UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> After Jesus, before Paul...

4/11/11 3:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
toelocku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we all belong toa sect by def. I listen to what brothers say then go to my bible and if its true then i keep it(foolishness of preaching is the design), and if not I '*burn* it.

I listen to the elect ...Paul,Luke, Peter, James etc etc...not FOOLISH TRADITIONS OF MEN, popes or 'learned men'. if you do God judge you according to your works...

i've no obligation to answer heretics question per the bible but for those who want to understand contextual criticism go here

www.bibleresearcher.com under the new test.
4/11/11 8:08 PM
reverend john
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grakman -  rev, do you believe in the real presence in the Eucharist?

Yes, but what that means and how that happens, and exists is a mystery. Christ dwells within and among us as we partake of the Lords Table. I would not be able to sign off on transubstantiation, I think that takes the mystery out of it.

rev
4/11/11 8:11 PM
reverend john
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

toelocku - we all belong toa sect by def. I listen to what brothers say then go to my bible and if its true then i keep it(foolishness of preaching is the design), and if not I '*burn* it.

I listen to the elect ...Paul,Luke, Peter, James etc etc...not FOOLISH TRADITIONS OF MEN, popes or 'learned men'. if you do God judge you according to your works...

i've no obligation to answer heretics question per the bible but for those who want to understand contextual criticism go here

you have the nerve to call others heretics, and then say you won't answer their questions? you are the epitome of a pharisee

rev
4/12/11 12:12 PM
toelocku

Tts 3:10 A sectarian man, after a first and second admonition be rejecting,

Mat 7:6 `Ye may not give that which is [holy] to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before the swine, that they may not trample them among their feet, and having turned -- may rend you.
4/12/11 1:08 PM
gord96
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/11 1:11 PM
toelocku

sticks n stones...

i notice your lack of verses God help you with that...
4/12/11 7:52 PM
reverend john

why, you just reinterpret them to mean whatever you say they mean. That is the problem with scribes and pharisees, they take God's word, take away God's people and make it say what glorifies themselves.

rev
4/13/11 10:33 AM
toelocku

Mat 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus ended these words, the multitudes were astonished at his teaching,

Mat 7:29 for he was teaching them as having authority, and not as the scribes.

1Jo 4:6 we -- of God we are; he who is knowing God doth hear us; he who is not of God, doth not hear us; from this we know the spirit of the truth, and the spirit of the error.
4/13/11 12:40 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

toelocku - we all belong toa sect by def. I listen to what brothers say then go to my bible and if its true then i keep it(foolishness of preaching is the design), and if not I '*burn* it.

so your a big reader of Enoch then?
4/13/11 9:11 PM
reverend john

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed [it], and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Mar 14:22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake [it], and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

rev
4/14/11 10:49 AM
Grakman

^ rev, did you quote those from memory?

4/14/11 11:16 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow. a perfectly interesting topic for a thread turns into an argument, lol.

i think in EVERY denomination there are added rituals and rules that sometimes hinder a freedom we could otherwise experience in a relationship with Jesus. there is no perfect "sect". if there were, it too would become tainted with time.

the real idea is to have a real relationship with God himself through much prayer, and letting him lead you in obedience. there are levels we can attain if we succumb to his will little by little, or much by much. WE decide how close we get to God.

but, of course, where man is concerned, there will always be problems in our religion. even peter and paul fought over some things, and in acts i believe there is more than one account of brothers splitting over differences.
4/14/11 11:22 PM
Grakman

DyingBreed - wow. a perfectly interesting topic for a thread turns into an argument, lol.

i think in EVERY denomination there are added rituals and rules that sometimes hinder a freedom we could otherwise experience in a relationship with Jesus. there is no perfect "sect". if there were, it too would become tainted with time.

the real idea is to have a real relationship with God himself through much prayer, and letting him lead you in obedience. there are levels we can attain if we succumb to his will little by little, or much by much. WE decide how close we get to God.

but, of course, where man is concerned, there will always be problems in our religion. even peter and paul fought over some things, and in acts i believe there is more than one account of brothers splitting over differences.
I agree Breed, good post.  The problem is that man is prone to sin and everything we touch is tainted; that's one of the underlying reasons why I believe God took it out of our hands and saves us all through Christ. But even that belief can be construed as sectarian I suppose. lol
4/15/11 1:26 AM
reverend john

Grakman - 

^ rev, did you quote those from memory?

I know the scriptures very well, but not always their addresses. So I knew them, word for word, but not their scripture numbers

rev
4/15/11 10:30 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knowing them is all that matters aint it rev. just like i can tell people if something they say is or isnt "in the bible". a lot of people try to say an opinion, then say "and THATS in the bible" ...and i always have to say "no it isnt" haha, cant help it.

just like a college student doesnt have to know what page the answer is on in his text book, he just has to know the answer

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.