UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Miller: 'If they call, I fight'

3/17/11 12:02 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Mike Chiappetta: Why do you think UFC came to you to take this fight?
Dan Miller: They know I won't turn a fight down, especially since I was training for a fight. I told them when [brother] Jim and I started, they can count on us any time. If they call, we'll fight. I don't think either of us has turned down a fight yet.

MC: Did you have to think about it this time?
DM: It could be a tough call depending on a few things, but usually it doesn't matter. Look at Jim, he once stepped in on eight days' notice after taking a month and a half off [against Matt Wiman, in 2008]. He didn't train for that long. He got married, had his honeymoon, then Thanksgiving, and they called him to fight. It's something we love, fighting. It's something I enjoy. it's 15 minutes of my life. I'm pretty sure i can go 15 minutes.

MC: Since you have that reputation and willingness, do you always keep in fight shape?
DM: I'm usually in fight shape, it depends on a few things. For example, after the Demian Maia fight, I broke my thumb and had to have surgery so i was out for a while, but most of the time, I'm right back in the gym a week or two weeks later. Usually I'm in shape and ready to go.

read entire interview...

3/17/11 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
romophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atta Boy!
3/17/11 12:07 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's something I enjoy. it's 15 minutes of my life. I'm pretty sure i can go 15 minutes.

Fighter.
3/17/11 12:12 PM
DukeIsh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^agreed. I love that attitude.
3/17/11 12:24 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Miller bros dont get nearly as much credit as they deserve!  Fighters!
3/17/11 1:00 PM
Hugh Jaynus
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Power - 
It's something I enjoy. it's 15 minutes of my life. I'm pretty sure i can go 15 minutes.

Fighter.

Hell yes. Both Miller brothers are awesome.
3/17/11 1:02 PM
STAFFN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect Phone Post
3/17/11 1:07 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LiftStrong -  The Miller bros dont get nearly as much credit as they deserve!  Fighters!

this

Dan stepping up on late notice and Jim taking 2 fights in a row that are pretty much lose-lose scenario.
3/17/11 1:51 PM
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

much respect
3/18/11 8:41 AM
Idsmashit

He is 3/1 outsider and 6/1 to win by sub.
3/18/11 1:30 PM
zora_d_1991
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan of the Miller brothers. Two tough sons of bitches.
3/18/11 2:51 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
 Miller bros are what this sport is all about.
3/18/11 3:46 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to have to wear my AMA shirt this weekend.
3/18/11 4:47 PM
K-Dub-"T"

DamnSevern - 
LiftStrong -  The Miller bros dont get nearly as much credit as they deserve!  Fighters!

this

Dan stepping up on late notice and Jim taking 2 fights in a row that are pretty much lose-lose scenario.

And yet if he loses he might get cut.No love for short notice fighters in the UFC.
3/18/11 5:41 PM
mma shill
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The miller bros are two of the best representatives of the sport Phone Post
3/18/11 5:45 PM
GetJimiPosterBoyInTheUFC!
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K-Dub-"T" - 
DamnSevern - 

this

And yet if he loses he might get cut.No love for short notice fighters in the UFC.
i highly doubt that Dana would cut Dan after not cutting him when he was on a 3 fight lose streak, especially since he praised him for taking this fight

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.