UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Anyone take sleeping pills?

3/23/11 9:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
David@accu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was taking Unisom but i fucked up on Saturday night and didn't give myself a full 8 hours rest (only like 3). Anyways I got up to go to work and then went to go train and thought I was going to die. It felt like I was smoking all over again. I'm done with them till after I fight.
3/23/11 3:54 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

David@accu -  I was taking Unisom but i fucked up on Saturday night and didn't give myself a full 8 hours rest (only like 3). Anyways I got up to go to work and then went to go train and thought I was going to die. It felt like I was smoking all over again. I'm done with them till after I fight.

Exactly just cause you can work doesnt mean they are okay, i felt perfectly normal then the second i went to grapple i thought i was going to die, even after 12 hours of rest and perfect diet. I would try everything eventually my logic prevailed and i knew it must be the medication.
And cire that was something the led to me getting off the sleeping pills and pain medication etc, what kinda of man stays passed out through a fire, if my wife and family doesnt need them either do i. I would like to assume my roll as protector of the family and i think sleeping medication and the narcotics in them will only put your ability in jeopardy. All though the chance was unlikely like i stated above what about a natural disaster when you cant get to your medication then what, i would like to be able to put food in my families mouth, not be selfish. You guys will have nights with little sleep the rest of your life, but if you cant take it and need to poison your body its not going to solve the issue, only make it worse in the long run.
3/23/11 3:56 PM
Polaris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, I could probably use some though. I LOVE sleep, and rarely ever use to have a problem getting it.

Now insomnia isnt that uncommon for me, plus the weird hypnagogic dreams/nightmares I get that dont help.
3/23/11 4:06 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

Polaris - No, I could probably use some though. I LOVE sleep, and rarely ever use to have a problem getting it.

Now insomnia isnt that uncommon for me, plus the weird hypnagogic dreams/nightmares I get that dont help.

I get nightmares everytime i fall a sleep from quitting these mids , its terrible. You get used to it though i get 4 hrs of fucking sleep have a nightmare and wake up, but then after an hour of being up i thank god that horrible nightmare is not real , and they are so vivid it makes me thankful that my only problem is a little insomnia. Def not worth taking a narcotic, and anybody saying different has not come through the experience and out the other side and seem it from an objective whole
3/23/11 4:08 PM
Eh_J
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I took 20 mg of melatonin about 30 mins before I tried to go to sleep.

I don't know if the melatonin is responsible, but I must admit that I did fall asleep much easier.

That being said, I'm not really feeling that refreshed today.

I also can't recall any vivid dreams or any dreams at all.

I'll try again tonight.
3/23/11 4:28 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

Eh_J - I took 20 mg of melatonin about 30 mins before I tried to go to sleep.

I don't know if the melatonin is responsible, but I must admit that I did fall asleep much easier.

That being said, I'm not really feeling that refreshed today.

I also can't recall any vivid dreams or any dreams at all.

I'll try again tonight.

You might not have any im the opposite of these people i have vived dreams with natural sleep, and no dreams after melatonin, or other meds.
3/23/11 4:38 PM
Seamus619

I have been having trouble sleeping as well. What do you guys usually do to help relaxe or get you through the nights?
3/23/11 4:45 PM
Eh_J
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never, ever had an issue falling asleep.

It seems to be arising just in the last few weeks/months.

Broke up with my gf of a few years and it has been tough getting used to sleeping by myself I guess.
3/23/11 4:49 PM
Polaris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onnie804yamsaki - 
Polaris - No, I could probably use some though. I LOVE sleep, and rarely ever use to have a problem getting it.

I get nightmares everytime i fall a sleep from quitting these mids , its terrible. You get used to it though i get 4 hrs of fucking sleep have a nightmare and wake up, but then after an hour of being up i thank god that horrible nightmare is not real , and they are so vivid it makes me thankful that my only problem is a little insomnia. Def not worth taking a narcotic, and anybody saying different has not come through the experience and out the other side and seem it from an objective whole

Is that the same as me though? The "Hypnagogic" is a fancy term for crazy dreams that you have while being half awake.

You are in some strange place between awake and asleep and you get all kinds of weird things in your head. You think people are watching you, you think you are at work so you cant sleep-because you are at work!, you think some evil entity is in your room, you think someone is attempting to do shit to you through your computer (if you have one in your room), etc. etc. Ive had so much craziness swirl through my head during those episodes its crazy, and they happen in cycles. Supposedly my dad has had them, and I think my sister has had them as well (supposedly she use to talk in her sleep and stuff).
3/23/11 6:22 PM
Cire
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right now, I am working full time. I leave for work at 6am get home at 5pm. On Tues/Thurs, I am going back to college from 6pm-930pm, with a 45min drive to the school. On Monday/Wednesday I recently got accepted into the City Volunteer Fire Dept and have Academy classes from 6-10pm.

So basically, I don't get to sleep till 11pm or later on M-Th. I also have to study a great deal to kick ass in the classes. On top of this, I am forcing myself to get back into my killer college volleyball-shape before this summer at the ripe age of 35. I am waking up everyday at 3.45am to put in an hour or so on the bike. I did this routine twice before: once before our season started, & the other time 2 years ago. Both times I lost 30lbs in a month doing cardio on a fast and eating correct during the time.

Was it hard as hell the first few weeks, shit yes. I know it would not kill me or injure me, just discomfort. But, I have never slept better or felt more energized in my life...after my body got used to the routine.
3/23/11 6:28 PM
Eh_J

Cire - Right now, I am working full time. I leave for work at 6am get home at 5pm. On Tues/Thurs, I am going back to college from 6pm-930pm, with a 45min drive to the school. On Monday/Wednesday I recently got accepted into the City Volunteer Fire Dept and have Academy classes from 6-10pm.

So basically, I don't get to sleep till 11pm or later on M-Th. I also have to study a great deal to kick ass in the classes. On top of this, I am forcing myself to get back into my killer college volleyball-shape before this summer at the ripe age of 35. I am waking up everyday at 3.45am to put in an hour or so on the bike. I did this routine twice before: once before our season started, & the other time 2 years ago. Both times I lost 30lbs in a month doing cardio on a fast and eating correct during the time.

Was it hard as hell the first few weeks, shit yes. I know it would not kill me or injure me, just discomfort. But, I have never slept better or felt more energized in my life...after my body got used to the routine.
That's awesome bro...

Coincidentally, I'm also in the best shape of my life.  I've laid off the weights and am strictly training BJJ and doing a ton of cardio. 

I was 245 on January 1st.  My goal is to be able to make 209 lbs for the Grappler's Quest tournament here in Toronto in April 29.

I'm already at about 215.  Feeling good physically.  Just can't get a lick of sleep and it's starting to drive me batshit crazy.

3/23/11 6:32 PM
CoreNobody
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SwampRocker - melatonin

this
3/23/11 6:38 PM
Cire
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EH_J, try the morning cardio on an empty stomach or fast. Which is considered 8 hours without eating, so your body is burning fat not carbs. It is tough, but it will start clicking and you will have no problem waking up that extra hour & a half extra every day. I used the C/E/A stack the first time, so I kinda cheated there. But the other two times I used caffeine pills to wake up & now I don't even need them. Just don't take anything that has carbohydrates in it.
3/23/11 7:12 PM
Vulva Fabulous
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeesh Onnie804Yamaski, get off your fucking "holier than though, I'm better than you" high horse.  You start spouting about saying that this forum has the most druggies ever...well, if you don't like it, don't post on here.  Pretty simple.

3/23/11 7:20 PM
UGK4Life
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trazodone.. Been taking it for years.. Works much better than any other prescription Sleeping Pills and it's non narcotic and won't make you tired. I take 150 MGs a night but different amounts work for different people. It also relives anxiety (You said you were stressed) so makes you very relaxed and then your out like a light! I Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if someone already recommended this.
3/23/11 8:50 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

Daniel Carver -  lol @ saying trazadone has an affinity for opioid receptors.  REALLY?

Look it up dude, a certain chemical has an affinity for the opiate mu receptors im not saying its an opiate, but it does, when i quit opiates a trazadone would almost stop the withdrawal 100 percent because of that little piece of information
3/23/11 8:58 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

BaconWrappedCupcake - Onnie804yamsaki.... why don't you want people to sleep bro?

i Doo i want them to get natural sleep. this is coming straight from the mouth of someone with experience of, lack of sleep, taking the meds, and life after the meds when your receptors are fucked and your dealing with the problem you just made worse.

And to the person that asked about the long distance running, i become able to straight running as a hobby after being off the ambien for about 3 weeks and i started to take a turn for the better. For some reason my lungs just worked better i felt like it would shallow my respiratory system for working out when i would take it.

At first i started running a good two miles a day and it would push me so bad i wouldnt sleep at all, and thought i was making the problem worse, but once this started to create a schedule i figured out how much it fucking helps. I got up to serious 10 mile runs last summer in august when it was easily over a hundred every day, and ive never slept better in my life. Even when i would get 6 hrs it was a thousand times more reviving. Schedule as cire and a couple others said is defintly key, i would make sure i ran no closer than 4 hours before going to sleep because it would take me so long to cool down since i was already running hours a time at that point. Like i said i thought the running was bunk at first, just making it a thousand times worse, but about the time the running got easy for me, and i stopped getting so sore from just 2 or 3 miles was about the time my body went going to bed, keep in mind this is after extreme insomnia, then drugging myself with ambien just making the insomnia without a pill worse. So if schedule can work for me then, it can work for anyone without major help problems

Awesome post cire
3/23/11 9:02 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

Cire - EH_J, try the morning cardio on an empty stomach or fast. Which is considered 8 hours without eating, so your body is burning fat not carbs. It is tough, but it will start clicking and you will have no problem waking up that extra hour & a half extra every day. I used the C/E/A stack the first time, so I kinda cheated there. But the other two times I used caffeine pills to wake up & now I don't even need them. Just don't take anything that has carbohydrates in it.

All the advice i am giving is of course with no drugs, forgot to mention i do not take caffeine or anything, but i did use it in the sense you did to help alter my body not wanting to get up, so i could in turn create a schedule, also caffeine did its job a thousand times better when i would drink it now thats its completely out of my body. Its crazy i used to drink sodas, coffee complain about no sleep and wouldnt even feel the caffeine buzz, now i take three sips of a mountain dew and go crazy my body must be much cleaner.
3/23/11 9:05 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive been hooked on unisom for awhile.
3/23/11 9:11 PM
Vulva Fabulous
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly, anybody having any problems falling asleep should do the following.

Make sure you set a time that you are going to bed.
Get comfortable, turn off the lights.  No TV......silence.
Jerk Off
Go to sleep.

Thank me later
3/23/11 11:54 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

RyPuhnie - Ive been hooked on unisom for awhile.

I applaud your honesty, your already closer to being clean then all the people defending the meds, at least you arent lieing to yourself.
3/24/11 12:17 AM
Eh_J

melatonin night number 2 about to commence.
3/24/11 12:30 AM
Onnie804yamsaki

Eh_J - melatonin night number 2 about to commence.

Good luck man, still focus on your schedule and getting to sleep, ask yourself am i doing something to re gain sleep naturally, or am i just taking something to sleep now who cares about tomorrow if it gets worse?

And good job on the natural sleep aid , sounds like you headed advice and listened to the athlete on here, melatonin aint gonna hurt you and is all natural.
3/24/11 12:40 AM
Cire

Setting and writing your goals down will help you tremendously. I write on my bathroom mirror, with a dry erase: the date, stats, etc. It reminds me, or guilts me depending on the day, to exercise. I cannot work this hard for nothing. Tonight will be a 4 or less hour of sleep night, but it will also be a tough morning.

If I can work out on the toughest of mornings, I can work out on any morning. Your mind and body is way beyond your comprehension of your physical limits.

Get a calendar and just chart everything. You will not betray yourself if you see the times/distances.
3/24/11 1:38 AM
Onnie804yamsaki

Cire - Setting and writing your goals down will help you tremendously. I write on my bathroom mirror, with a dry erase: the date, stats, etc. It reminds me, or guilts me depending on the day, to exercise. I cannot work this hard for nothing. Tonight will be a 4 or less hour of sleep night, but it will also be a tough morning.

If I can work out on the toughest of mornings, I can work out on any morning. Your mind and body is way beyond your comprehension of your physical limits.

Get a calendar and just chart everything. You will not betray yourself if you see the times/distances.

This, in this book im reading about sparta and alexander the great it was nothing to be up for 3 days working non stop till they got to relax, i blame the media and infomercials, everyone wants a quick solution, if you feel slightly tired you better not work out etc etc.

People do not understand how strong and ressilient the human body is, just cause you feel tired doesnt mean if you had to your body couldnt stay up for another 3 days busting ass. I like how you say if i can work out on the toughest morning i can work out whatever, i do that to help with fighitng. If i can do well with 4 hours of sleep then i can train any time and there is no excuse.

Most of these people are just looking for an excuse to get beauty rest, chances are they could fucking go run long distance while they are "exhausted". I also write everything down in a journal and it helps tremendously

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.