UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jared Shaw: F. Shamrock Offered to Fix Kimbo fight

3/20/11 9:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caposa
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/11 9:33 PM

Listening to SRN Rewind on Sherdog, and Jared Shaw is the guest

keep in mind this guy doesnt have alot of credibility, its fucking Skala for christs sake, but he says he never plans on doing anything MMA related ever again and has nothing to hide

says Ariel Helwani is the only other person who knows about this

he claims that when Ken Shamrock got cut the night of the Elite XC CBS show, Frank Shamrock  took him into a back room and offered to take a dive against Kimbo

still on right now:

http://www.sherdog.com/beatdown.php

Says Ken was demanding more money the night before the event and that the cut was clearly done on purpose 
3/20/11 9:33 PM
Stu Cazzo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ahahahhahahah

Wigga is spittin game
3/20/11 9:33 PM
notmyopic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt that would shock anyone, but this has zero bearing on current MMA, does not matter anymore.
3/20/11 9:35 PM
caposa
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its still pretty interesting, considering there were rumors that Frank wanted to take the fight that night
3/20/11 9:38 PM
Titos Cracked Skull
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$kala!!!!
3/20/11 9:41 PM
BuddyRevell
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gusto - knowing frank, he was saying anything to get in there with kimbo. once in there, i imagine he would have beat kimbos ass and then demanded a huge fight with someone else

Yeah, I could see Frank doing this.
3/20/11 9:41 PM
Magic8

Edited: 03/20/11 9:42 PM
wonder if Ariel will address this.
3/20/11 9:42 PM
The Notorious OMG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/20/11 9:43 PM
he was just following Gary Shaw's lead via Bo Cantrell taking a dive in Kimbo's debut and paying Tony Fryklund to not take it to the ground against Cung Le.

and god knows what else...
3/20/11 9:44 PM
mr berndto
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find that interesting also bc there was heavy rumors for a hot minute about Frank taking an ass kicking from Cung Le for the good of the company.
3/20/11 9:45 PM
kanotoa
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL, Frank working a work.
Enamoratu
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This isn't a huge stretch. Frank fought in Pancrase, which at the time was essentially a pro wrestling organisation.  
The Notorious OMG

there's a difference between someone who make a living being a jobber in 90+ fights that nobody ever sees and someone like Frank Shamrock offering to take a dive against Kimbo live on CBS.
caposa

UGer Patrick Freitas (former ICON Sport promotor) said Elite XC was a fucking mess behind the scenes
3/20/11 9:59 PM
jjj2121

Magic8 - wonder if Ariel will address this.

me too
3/20/11 10:02 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doubt Ariel will address this.

He is in Dana Whites good graces, and if he snitches that Frank DID do what Jared says he did, it will cast a shadow of Ariel that he would let slip any dark dealings that he is aware of Dana White himself doing.

Don't comment about this, Ariel.
3/20/11 10:07 PM
caposa

mr berndto - I find that interesting also bc there was heavy rumors for a hot minute about Frank taking an ass kicking from Cung Le for the good of the company.
Shaw insinuated that Frank may have worked that too

keep in mind the asshole that is saying this shit though
3/20/11 10:08 PM
caposa

jjj2121 - 
Magic8 - wonder if Ariel will address this.

me too
Ariel has the MMA Hour on tomorrow. if anyone wants to ask him about it call him on the show and ask him on air. That would be nice and awkward

3/20/11 10:12 PM
Pandanus

The SRN will have Frank Shamrock on tomorrow to respond.
3/20/11 10:13 PM
Marco808

Doesn't really surprise me. EliteXC seemed like a pretty shady org, in general.

I remember thinking Kimbo's first fight with them looked like a work, too.
3/20/11 10:13 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - Shaw insinuated that Frank may have worked that too

keep in mind the asshole that is saying this shit though
Lol, ridiculous for Shaw to say that. So Frank worked the broken arm that he spent close to a year healing too? How'd he work that?

Frank fought Cung Le in a way to put on a great show. Frank knew he would have a much greater chance at winning if he grappled with Cung but for the sake of the promotion and the show he fought Cung in a standup battlle to provide for more excitement and more growth of the organization. that's not a work though, shaw!

3/20/11 10:16 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As for Shaw saying Ken cut himself on purpose, I have always thought this to be a ridiculous accusation. not saying Ken is totally above that, but it makes zero sense for Ken do cut himself if his goal is to hold out for more money. Ken got paid ZERO dollars because the cut prevented him from fighting. cutting yourself makes absolutely no sense if the goal is to make more money, which the accusers say was Ken's goal.
3/20/11 10:17 PM
Pandanus

Frank did try to take down Cung in the first round though and Cung shook them off. People forget that even in his prime Shamrock didn't have the greatest wrestling in the world.
3/20/11 10:20 PM
Enamoratu

nobones - 
caposa -  Listening to SRN Rewind on Sherdog, and Jared Shaw is the guest

keep in mind this guy doesnt have alot of credibility, its fucking Skala for christs sake, but he says he never plans on doing anything MMA related ever again and has nothing to hide

says Ariel Helwani is the only other person who knows about this

he claims that when Ken Shamrock got cut the night of the Elite XC CBS show, Frank Shamrock  took him into a back room and offered to take a dive against Kimbo

still on right now:

http://www.sherdog.com/beatdown.php

Says Ken was demanding more money the night before the event and that the cut was clearly done on purpose 
Not impossible.  Holding out for more money the night before or even hours before a show is a classic pro wrestler carny trick pulled on green promoters.  Ken's roots are in pro wrestling even before he ever fought in Pancrase.  I heard the same thing from Dave Meltzer. 

I have no idea if what he is saying about Frank Shamrock is true, but anyone that watched the telecast knows for a fact that Frank offered to step in for Ken because Frank said so at the beginning of the show when they announced that Ken had to pull out of the fight.  I have always been a fan of Frank Shamrock as a fighter, but this doesn't seem beyond him from what I've known about Frank.  In the pro wrestling/pancrase/shootfighting culture that Ken brought Frank into, throwing a fight was not something unusual to do if the money was right.  In that culture, the most important thing above all else was to make money.  Not athletic accomplishment.  Not legacy.  Just to make money.  I remember Ken's comment about being in the first UFC, he was waiting in the back for one of the promoters to come over and tell him who was going to win what matches because that was what he was used to back in Japan.  Then when Teila Tuli's tooth went flying out the ring, he realized that he was in the real deal.

Great post

3/20/11 10:25 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken is so full of shit you can barely believe anything he says. He has contradicted himself re: UFC1 so many times it's impossible to know anything. As for him or his brother pulling last minute shenanigans on Elite XC, who knows. Neither are above such things.
3/20/11 10:27 PM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

gusto - knowing frank, he was saying anything to get in there with kimbo. once in there, i imagine he would have beat kimbos ass and then demanded a huge fight with someone else

this!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.