UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> What Are You Smoking These Days?

11/28/12 2:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Z NEDCMK1
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joesonshuevos - 

I hate when it gets cold. I was trying to enjoy a Padron 45 in Sedona last year. Even under the heater, the 18 degrees plus the wind was just too much. Never again will I waste an amazing cigar. That's what Rocky's are for :)

Agreed.... for the most part dec - april for me is nothing more than short smokes that cost about $100 or less per box. Usually I just open a cab of party shorts.

The occasional treat is if i go to a cigar bar, but I usually dont like that too much as I want the aroma of my own cigar, not everyone elses in the joint and the guys smoking cigs as well.

11/30/12 8:28 AM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smoking a little of this and a little of that. Trying to find my daily cigar still. Enjoying the hell out of trying new things though!
11/30/12 10:56 AM
joesonshuevos
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe it was the bourbon last night, but the Mi Amor Reserva was fantastic. Super solid stick that smoked amazingly well throughout.

Earlier in the week, tried a new Partagas 1845. Decent, but inconsistent

11/30/12 10:57 AM
joesonshuevos
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also tried this. Not impressed with its performance

11/30/12 11:40 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another one of my favortite lately!

A

11/30/12 11:43 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joeson, have you ever had this little man o war puro?

I think you will be very impressed wid it performance!

Spicy little stick!

12/2/12 12:20 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last night had a big Romeo y Julieta Havoc

Was better than expected.

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/blog/cigar-review-romeo-y-julieta-havoc-stocky-bully/
12/3/12 7:32 AM
Z NEDCMK1
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had a Monte 2 Especiale from an 05 box code yesterday morning.

Wowsers....

12/3/12 8:49 AM
cheesesteak

Z NEDCMK1 - 

Had a Monte 2 Especiale from an 05 box code yesterday morning.

Wowsers....

that must of been real nice!
12/3/12 8:56 AM
Z NEDCMK1

It as great. I havent bought many cigars in a while as from 05-08 I went on a massive buying srpee and have nowhere to put them. The upside is I now have a few hundred wonderfully aged cigars, the downside is i can't possibly smoke them all as I only have 2-3 per month.

If any of you are in NYC and want to do a meetup ill bring some to burn through!

12/3/12 4:18 PM
cheesesteak

If I visit the city I will definitely hit you up brother. VTFU!!
12/4/12 7:39 AM
Z NEDCMK1

Definitely do, we will meet up at the carnegie club for a smoke.

12/6/12 11:09 AM
joesonshuevos

Cheese, not that specific vitola. Looks great!

12/10/12 2:24 PM
LeftBench

Smoked the 2011 cigar of the year, Alec Bradley Prensado in Churchill size. It was really really good. Took about 3 hours to smoke it in a cigar lounge, loved it
12/10/12 2:52 PM
cheesesteak

This is rapidly becoming my favorite go to smoke...You guys got to try these Cabaiguan Guapos in the sun grown wrapper. Badass! 

12/12/12 10:47 AM
joesonshuevos

Describe, please. Sounds stupid, but the band is so boring, I pass them by and nobody I know has smoked them.

12/12/12 11:35 AM
cheesesteak

Yes the band looks boring, true. Pete Johnson of tatuaje makes these and his whole deal is to try and replicate the taste of old cubans that he used to smoke. He his bands in a very plain way in the fashion of those old cuban cigars also. This cigar was also voted #7 in cigar afficionados top 25 of 2011 (not that that really means anything).

As far as flavor, the best way I can describe it as a mixture of creamy butter and roasted nuts consistently throughout with a slight hint of white pepper every now and then. I've passed them buy myself for a while until I tried one about 3 weeks ago. I now smoke one every day, it truly is delicious. Also, some have noted that these truly taste like the great medium bodied cubans that were around in the 80's.

Make sure you try the cabaiguan guapo as this is a sun grown Connecticut equadorian. The regular cabaiguans are shade grown Connecticuts. They are good but not nearly as flavorful as the guapos. There is also a maduro version of the guapos that are very hard too find that I am dying to try.

ENJOY!
12/13/12 7:09 PM
legitballer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where are you looking that the maduro is hard to find? They're everywhere!
12/14/12 3:29 PM
cheesesteak

At the stores around me they are scarce. I like supporting the small B&M's around my area. I never order online and I do see them there. I may have to in this case. I just hate the idea of having to throw them in the humi for a few months when they arrive. The places i frequent in my area have great cigars and are stored in very good humi's
12/14/12 5:43 PM
LeftBench

Had a Liga IV and an Alec Bradley Prensada today. Picked up some more Alec Bradley stuff and an AF Short Story for the humidor. Then I got home and saw that the cigar club of the month shipment arrived... Great day! Phone Post
12/14/12 5:44 PM
LeftBench

Saw that Cabaiguan at the shop too, will give it a try soon Phone Post
12/14/12 5:47 PM
cheesesteak

Good stuff! enjoy your cigars. Prensado and short stories are great too! Bradley and Fuente has some of my favorite smokes. So many good ones out their now. the industry is stacked with talent right now!
12/15/12 1:36 PM
LeftBench

Last night smoked a Graycliff. Tasty but the draw wasn't too good the first third of the cigar. It got better though Phone Post
12/19/12 1:19 PM
joesonshuevos

I have stupid busy working on renovating mancave and kitchen the last 2 weeks. Maybe this weekend I can hit up the B & M and try some. The boring band but awesome cigar story made me think of these

Never would have tried them, but a buddy offered 1 and he is as passionate as I am when it comes to cigars as I am. They are fantastic.

12/30/12 3:39 PM
LeftBench

Friday night I had my first real cuban cigar in a long time. It was a Montecristo #2 that my brother-in-law had in his humidor. Very smooth!

I am super pumped about some purchases I made during the day on Friday. I bought 2 Opus X's. One to age and one to smoke soon. Never had one before and I can't wait. I also bought the Anejo Shark that only comes out at Christmas time.

Also bought the 2011 #2 cigar of the year, the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. We then went to the cigar bar across the street and I smoked that while enjoying a glass of Oban scotch.

Overall it was a great cigar day for me on Friday!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.