UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Sleeve questions

3/16/11 8:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WalrusTitty
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been wanting a sleeve for a few years and have a few questions. Clearly this does not happen in one sitting, so is it better to have the artist outline the entire thing and work their way in, do chunks at a time to completion, or just let the artist do what he feels is best? The arguement for outlining the whole thing is that it should fit perfectly, come together well, etc. The arguement for piece by piece is that what I have will look good as the process is going on. Plus if I ever needed to put progress on hold (financial reasons, etc.) it looks good and what I do have is complete. My other view is that I'm not a tattoo artist and should probably trust my artist and let him work the way he works best. Any input?
3/18/11 1:21 AM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are you getting one large design, shoulder to wrist..?? Then outline the whole thing in one go, do sessions until complete.

if you want to look like a sailor, little tattoos collaged all over the arm, then fill in the gaps. That can be done piece-meal.

(** if paying for something is a big issue, you should wait and save before starting. Get to a point where throwing 3 or 4 K towards your project is no big deal)

:0)
3/18/11 9:32 PM
WalrusTitty
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the advice. Don't want to look like a sailor, but don't want it piece-meal. I suppose I should just nut up and do it.

Ever heard of Christopher Bettley aka Christafist?
3/23/11 2:40 PM
T-Ham
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outline first dude.
3/28/11 10:35 PM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got home with a new elbow to wrist beginning of a sleeve..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.