UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Rashad Evans Fan Thread

3/31/11 10:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DVDragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrockbackMountain - 
Rashad also has elite wrestling and one shot KO punch and kick power.

True, but he seems to be too hesitant to engage a lot of the time. The wrestling aspect of this match is intriguing...
4/6/11 2:25 PM
duckhuntgangsta
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Rashad is f-ing cool. His interview with Karyn Bryan and his family was classic. I like Jones, but I would LOVE to see Rashad humble him. Besides, Jones can't touch Rashad when it comes to apparel. I have Rashad taking this fight via badass windsor knot. Phone Post
4/6/11 8:25 PM
duckhuntgangsta
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
4/6/11 8:49 PM
croy_00
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have mixed feelings regarding Rashad. He sometimes comes off as a bit of a douche but then watching him train with GSP he seems like a stand up guy. Maybe he's just misunderstood. Phone Post
4/7/11 12:41 AM
duckhuntgangsta

Dude Rashad is the shit. There is not a cooler dude in MMA Chuck was cool but nowhere near the level that Rashad is at. And it's not a "trying to be cool" he really is a good guy. His interview with Karyn Bryant is a perfect example. I don't know why he gets flack from people on here. We would be lucky to have him as champion again. Phone Post
4/7/11 12:45 AM
AnthonyBrancato
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meeting Rashad and his family has literally changed my life, on so many levels.

Rashad is the man!
4/7/11 12:54 AM
duckhuntgangsta

^^^ ??? ¿¿Care to share a bit?? Did you train with Rashad? This is the place to share positive stories about Suga. Phone Post
4/7/11 1:15 AM
ds1970
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Rashad fan. Phone Post
4/7/11 1:28 AM
truevalon
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win or lose I am a Rashad fan, definatly seems like one of the coolest guys in mma, and a great ambassador.

The interview with ESPN where they get his mother on the phone after he impersonates her is a classic too.
4/7/11 2:47 AM
Marzz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite lhw after Shogun.
4/7/11 2:52 AM
nubp
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad is cool, dunno why he gets as much hate as he does
4/7/11 5:16 AM
AnthonyBrancato
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you looked at those "pie charts" on the UFC web site, you may gain some insight as to why REDS - Rashad Evans Derangement Syndrome - is so pervasive:

Rashad Evans: Takedowns = 76%   Striking = 24%

Anderson Silva: Striking = 73%   Submissions = 20%   Takedowns = 7%

Not that this bothers me, but I'm way outside the targeted age demographic so to speak.
4/7/11 8:30 AM
duckhuntgangsta

^^ I agree. Rashad is awesome. Phone Post
4/11/11 3:08 PM
duckhuntgangsta

King Mo speaks the truth! War Rashad! Phone Post
4/11/11 3:13 PM
truevalon
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So...if Rashad loses to JJ, anyone supporting the idea of him dropping to 185 and taking on Anderson Silva? Rashad is really one of the smaller at 205 and could probably make the cut with ease.
4/11/11 3:20 PM
duckhuntgangsta

I support it when he wins. He will take the belt and say "Jon you can have your stupid belt" I'm out. Then he will take Anderson's belt and be the first two belt LHW/MW campion. Epicness will ensue. Phone Post
4/11/11 3:23 PM
Nalaan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fighter and cool dude, never got the hate.
Especially all the Diaz fans who praise Diaz for being 'the man' and shit on Rashda for 'his antics' in the same breath.
4/11/11 4:54 PM
Domingo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though I'll be pulling for Jones against him (I just like to watch Jones fight - shoot me), I'm still an Evans fan and have been for a while.
Win/Lose/Draw, I still like Evans and appreciate how quick he is. He covers distance like a LW.
4/11/11 11:39 PM
duckhuntgangsta

^^ trollo for your next birthday I'm buying you a spell checker. Then all you'll need is a brain and a penis and you'll be a real boy! Phone Post
4/12/11 12:07 AM
MontyG
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/11 12:31 AM
justinthevikingwren
964 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - Rashard is an amazing fighter and a great ambassador of the sport. He is dresses better than everyone in the room, is intelligent, and represents himself as humble while carrying a stylish swagger. I for one cannot wait to see the teacher take his title back from the student.

God Speed Sugar Rashad.

DHG

Well said about Rashad, he is a GREAT guy and person and training partner and was INCREDIBLY good to us who was on his team on TUF 10. 

That being said I am also a huge fan of BOTH of these guys and Jon Jones is an AMAZING dude as well. If your not a fan of both of these guys then there is something your not seeing. 
4/12/11 4:28 AM
duckhuntgangsta

@justinthevikingESTwren - I completely agree. I'm a huge fan of Jones and his fighting style, but I'm a bigger fan of Rashad. I was at UFC 88 when he knocked out Chuck cold and was instantly a fan. Over the years I grew to appreciate his attitude in general. He just seems real. If I could hang out with one person frok the UFC it would probably be Rashad or Alves. I don't get the Rashad hate either, I think it might be in part because people love Rampage (also a fan) so much the wanted to see him win and consequently found reasons to dislike Rashad. I think the same thing is happening with the Jones fight on both sides. I for one can't wait for this fight regardless of outcome. I'll be the first to say that if Rashad can control Jones on the ground and beat him up for five rounds I'll be thrilled. Most are writing of Rashad so anyway he wins would be exciting to me. P. S. When is your next fight? Phone Post
4/12/11 6:40 AM
PassnSmash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greatest Knockout EVA!
4/12/11 7:16 AM
duckhuntgangsta

Thanks for posting that GIF! awesome. Phone Post
4/12/11 7:29 AM
BrockbackMountain
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.