UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> What Are You Smoking These Days?

12/31/12 4:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LeftBench - Friday night I had my first real cuban cigar in a long time. It was a Montecristo #2 that my brother-in-law had in his humidor. Very smooth!

I am super pumped about some purchases I made during the day on Friday. I bought 2 Opus X's. One to age and one to smoke soon. Never had one before and I can't wait. I also bought the Anejo Shark that only comes out at Christmas time.

Also bought the 2011 #2 cigar of the year, the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. We then went to the cigar bar across the street and I smoked that while enjoying a glass of Oban scotch.

Overall it was a great cigar day for me on Friday!

The Mi Amor is another cigar that I smoke quite a bit...It is fantastic and my local cigar lounge just got some sharks in too!!!! I love those too. I swear at the moment I have this ever evolving list of top 10 cigars that on any given day could be my favorite. There are some very good quality stogies out there now so much better than what was out in the boom
1/2/13 4:34 PM
joesonshuevos
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mi Amor is good. The Reserva is a little stronger and I like it as well.

1/3/13 1:40 PM
LeftBench
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had my first Opus X last night. Thought it was excellent! Smoked it while chilling on the couch watching Act of Valor with my wife. Paired the cigar with a glass of 15 yr Balvenie. I'm so loving this new hobby :)
1/3/13 1:48 PM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LeftBench - Had my first Opus X last night. Thought it was excellent! Smoked it while chilling on the couch watching Act of Valor with my wife. Paired the cigar with a glass of 15 yr Balvenie. I'm so loving this new hobby :)

It's a very fine hobby! and great scotches and bourbons only add to the pleasure!
12/14/13 9:53 PM
65 Fender Deluxe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My neighbor just started getting into cigars, he gave me a humidor with about 20 cigars in it. I don't know shit about them so I don't know if they're good or not. Here are some of the brands maybe you guys can tell me if they're good or not. Gurkha, Maduro, Pinar Del Rio. He gave me several varieties of the Pinar Del Rio ones. 

12/14/13 9:58 PM
65 Fender Deluxe

And speaking of scotch I do know a little about that. My favorites are the heavily peted ones. Most people I know like the Lagavulin the best. My favorite would have to be Ardbeg 10. My next bottle is going to be Laphroiag cask strength, read alot of good things about it.

12/15/13 9:32 PM
Iwanttofightseagal

65 Fender Deluxe - 

My neighbor just started getting into cigars, he gave me a humidor with about 20 cigars in it. I don't know shit about them so I don't know if they're good or not. Here are some of the brands maybe you guys can tell me if they're good or not. Gurkha, Maduro, Pinar Del Rio. He gave me several varieties of the Pinar Del Rio ones. 

Those are horrible, you better just mail them to me so I can dispose of them properly!
12/31/13 3:51 PM
joesonshuevos
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pinar has a lot of different blends, so try each and report back. Maduro is a wrapper, so the outside leaf of the cigar. Usually very dark. Compare that to a Connecticut shade.

Also, the Scotch, you are doing it wrong. Very wrong. I drink anything that peaty or smoky, and it comes back up. I stick to Balvenie, Macallan and Aberlour.

7/5/14 3:10 AM
joxy

Does any one know which Cigar Mr.Stallone use to smoke in the Rocky movie series ?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.