyd Blankfein's right hand man.
3/9/11 4:07 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/11 4:07 PM
MMALOGIC - she charges too much. If you could get the same piece of ass for half price what the fuck would you do?

mmalogic, keeping it classy as ever

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.