UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Relentless BJJ Seminar (Wolfpack BJJ)

3/16/11 12:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ambermma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relentless BJJ Seminar! May 6-7 in Tuscaloosa by Charles Dos Anjos! www.wolfpackbjj.com anyone wanna head down with me??! it's gi and nogi!
BJJ Seminar hosted by Relentless Training Center in Tuscaloosa May 6-7. It's going to be taught by Charles Dos Anjos from Wolfpack BJJ (www.wolfpackbjj.com) If anyone's interested I'm getting a group together for a group rate.

Let me know. Right now the prices are as listed:

$50 per session or $75 for both days. Also if you have children that are into BJJ or you want to get them into BJJ you can enroll them in the seminar for $35.

This seminar is open to all skill levels. The nogi session is friday night. The gi session is on Saturday. We can get group rates at a hotel if you we get a big enough group to go.

The sessions last about 6 hours, so the price is a pretty good deal, Charles is a BJJ black belt. I'm super pumped about this. Let me know if you wanna go!

3/16/11 12:02 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't one of the longest and most famous threads on the Atama BJJ forum about how fraud filled Wolfpack BJJ is and how it is a total fucking scam?
3/16/11 12:04 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/16/11 12:04 PM
 http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.frame&thread=1789971&page=1 

More than 1000 posts and tens of thousands of views.
3/16/11 1:35 PM
ambermma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strangle, that link doesn't work for me but if it's a scam i'd totally like to know about it.
3/16/11 4:35 PM
AL_BJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stranglehold26 - Isn't one of the longest and most famous threads on the Atama BJJ forum about how fraud filled Wolfpack BJJ is and how it is a total fucking scam?
 If you read that old post, and it was a good thread, there is one big key point I'd like to make...

--> Everything Dos Anjos does is legit. He is the real deal. The other partner, Larry Shealy, in the ITA thing was the business end of that deal. Dos Anjos runs good schools, he is not a politician, he does A+ jiu jitsu. When they had that ITA thing going on I traveled to Tuscaloosa, years ago, to a McDojo to do a seminar with Dos Anjos. It was INSANE.

Now that I am older and wiser, and in hine-sight, I can see that Dos Anjos saw an opportunity to grow his sport and his business; and it probably had side-effects he didnt intend resulting from the credibility of his partners. Thats exactly what the original thread said to.

At that time I was training in a McDojo becuase I didnt have a choice but I was lucky in that the karate school I was training in was pretty solid with its BJJ. Luck of the draw in a small town.

Charles Dos Anjos owns Wolfpack, but Wolfpack seemed to get the bad rep, atleast on the UG, becuase it was plastered on taekwondo signes all over the country for a minute. His set-up is not a scam, but now he doent have "affiliates" all over creation either.

I know these guys in Tuscaloosa. They dont have any crazy testing fees and I havent seen them hand out belts or anything like that. Not like the McDojo's do. I know they report to Dos Anjos a lot about what they are teaching and how they are training. So it seems legit. I wish I lived up there so I could train better.

After attending one of his seminars I cant wait to do another one. The other partner was the one who would hand out belts for a weekend seminar, not Dos Anjos. That original thread was pretty clear about that.

This is the google link to that original thread - http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=11&thread=1603156&page=1 - its 45 effing pages long! But everything in it about Charles Dos Anjos is totally positive!
AL_BJJ

Sorry for the long post :(
AL_BJJ

Sorry for the long post :(
3/16/11 4:59 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just to throw in my 2 cents worth...

I've been told that dos Anjos had a partner, who was responsible for the negative things. After asking around, I believe that story.

I personally know the owners and trainers at the Relentless Training Center. They don't mess around, and wouldn't be associated with a rip-off.

So...

I stand behind Relentless. My call is that this will be a great opportunity. I wish I could be there for the training.

I look forward to reading about it!
3/16/11 5:21 PM
ambermma

agreed, after reading the post that Clint sent me to, and then reading on wolfpack, i think that Charles is the real deal.

that being said.

anyone down to go, LET ME KNOW.
3/17/11 4:43 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm your Huckleberry.

Not a bad drive for me, although I really hate that stretch of road coming up 65 just before B'ham.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.