UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wiman vs Siver at UFC 132

3/17/11 1:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Marvelous One
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/11 1:44 PM

Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman slated for July's UFC 132 event
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Mar 17, 2011 at 12:15 pm ET
A pair of lightweights sporting three-fight win streaks meet in Las Vegas as Dennis Siver (18-7 MMA, 7-4 UFC) faces Matt Wiman (13-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC).

UFC officials announced the matchup Thursday morning.

UFC 132 is expected to take place July 2 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Siver enters the matchup on the strength of an upset win over George Sotiropoulos at February's UFC 127 event. The clear-cut decision win represented Siver's third-straight win in the octagon, and the German striker is now 6-1 in his past seven UFC appearances.

Along the way, Siver has picked up four "Fight Night" bonuses, including two "Knockout of the Night" bonuses, as well as a "Fight of the Night" and "Submission of the Night" award.

Wiman fought most recently in January, when he picked up an impressive decision win over Cole Miller at UFC Fight Night 23. The win marked Wiman's third-straight victory since suffering a pair of decision losses to Sam Stout and Jim Miller in back-to-back appearances.

The two losses were Wiman's lone setbacks in his past nine outings. Along the way, the 27-year-old picked up three-straight "Fight of the Night" bonuses.

For more on UFC 132, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.
3/17/11 2:43 PM
Fangas
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight. Siver by KO Phone Post
3/17/11 2:57 PM
PJ Benn Fan
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does Siver go from decisively beating George S to having to face Wiman?

Dont understand this.
3/17/11 2:59 PM
Jason
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

should be a good fight
3/17/11 3:01 PM
willywanka
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight, I think Wiman takes this.
3/17/11 3:06 PM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PJ Benn Fan -  How does Siver go from decisively beating George S to having to face Wiman?

Dont understand this.

Welcome to UFC Matchmaking!

They also gave us Guillard vs. Roller, when Guillard vs. Siver II makes much more sense now since they are both on similar win streaks.
3/17/11 3:09 PM
Gondul
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much you wanna bet this fight will be on the undercard and george sots vs dunham fight will be on the main card.... Phone Post
3/17/11 3:16 PM
Body Shots
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think its a great match-up! Always so many people crying over every fight, this person beat this person and they have this name and they are on win streaks blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!

JUST ENJOY THE DAMN FIGHTS!

SOTS / DUNHAM = AWESOME
ROLLER / GUILLARD = AWESOME
WIMAN / SIVER = AWESOME
3/17/11 3:16 PM
Body Shots
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/11 3:16 PM
dub

3/17/11 3:19 PM
Baaadbobby
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/11 3:20 PM
<blockquote>Body Shots - I think its a great match-up! Always so many people crying over every fight, this person beat this person and they have this name and they are on win streaks blah blah blah!!!!!!!!! <br /><br /></blockquote><br /><br /><br />It's called progression and most fans like seeing people move up in combat sports after everyfight if they win. <br /><br />I enjoy it either way.
3/17/11 3:20 PM
Baaadbobby

O and I like wiman but its siver's time.

Siver ko rd 1
3/17/11 3:22 PM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, great fight, will be fireworks.
3/17/11 3:23 PM
Body Shots

Edited: 03/17/11 3:24 PM
Baaadbobby - 
Body Shots - I think its a great match-up! Always so many people crying over every fight, this person beat this person and they have this name and they are on win streaks blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!

It's called progression and I most fans like seeing people move up in combat sports after everyfight if they win.

I enjoy it either way.
Progression is fine but what's the problem here with these fights!

Wiman and Siver both on 3 fight win streaks, what because Siver beats SOTS he deserves Frankie or Maynard

SOTS / Dunham both coming off first losses in UFC careers - good test for both

Guillard / Roller both coming off nice T(KO) wins and pose a real threat to each other but not ready for title shots, good moving up the ladder fight

Seems like good matchmaking to me

3/17/11 3:25 PM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it is kind of silly they are making these match ups with guys before this weekend's Miller vs. Kamal match. Why not wait and, if Miller wins, do Miller vs. Guillard for a contender spot?
3/17/11 3:26 PM
Baaadbobby

Wow you're right. I forgot about wimans fight with miller too. That progression line has its place but not here I guess. Sometimes they do dumbass matches though.
3/17/11 3:26 PM
Baaadbobby

epwar - I think it is kind of silly they are making these match ups with guys before this weekend's Miller vs. Kamal match. Why not wait and, if Miller wins, do Miller vs. Guillard for a contender spot?

Miller is coming off a loss, he is no where near top 10 in my opinion and should'nt be contending anytime soon.
3/17/11 3:27 PM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So many talented guys in LW flying under the radar at the moment.
3/17/11 3:30 PM
Body Shots

Baaadbobby - Wow you're right. I forgot about wimans fight with miller too. That progression line has its place but not here I guess. Sometimes they do dumbass matches though.
Everyone says that and everyone was crying when SOTS / Siver was made saying SOTS needed someone in the top 5! How'd that turn out?
3/17/11 3:31 PM
epwar

Edited: 03/17/11 3:32 PM
Baaadbobby - 
epwar - I think it is kind of silly they are making these match ups with guys before this weekend's Miller vs. Kamal match. Why not wait and, if Miller wins, do Miller vs. Guillard for a contender spot?

Miller is coming off a loss, he is no where near top 10 in my opinion and should'nt be contending anytime soon.

Uh, Jim Miller has won his last 6 fights and his last loss was in 2009 (to Maynard). He also has the best UFC record in the division (8-1). If they can call Hardy a contender off his joke run, then Miller is definitely one.
3/17/11 3:33 PM
Body Shots

Baaadbobby - 

I think your thinking of COLE not JIM

JIM needs an impressive win this weekend and then fight the loser of FRANKIE / MAYNARD so Pettis gets winner if he beats Clay!

JIM only loss in UFC is to Maynard, he is def top 5-7 LW in UFC imo

3/17/11 3:45 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baaadbobby - 

Fucking 11ers

3/17/11 4:17 PM
AndyMain
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Body Shots - 
Baaadbobby - 

JIM needs an impressive win this weekend and then fight the loser of FRANKIE / MAYNARD so Pettis gets winner if he beats Clay!

First Jim is definitely top 5. Frankie, BJ, Grey, Miller, Pettis.

If Jim wins he should not have to fight the loser of Frankie-Grey

The next contender will come down to how Jim Miller and Pettis do in their next bouts.

If they both win they should fight each other for the shot.
If Pettis loses and Jim wins Jim should get the shot.
If Pettis wins and Jim loses Pettis should get the shot.
If they both lose than the world is in disarray.
3/17/11 4:21 PM
CRBMoney14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More dart board matchmaking
3/17/11 4:34 PM
Body Shots

AndyMain - 
Body Shots - 
Baaadbobby - 

First Jim is definitely top 5. Frankie, BJ, Grey, Miller, Pettis.

If Jim wins he should not have to fight the loser of Frankie-Grey

The next contender will come down to how Jim Miller and Pettis do in their next bouts.

If they both win they should fight each other for the shot.
If Pettis loses and Jim wins Jim should get the shot.
If Pettis wins and Jim loses Pettis should get the shot.
If they both lose than the world is in disarray.
I said he was top 5 to 7: Edgar, Penn, Maynard, Pettis, Bendo, Florian, Miller, Guida, SOTS, Dunham - you can shuffle those around, but he's def top contender!

Also, Dana already said Pettis would get next shot if he wins! Jim winning or losing will have no affect on that! WEC Champ beating Guida gets the shot!

Jim winning this weekend then fighting a BIG name like Edgar or avenging his only loss would catapult him into his title shot and become more well known to the casual fan beating a Edgar or Maynard!

3/17/11 5:52 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great match up. Wiman is riding a three fight win streak and he looked nasty against Cole Miller. Wiman has found his rhythm.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.