UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> What work do you like and not like to do?

3/11/11 9:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fake Pie
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/11/11 9:04 PM

I mostly do transactional work. I really like drafting. Negotiating I like as well, though lately I have been doing a lot of lender work which has minimal negotiating as Borrowers have almost no leverage (with some interesting exceptions).

I've recently been drafting credit agreements, note purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements and doing some corporate governance work--formations, resos, etc.

I also recently wrote a FERC complaint and have been doing a lot of legal research on that front. I fucking despise this work, but can't get out of it as I was not busy enough to say no. Now that I am busy, I have to finish it (complaint is done but now it is protests and answers time). So that means weekend work for shit I hate.

I used to do a lot of state regulatory work as well which I hated but grew accustomed to. Now I am having to learn FERC shit which I find to have a huge learning curve.

What about you guys?
3/14/11 6:19 PM
pm1964
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My actual work, I like to do. What I can't stand is doing timesheets. I fucking loathe them.
3/15/11 11:06 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to have work.
3/16/11 1:23 PM
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hate pretty much all of it, but prefer drafting and negotiating deals (particularly private equity/joint ventures) over securities regulation work, which unfortunately is most of what I do
3/16/11 1:39 PM
Cookie Monster
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like criminal trials; hate getting prepared for trial

I like negotiating cases; hate motion practice

Like getting paid; hate having to wrangle $ from clients

I love helping people fight for justice (in whatever form) from larger, stronger, more powerful entities who try to leverage against them. This is my favorite part of the whole law-gig.
3/23/11 12:17 AM
Xtina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drafting is fun. Negotiating, not so much.

I like paper.
3/28/11 3:08 PM
pm1964
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, an Xtina sighting.
3/29/11 3:57 PM
Cookie Monster
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I absolutely loathe family law and related areas. Will not get involved with any such work. Phone Post
3/29/11 3:58 PM
Cookie Monster

BTW, Hello Xtina! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.