UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Judo Olympian Ronda Rousey Calls Out Cyborg!

3/10/11 3:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
aridweiss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/11 3:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q42qbv8_4Es

Judo Olympian Ronda Rousey Calls Out Cyborg!Judo Phenom Ronda Rousey is one of the top ranked amateurs in the world. She's now three weeks away from her first pro fight at KIng of the Cage "Turning Point", which takes place in Tarzana California on March 27th. Check her out in this video. She calls out Gina Carano and Cyborg. And she happens to be hot! Look for more Ronda at mmasavvy.com.
3/10/11 4:11 AM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like you should have a pro fight before you call out the best. Cyborg will smash her.
3/10/11 4:25 AM
frontrowbrian

We've seen Cyborg can be taken by. Gina did and she's not from a grappling background. It's one thing getting her down, keeping her there is another story though. If you can take her down, keep her there, maybe Cyborg runs out of steam late in the fight.
3/10/11 4:40 AM
frontrowbrian

I'd give Randi Miller, an Olympic Bronze medalist in wrestling, a better shot at Cyborg than Rousey
3/10/11 8:06 AM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randi Miller and the other wrestling Olympic medalist, Sarah McMann, both fight at 135. Too small for Cyborg.

Rousey can beat Cyborg, given some more time. She's the only one on the horizon who can.

In the meantime, if Strikeforce is smart they'll make Carano Vs Rousey.
3/10/11 8:10 AM
TagaCameron

It's nice to see an Olympian enter the sport in their prime instead of in their later thirties.
3/10/11 8:11 AM
gluttun

She might be able to match strength with Cyborg. She's short, but built like a (quite pretty) tank.
3/10/11 9:19 AM
AmericanPsychoMMA

Does Cyborg even fight anymore? Phone Post
3/10/11 10:00 AM
SpartanFightClub

I think that most of you dont have any idea of what level of athletisim it takes to be a top level judoka.

beeing the best in a pool of millions of people practiciing your sport is something that women in mma cant even dream of...

I think She can take down and sub Cyborg pretty easily. But i also think it's a little bit soon. She have to work on his stand up a little bit more.

She should take Carano first, an easy fight for Rousey imho.
3/10/11 10:37 AM
WendyPeters

She's got confidence but I doubt she could even beat Gina at this point.

3/10/11 10:50 AM
frontrowbrian

Dominicf - Randi Miller and the other wrestling Olympic medalist, Sarah McMann, both fight at 135. Too small for Cyborg.

Rousey can beat Cyborg, given some more time. She's the only one on the horizon who can.

In the meantime, if Strikeforce is smart they'll make Carano Vs Rousey.

another thing about Miller, I didn't realize she was 5'2. Her wrestling weight was 139

Cyborg is 5'8 or 5'9.
3/10/11 11:18 AM
Nitecrawler
1829 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/10/11 11:19 AM
SpartanFightClub

WendyPeters - She's got confidence but I doubt she could even beat Gina at this point.

Can you elaborate please?
3/10/11 11:26 AM
jjj2121

frontrowbrian -  We've seen Cyborg can be taken by. Gina did and she's not from a grappling background. It's one thing getting her down, keeping her there is another story though. If you can take her down, keep her there, maybe Cyborg runs out of steam late in the fight.

In all fairness Cyborg took herself down in the Carano fight.  The dreaded pulling mount technique.
3/10/11 11:34 AM
Nitecrawler
1829 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/11 11:36 AM

RUh Roh Ryborg, ratch out ror Ronda Rousey....Heeehehhehhehhee
3/10/11 11:44 AM
PatrickFreitas
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/10/11 11:52 AM
n3m
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KrzyBnzJnz - I feel like you should have a pro fight before you call out the best. Cyborg will smash her.

3/10/11 11:59 AM
JolietJake

Chillin - Cyborg would eat her soul

3/10/11 11:59 AM
KRoyer

4 later
3/10/11 12:01 PM
Nitecrawler

PatrickFreitas - 
var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/6SJAwb-eOOM?fs=1&hl=en_US", "postVideo-33599054-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-33599054"); .

Damn, impressive. However any videos of her getting into a brawl and getting tagged? You might be a black belt but once you get hit in the face with a good shot, sometimes your skills quickly dissolve to blue/purple range.
3/10/11 12:03 PM
uratoker2
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later........
3/10/11 1:15 PM
r_o_y

SpartanFightClub -  I think that most of you dont have any idea of what level of athletisim it takes to be a top level judoka.

beeing the best in a pool of millions of people practiciing your sport is something that women in mma cant even dream of...

I think She can take down and sub Cyborg pretty easily. But i also think it's a little bit soon. She have to work on his stand up a little bit more.

that's all true but i don't think she will be able to run right through cyborg like she did her amateur fights. cyborg is much stronger and likely has more ground skills than the girls rousey fights. i would be interested in seeing how she reacts to getting hit by someone of cyborg's strength.
3/10/11 1:44 PM
SpartanFightClub

r_o_y - 
SpartanFightClub -  I think that most of you dont have any idea of what level of athletisim it takes to be a top level judoka.

that's all true but i don't think she will be able to run right through cyborg like she did her amateur fights. cyborg is much stronger and likely has more ground skills than the girls rousey fights. i would be interested in seeing how she reacts to getting hit by someone of cyborg's strength.

You are right. 

Rousey is also well known for her strenght but her standup is far behind Cyborg one and by now, she dont have enough mma fights.

Let's say Rousey vs Cyborg in 2012, i think is reasonable. But i'm pretty sure she can run through Carano any day.

3/10/11 1:54 PM
Coolface_Awesomeson

SpartanFightClub -  I think She can take down and sub Cyborg pretty easily.

There are still no submissions in competitive judo, right?
And... Cyborg's been training submissions for how long?

I'm gonna have to call 'malarkey' in regards to your above statement.
3/10/11 1:59 PM
Judo Scott
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is an arm breaker to. She's done it several times in judo. Right now I got my money on Ronda but I haven't seen her take a punch yet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.