UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> Needs to work on skills?

3/14/11 11:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I was looking at the results from friday's wild bills and I noticed on the ga athletic commission site it noted that in the daughtery/blankenship fight that daughtery "needs to work on his skills" and gave him a 30 day suspension and that he "needed additional training". WTF? I've never looked at the AC's official results page before...is this common? Just seems weird...especially considering the low level I've seen in some local ammy fights.

http://www.sos.ga.gov/gaec/Results/Full%20Throttle%20Entertainment%203-11-2011.pdf
3/16/11 5:57 PM
ebullock
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I definitely agree with that assessment.
3/16/11 6:46 PM
tpabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funny thing is most of the time the judges dont even know what the hell they are looking at, now they are evaluating talent? I think they should take some classes and learn what the skills are, not tell people to get more skilled! if the kid isn't ready, his trainer should protect him from injury and hold him out. The promoter also needs to have some brains and once they see a kid obviously not ready, hold him off the card
3/23/11 2:00 PM
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ebullock -  <div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 10pt">I definitely agree with that assessment. </span></div>

did you see the fight? i'm just curious as to how bad you have to be for them to say that. i mean hell i've seen guys with no training get in there and fight.
3/23/11 2:50 PM
ebullock
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did. It was horrible. He did not keep his hands up and was swinging wildly (like redneck style roundhouses). I thought that it looked like someone put him there to teach him a lesson or something. he would have been hurt badly if the ref didn't stop it.
3/30/11 1:35 PM
Sober

lol...thanks for the response.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.