UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> who yaal like in ncaa

3/14/11 9:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I been saying Kansas-Duke all year.I know its not going out on a limb but I think they are the 2 best teams.UCONN is real hot and Im pretty favorable to most Big East teams besides Villinova.Kentucky-Ohio St and NC-Syracuse possible matchups I been on the fence about.Pretty wide open tourney
3/14/11 10:06 AM
HeatleMania12
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really depends on if Kyrie Irving plays, and if he fits in.

If he plays and fits in, Duke will steamroll. If he plys and doesn't fit in, they wil get upset somewhat early. If he doesn't play, they have a shot to win it all but not as much as OSU or Kansas. If Irving play it will put nolan Smith at the 2 which will help them a ton especially defensively and on the boards since Nolan is a good rebounding guard.

I always look for teams that are upset proof. Teams that can score in halfcourt. That can guard the perimeter. That can rebound.Teams that can play man to man. And teams that can punish zones which become popular tournament time. Actually I don't think Kansas is upset proof because they still don't guard the perimeter well, but they are close. Duke can be outrebounded at their current state. Ohio State seems upset proof to me. Now OSU can lose to one of the other top tier teams for sure, but they are pretty much a lock for the final 4 and i'm not sure any other team is a lock, so I'll pick OSU.
3/14/11 10:12 AM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate Duke, and before the tournemnt didn't really like their chances based on the UNC and VT games, but the way the bracket pans out I have them winning.

To make it worse I have a douche friend who is a huge Duke Fan. Last year when they won the championship it was a nightmare, with his constant bragging. I wish that halfcourt shot went in last year just so I could see the look on his face...

But it didnt't..SHIT!
3/14/11 10:21 AM
HeatleMania12
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't even take conference road losses against good teams into account. Those games are nearly impossible to win for so many reasons.

For me, Duke only has one bad game this whole season and that was against St. Johns. OSU didn't have any bad games IMO, though they had a horrible second half against Wisconsin blowing a huge lead on the road or not. Kansas has a bad loss at home against Texas. Pittsburg has a bad loss to Tennessee and a legit loss to UConn.
3/14/11 10:31 AM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also think Purdue will make a deep run. Johnson is a an absolute beast, I could see him breaking out. E'twaun Moore brings that senior leadership and can make the big shots down the stretch. I think they will beat Kansas and make the final four.
3/14/11 10:35 AM
HeatleMania12

I have a yahoo pick em league if anyone is interested

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup

Group number: 109601
3/14/11 3:12 PM
Winston Wolf

ill try and join ur league.Im already at the 5 game limit but may be able to switch.I do one for 100 bucks with good prize money.I was thinking Kentucky can upset Ohio State who had a few tough games in their league championships while Kentucky steamrolled.Who do u like Syracuse or NC ?
3/14/11 3:13 PM
Winston Wolf

whats the password
3/14/11 3:17 PM
Winston Wolf

im in im the grim reaper
3/14/11 5:00 PM
HeatleMania12

I like Syracuse against UNC even though I didn't pick them.

UNC can't shoot the 3 well against Syracuse's zone.
3/14/11 8:30 PM
CRBMoney14

I made one on there. That Southeast region is terrible
3/15/11 12:40 AM
Tommy Gunnz
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Texas to win the whole thing
3/15/11 3:22 AM
stillmatic
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz - I like Texas to win the whole thing

They're capable if they get hot. If they're playing at their best, they are incredibly tough to beat. Their defense is absolutely dominating at times. Unfortunately, they have some players like Hamilton, Brown and Johnson who you have no idea how they will play each given game. They also need Thompson to stay out of foul trouble.
3/15/11 7:18 PM
HeatleMania12

Rick Barnes is a great coach..... until the game starts. He will find a way to coach his opponents to victory.
3/17/11 12:30 AM
CRBMoney14

Princeton/Kentucky
UCLA/Michigan St.
Richmond/Vanderbilt
Kansas St/Utah St
Gonzaga/St Johns

Some amzazing fucking games

Im ready!
3/17/11 11:31 AM
Tommy Gunnz
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rick Barnes is an elite recruiter and an average coach. If this guy just hired a top notch X and O's guy and let him manage the games Texas would be winning national championships IMHO
3/17/11 4:09 PM
CRBMoney14

It really is nice that they let the guys actually play. Everytime a guy runs to the hoop and falls down isnt a foul
3/17/11 6:03 PM
Winston Wolf

Kentucky squeeks by and down goes Louisville
3/17/11 7:32 PM
Floppy Divac
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Gauchos  :(
3/27/11 8:00 PM
HeatleMania12

Winston Wolf wins in the worst but most competitve league ever lol

4 points seperated the top 10 brackets. Sucks that nobody can get anymore points. Only 4 of us picked final 4 teams. I got Butler right, 3 others got UConn. Winston somehow won and didn't even get any of the final four.
3/27/11 8:02 PM
HeatleMania12

I still don't know how OSU let UK beat them. UK has so many holes it's crazy. Same with UConn. Butler and VCU are more complete teams, but less talented.

Worst Final Four quality wise ever IMO. Games will probably be good though.
3/27/11 8:33 PM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 03/27/11 8:34 PM
id have won my money league if Kansas won.I did good picking KY to final 4 in that league. Nobody had more than 2 final 4 picks at most
3/28/11 4:35 AM
Winston Wolf

took second in my money league which is 100 to enter .Won 625.If Kansas had won id have tied for first and won 1250 If they made finals Id have won 2600

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.