UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cro Cop: I have no hunger, desire, or ambition

3/23/11 10:51 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I feel like somebody stole something from me. I am disappointed by the result, but congratulations to Schaub and thanks to my fans for their support.

"It's clear that in this sport without hunger, desire, and ambition to win there is no success, and its also clear that there is no more left of those in me.

"He surprised me with that strike, everything was same like against Frank Mir. It seemed to me like I was better. What am I saying? If I was better, I would have won!"

Read entire article.. (Original Croatian)
Read entire article...

CVrocop when his hunger, desire, and ambition were at their peak:

3/23/11 10:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
disbeliever
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is sad to read as a fan of both him and MMA.

I hope he can find something to make him happy
3/23/11 10:57 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank You for all the great fights and HL's, Mirko!
3/23/11 10:57 AM
fiercedragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whether on top or spiraling down, people just lose their ambition...glad to see him fight...
3/23/11 10:59 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it seems like he says this after every fight
3/23/11 11:00 AM
disbeliever
466 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle - :( still think he has a few good fights in him Phone Post

he has shown to be able to be KO'd very easily now. With no ambition or drive, and the easy KO's he could risk being very injured. No more fights imo
3/23/11 11:01 AM
Neil Funk

it's not you Mirko, it's your brain. You're still what you were but if you can't take shots to the head anymore, what can you do?

You can only control what you can, athletes' bodies let them down everyday. You will always be remembered by me as a true warrior and legend, much respect going forward
3/23/11 11:03 AM
BigWilliam
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can see it in his eyes in his UFC fights. He doesn't want to be there. It's good to see that he is finally seeing that as well. He had a great career, but the last few years the guy in the cage was just not the same fighter.
3/23/11 11:05 AM
Billyz
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was part of what was this sports greatest heavyweight rivalry in pride and gave us many thrills.
I wish him the best
3/23/11 11:24 AM
croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope uncle Dana gives him a nice fat cheque as a parting gift. I would like to see him open a nice training centre and pass down some knowledge. He doesn't need to fight anymore, the guy has nothing left to prove to anybody. Phone Post
3/23/11 11:45 AM
Dragon X

Big difference is Wandy was smaller than him. He gets in the UFC and he's the small guy.
3/23/11 11:47 AM
Badlands Meanie

Always a fan! If he gets into a fight when he's 90 in a retirement home, I'll pay to watch that shit!
irishrottie
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he lost his athleticism a long long time ago.
Jeepster
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the memories, enjoy retirement as a fighter
ProfChaos
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish the Cro Cop in the video was there on Saturday. Would have been awesome to see him put on a show one last time.
3/23/11 11:49 AM
Blackbeard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cro Cop is the man. Could be one of the best Ambassadors the sport has for helping grow in other countries. I'm pretty sure he is one smart dude. I loved watching him fight but I agree with others, I think it's time to hang it up.
disbeliever

I had him slowly winning his fight Sat, then boom, another ko
Sagiv Lapkin
2204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad, and self-evident.
3/23/11 11:50 AM
irishrottie
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also he was overhyped after the gp, he was even past his prime there. he only beat one HW to win the thing and barnett was coming off a war with nogueira.

his prime was up until fedor fight simple as.
3/23/11 11:55 AM

One of Silva's best moments in MMA.

Dude is clearly losing the fight. He tells the doctor to give him one more minute so he can try and win the fight. He tells the guy to give him one more chance.

Goes out on his shield, and in doing so, gives CC a highlight reel KO, not to mention allowing CC to get even more momentum in the tournament.

So, he's given himself one more chance to win, he's given the fans an exciting fight, he's given CC another KO win, AND allowed CC to gain more momentum and confidence.

Everyone wins, even Silva.
3/23/11 11:56 AM
JeremyLambert88
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish Mirko the best. If he has no fire left though, he should retire.
3/23/11 12:03 PM

I'd like to see CC fight Arlovski, and I think it would play out like all of AA's recent fights:

AA looks incredible for about 2 or 3 minutes, and then he gets KO'd.

I don't want either of the two of them getting concussed again, especially not AA. That guy is already somewhat suicidal.
3/23/11 12:10 PM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - I had him slowly winning his fight Sat, then boom, another ko

i had him winning too...well up until the KO.
3/23/11 12:15 PM
grafzep
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool guy who has realized it is time to move on. He was doing very well I thought and I agree with Dana that his last perfomance was a testament to what a stud he was in his prime.
3/23/11 12:19 PM
sawdusk
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love mirko, but I also wish he would just gracefully exit... before every fight lately it's been about him getting his fire back and then after every fight, it's about him not having the fire any more...

he aged and the sport revolved over him... helluva career and an amazing fighter but I wish he would call it quits...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.