UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> TUF - Now on Free to Air in Oz!

3/20/11 11:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elvis
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

‘TUF’SET TO GO!
‘The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team Dos Santos series - fast-tracked from the US - premieres on GO! this Thursday, March 31, at 11:30pm

Sydney, Australia – The Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) organisation is excited to announce the brand new series of long-running sports reality TV show ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ will air on free-to-air multi-channel GO!.

In a huge win for Aussie fans, each episode of this latest season of ‘TUF’ will be broadcast on the GO! network within hours of the worldwide premiere in the United States. The first episode airs  this Thursday, March 31 at 11:30pm.

Now in its thirteenth season, the new series of TUF sees the ‘Baddest Man on the Planet’ and most compelling figure in all of combat sports - Brock Lesnar - lead a team of talented newcomers against a team lead by the sledgehammer-fisted Brazilian Junior Dos Santos.

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar Vs. Team Dos Santos documents the journey of these talented unsigned mixed martial artists, who will live and train together as they compete for a six-figure contract with the world’s leading combat sports organisation.

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Lesnar and current No1 contender Dos Santos will then face off inside the world famous Octagon(TM) at a later date in their final eliminator to face reigning UFC Champion Cain Velazquez.

Marshall Zelaznik, UFC Managing Director of International Development said: “We’re delighted to partner with GO! and to be able to air The Ultimate Fighter on free-to-air television in Australia literally hours after it airs in the US.

“UFC is just exploding in popularity in Australia. Our second live event in Sydney last month was the fastest sell-out in the Acer Arena’s history, with all 18,000 seats going in less than 22 minutes. Our Australian fans are amongst our most loyal worldwide and with our partnership with GO!  more Aussie fans than ever will be able to watch what’s predicted to be one of the most exciting seasons of The Ultimate Fighter to date.”

3/21/11 12:18 AM
joemasepoos
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats great news .
3/21/11 5:36 AM
Kakoda
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brilliant, thanks for the update Elvis! Phone Post
3/21/11 7:03 AM
absoluteidiot
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well it's a little late now that I hate MMA after seeing Jerk-off Jones almost kill my fave fighter on Sunday... Oh what the hell - War my new fave fighter Dos Santos!!! Phone Post
3/22/11 2:57 AM
ken amtrack

OMG!! GTFO!! Serious!! STFU!!..Thanks you old school King for this blessed news..My life is now complete..checking the Aus forum has finally paid off..If only leftnut would go back to Sherdog ;)..PS and Justin would finally drop his Green name :|
3/24/11 6:39 PM
Happy Wanderer

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!.........fire it up!!
Good work Elvis keep it up dude
3/28/11 7:16 PM
Elvis
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starts tonight...
3/30/11 7:05 AM
ken amtrack

Tick Tick
3/30/11 9:23 AM
Berkit78

Does that mean it's not on fuel anymore I must be the only fool in aus that can't get free to air reception but I have foxtel Phone Post
3/30/11 2:28 PM
Carson's Corner radio show
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/11 2:28 PM
Elvis,

When will you come on Carson's Corner? (It's an MMA podcast, don't embarrass me like that.)

Have a look at some of our shows. We've had some pretty big guests in the past:

3/31/11 12:08 AM
Elvis

He Carson,

PM me and we can set something up.

Elvis
3/31/11 8:41 PM
Carson's Corner radio show
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, Elvis.

You have PM.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.