UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> So are the end of the season awards locked...?

3/26/11 2:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Destroyer88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't remember the last season where all of the awards seemed to be locked up this early. These are just my picks but feel free to add yours...

Most Improved Player: Kevin Love
6th Man: Lamar Odom
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau (would love to see Popovich win it though)
Rookie of the Year: Blake Griffin
Defensive Player of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
MVP: Derrick Rose

All-NBA 1st Team:

C - Dwight Howard
F - Kevin Durant
F - Lebron James
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Derrick Rose

All Defensive 1st Team:

C - Dwight Howard
F - Tim Duncan
F - Luol Deng(won't get it but he should)
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Derrick Rose
3/26/11 3:58 AM
EKPOGI
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/26/11 3:59 AM
The Destroyer88 -  Can't remember the last season where all of the awards seemed to be locked up this early. These are just my picks but feel free to add yours...

Most Improved Player: Kevin Love
6th Man: Lamar Odom
Coach of the Year: Tom Thibodeau (would love to see Popovich win it though)
Rookie of the Year: Blake Griffin
Defensive Player of the Year: Tom Thibodeau
MVP: Derrick Rose

All-NBA 1st Team:

C - Dwight Howard
F - Kevin Durant
F - Lebron James
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Derrick Rose

All Defensive 1st Team:

C - Dwight Howard
F - Tim Duncan
F - Luol Deng(won't get it but he should)
G - Kobe Bryant
G - Derrick Rose

definitely do not agree with defensive player of the year.Tom is a great defensive coach but is fat as hell to personally shut anyone down.should go to Dwight Howard or Andre Igoudola imo.

also Andre Igoudola and Rajon Rondo should be the backcourt for the defensive team.
3/26/11 4:02 AM
The Destroyer88

Think they need to add the biggest fail award though. Has to be between

LeBron taking his talents to South Beach and having a rocky first season

Being in the playoff picture, letting your HoF head coach walk because of an altercation with Deron Williams, and then trading Deron Williams weeks later

Getting Amare, Melo, and Billups and still being a below .500 team in the Eastern conference

My vote goes for the NY Knicks blunder
3/27/11 1:39 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rose never get any mentions for most improved. the guy went from not even being in most people's top 5 pg list in the beginning of the season to MVP. Love's team is like 0-82, Aldridge is good i like him, gordon is ok, but hurt all the time... i'd pick aldidge to win most improved, but think rose deserves a mention.
3/28/11 8:34 PM
fna

alxholic - Rose never get any mentions for most improved. the guy went from not even being in most people's top 5 pg list in the beginning of the season to MVP. Love's team is like 0-82, Aldridge is good i like him, gordon is ok, but hurt all the time... i'd pick aldidge to win most improved, but think rose deserves a mention.

With you for aldridge on MIP.....would be weird to see a guy get MVP and MIP in the same season, has that ever happened before
3/29/11 12:46 AM
CRBMoney14

Odom has started 34 games, shouldnt be in contention for 6th man
3/29/11 1:38 AM
The Destroyer88

Monsters Ball - 
alxholic - Rose never get any mentions for most improved. the guy went from not even being in most people's top 5 pg list in the beginning of the season to MVP. Love's team is like 0-82, Aldridge is good i like him, gordon is ok, but hurt all the time... i'd pick aldidge to win most improved, but think rose deserves a mention.

Rose ppg is up but his FG% is down. I think he gets too much credit for the changes his coach put into place and the addition of Boozer.

I agree Rose does get far too much credit for what Thibs has done to the team and for what all of the key players have done this season. Can't give too much credit to Boozer either considering he's missed 24 games, gets outplayed on defense by everybody on the team, and has pretty much clashed heads with Thibs all season long. So still, missing Boozer for 24 games and Noah for 32 games and being in second place in the NBA....either Thibs is the greatest rookie head coach to ever exist or Rose has something to do with their success. Or maybe a little bit of both. ;)
3/29/11 2:01 AM
EKPOGI
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRBMoney14 - Odom has started 34 games, shouldnt be in contention for 6th man

I can see that,but isn't part of being a perfect 6thman is being available when the starter is out due to injury or suspension?thus being the 6th man of the team.
3/29/11 2:10 AM
The Destroyer88

EKPOGI - 
CRBMoney14 - Odom has started 34 games, shouldnt be in contention for 6th man

I can see that,but isn't part of being a perfect 6thman is being available when the starter is out due to injury or suspension?thus being the 6th man of the team.

I think as long as you spend half of the season coming off the bench you are still qualified for the award.

http://losangeles.sbnation.com/2011/3/15/2051582/lamar-odom-nba-lakers-2011-sixth-man-of-the-year-award-jason-terry-jamal-crawford-james-harden

"To qualify for the Sixth Man Award, a player must come off the bench in more games than he starts. Lamar has started 32 times and come off the bench 36 times, so unless an injury forces him back into the starting lineup, he'll meet the basic eligibility requirement. And by virtually any measure, his performance has blown away the rest of the field."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.