UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> The metagame was my friend

3/24/11 5:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unbelievably, a guy laid down pocket kings on an uncoordinated 8 high flop today. He was convinced I had flopped a set because of a couple
Of previous hands in which I laid down crap but told him i had laid down a much bigger hand. The guy next to me started teasing me saying that the guy had my number. I replied, "yeah, I better have the nuts against him next time."

Then the kings hand happened. I raised from early position with 99. He reraised 3x my raise. I hesitated and decided to see a flop because I thought he might be feeling like he can win against me with anything. The flop was 8 high. He bet half the pot and I shoved which was a bit more than what was in the pot. I obviously didn't know he had a monster like kings, but his cbet seemed tentative and I wasn't going to fold with an overpair there. another great read!! Lol

He asked me if i wanted him to call. I told him "no, I'm happy to take it down as it is. Big enough pot. "

Then he folded the kings face up. I was shocked.
3/25/11 1:31 AM
andre
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By the way, I take no credit for his fold. It was a horrible read on my part and he misinterpreted my shove as representing a monster.
3/26/11 3:17 AM
wreckker
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bad play on his part ..

most people flat call with set in your spot

shove is usually a hand KK beats  99-QQ or its aa.

im sick of propping online!  I miss LA cash games! plus the food, the hookers, DAM
3/26/11 4:59 AM
andre

Wreckker,

I just bought a new car today. You have no idea what youre missing. Or maybe you remember good games, but these are GREAT games.
3/26/11 1:02 PM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you had stated you laid down bigger hands before, I might think that you were on tilt in this spot, and more likely to get it all in with top pair, or a small overpair or even an underpair.

This guy is a level 2 thinker that had a major misread.  What do I have?  I have pocket Kings with an 8 high flop weeeeeeeeeee!  Oh no, he re-raises, he must have set, must fold!
3/26/11 1:17 PM
andre

Lol. The whole table gave him crap for it. He was a nice guy even after they started really letting loose with the criticism. I told him, "you know what, had I turned over a set, you would have looked like a hero. You couldn't know I didn't have one."

But then I made a mental note to only showdown a strong hand with him next time.
3/26/11 1:20 PM
andre

wreckker -  bad play on his part ..

most people flat call with set in your spot

shove is usually a hand KK beats  99-QQ or its aa.

im sick of propping online!  I miss LA cash games! plus the food, the hookers, DAM

Exactly, I'd have to put him on aces or kings there to shove for value if I had a set.
3/27/11 11:14 PM
wreckker
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - Wreckker,

I just bought a new car today. You have no idea what youre missing. Or maybe you remember good games, but these are GREAT games.

I get reports every week from my friend who even last year WAS BAD at NL now he is just decent and plays a basic TAG game mostly and is doing well in 5-10 and occasional 10-20.

Online site where I work games are so bad that there are literally world class plo8 players playing 1-2 and 2-4...it just sucks.

Im limited to AP anmd BOdog living in WA too= more suck.

I may start taking sort trips to LA and houstin again just grind in live cash again fatre the series

3/28/11 12:49 AM
andre

Wreckker, if you do take those trips, please let me know.
3/28/11 2:19 AM
wreckker

will do^^^
3/28/11 6:42 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jesus, you guys might have me flying down from Vancouver
3/28/11 11:37 AM
andre

PR, do it!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.