UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Anyone take sleeping pills?

3/22/11 12:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Eh_J
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going through a bit of a stressful period right now and I'm having difficulty falling asleep almost every night.

Anyone have any experience with sleeping pills?

Do they work?

Do you wake up refreshed?
3/22/11 12:44 AM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

melatonin
3/22/11 12:45 AM
duckhuntgangsta
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I took ambien twice. I woke up feeling pretty good. I do suggest addressing what is stressing you though. Phone Post
3/22/11 12:46 AM
Sandy Pantz
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have had mixed results with Diphenhydramine. Sometimes works, sometimes not. I didn't find that it worked well when I was stressed.
3/22/11 12:46 AM
duckhuntgangsta
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good call. I take melatonin all the time. Much safer and really does help. I think I'll take some now. Phone Post
3/22/11 12:47 AM
TheSergeK
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do an OG search for Ambien. A few threads on it with funny stories.
3/22/11 12:48 AM
flesheatingbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i pop 3 melatonin if i have trouble sleeping. it works.
3/22/11 12:48 AM
BradGluckman
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sandy Pantz - I have had mixed results with Diphenhydramine. Sometimes works, sometimes not. I didn't find that it worked well when I was stressed.

I take two 25 mg diphenhydramine and it works like a charm takes about 30-40 minutes before it kicks in
3/22/11 12:49 AM
Non N00B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Melatonin doesnt work for me, but works for some people.

Just realize all over the counter sleeping pills are either diphenhydramine hydrochloride, or doxylamine succinate, with the former being more common, aka Benadryl. They are just antihistamines, dont fall for the brand bullshit, buy the cheapest bobo brand you can find. The diphenhydramine works better for me, the doxy makes me feel weirder. I have fucked up dreams on either one though.

I have been taking the otc stuff for years, and have NEVER woken up refreshed, Im always groggy for hours after I wake up. I also get immune to them very easily. I take max strength of either type, or buy the non max strength and take two (50mg).

They will put you down, but I have noticed I will wake up after only a couple of hours sometimes, and then take another 2+ hours to fall back asleep. It also feels like if you get woken up, then go back to sleep, the hours of sleep you got before didnt even count. It's weird.

3/22/11 12:49 AM
Eh_J
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Need a prescription for melatonin?
3/22/11 12:51 AM
Eh_J

duckhuntgangsta -  I took ambien twice. I woke up feeling pretty good. I do suggest addressing what is stressing you though. Phone Post
Just a whole bunch of shit crashing down all at once...  Messy break up...  Job loss...  etc etc.

I'm working on fixing the causes but for now I just want to get some sleep.

Non N00B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sandy Pantz - I have had mixed results with Diphenhydramine. Sometimes works, sometimes not. I didn't find that it worked well when I was stressed.

Im the same way, but only if I have taken it in recent times. I have to go 1-2 days without it for it to really work. If I go close to a week without it, then take it, it usually hits me really hard. I took it last night, it didnt do much, but did get me asleep. Tonight I took 50mg of doxy instead, and it's working, but starting to wear off, so if it does make me sleep early, I will probably end up waking up shortly after.
BradGluckman
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

doxylamine succinate gives me the feeling of a hangover i do not recommend it takes until about noon till the effects wear off from taking the night before
Non N00B

Eh_J - Need a prescription for melatonin?

It's in the vitamin/herb isle at any store.
3/22/11 12:52 AM
BradGluckman

Edited: 03/22/11 12:52 AM
double post
3/22/11 12:55 AM
YuckFou
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't find melatonin works for me either, but no you don't need a prescription.  I have been a long time insomnia sufferer and I got addicted to sleeping pills in Uni so I refuse to take them anymore.  If I ever get a bout of insomnia again I go with this:  

and then its lights out.
3/22/11 1:07 AM
SwampRocker
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've heard melatonin doesn't work for others.

but for me...about 5 years ago when i broke my leg and was put on some kickpain killers, after a few days on the pills i decided to take myself off of them b/c i didn't want to get addicted. I couldn't sleep for shit. a friend suggested the melatonin, and it worked like a charm for me.

imo, at least worth a first step.
3/22/11 1:09 AM
Eh_J

I'll give melatonin a shot.  Seems like it has some other benefits, too.
3/22/11 1:12 AM
mdfmma123
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I too take Melatonin. Like most others have already said, it works great for me as well.
3/22/11 1:15 AM
hubris
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rob Ford will make everything ok

3/22/11 1:18 AM
Eh_J

hubris - Rob Ford will make everything ok

LOL

3/22/11 1:30 AM
Gianni Whitesocks
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
3/22/11 1:40 AM
bluenoser
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If possible do hard excersise two hours before bed.

You will crash naturally and have a deep, refreshing sleep.

3/22/11 1:44 AM
Eh_J

bluenoser - If possible do hard excersise two hours before bed.

This is the opposite for me.

When I did p90, everytime I did one of the workouts close to bedtime, I tossed and turned all night long.

3/22/11 1:49 AM
BradGluckman

Eh_J - 
bluenoser - If possible do hard excersise two hours before bed.

This is the opposite for me.

When I did p90, everytime I did one of the workouts close to bedtime, I tossed and turned all night long.

Exactly after jiu jitsu I become an insomniac ^

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.