UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Classical Drumming?

3/24/11 7:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crobrun
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWki-Jac8H0&feature=player_embedded

Not sure what I think.
3/24/11 8:08 PM
jman
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm feel the same way, not sure what I think either. Great drummer, I liked it best when he was playing beats and accents with the music as opposed to playing the melodies on the drums.
4/20/11 4:26 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw something like this in the late 80s with one of the dudes from ELO (I think) conducting my local symphony orchestra. I remember thinking at the time that it didn't rock, it didn't retain the beauty of the original classical material, & it wasn't its own thing either, so I considered it a failed experiment.

Then again, I saw Bill Hicks not long after, & didn't "get" him either, so maybe it was me.

Also, I got nowhere with the hotass Argentine that went with me; probably a factor.
5/5/11 10:21 PM
bekk46

doesnt really fit.
the volume is way too loud and the style just doesnt go.
the best part was when he was just snare drumming, it fit the best.
5/6/11 7:58 AM
crobrun
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Re-watching it, I like the stone faced orchestra musicians looking on while he makes all these geek faces.
5/28/11 12:13 AM
sreiter

carl palmer both solo and with ELP plays shit loads of classical, such as pictures at a exposition, firebird suite, etc

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.