UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> National MMA License?????

3/21/11 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
neverquit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So whats all about the national mma license. I fought a bunch before but never needed to get it. I see some states require it now. Whats the best way to obtain it. How long is it good for, why do i need it? Plus give me more info on it if you got any thanks UG
3/22/11 5:16 PM
RavenFighter

There is a federal license that all pro boxers have to get. Maybe they are now making MMA fighters get one too?
3/24/11 12:59 PM
New School

Had to get one to fight in Ohio last summer. It's a money making racket for the athletic commissions. $20, good for 5 years iirc.
3/26/11 2:49 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got one last year in Ohio, too, (first one I had to get after having 11 fights) an haven't fought/needed it since lol.
4/22/11 11:50 AM
BuckeyeMMA

Apparently all the sanctioned states are requiring the national ID. The concept behind it is solid... to prevent guys from using different names in order to pad/hide their records. This is a HUGE problem in the unsanctioned states. I know of quite a few fighters and promoters who will take a prospect and have him fight a total bum who's got a shitty record like 3-11. But to make the fight appear fair, they'll change the name of the bum and give him a fake record.

Check out Ted Reynolds. He's like 1-15. A friend of mine fought him like 6 years ago when he was only 1-4. Well about a year later I saw a poster for a midwest show with a pretty well known guy who's fought in the UFC 2x fighting a 'Theodore Reynol'. I could immediately tell that it's the same guy but, when I looked him up under the name listed, he was listed as 18-0!!!! Of course now 'Theodore Reynol' is 20-3 but only has 3 fights against actual opponents rather than fake, made up names.

The National ID is supposed to stop stuff like this from happening... so a guy doesn't get thrown to the wolves just to pad another guy's record.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.