UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> ISKA Amateur US Light Welterweight Muay Thai Title

3/29/11 8:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Khun Kao
1339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

March 26, 2011 in St. Petersburg, FL.

Fighting out of the Red Corner is Vivek Nakarmi, fighting out of Falls Church, VA. In the Blue Corner is Eric Parker, fighting out of Tampa, FL. This was a "modified rules" Muay Thai bout. No elbows were permitted, and knee strikes to the head were not permitted either. The promoter was Amir Ardebily, who owns the Amir Academy.

There were a total of 19 bouts on the card, 4 of them were title bouts. There was a Jr. Division title, a Florida state title, a US title, and a Word title at stake that evening.
3/29/11 8:48 AM
Khun Kao
1339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ROUND 1:

3/29/11 8:49 AM
Khun Kao

ROUND 2:

3/29/11 8:57 AM
Khun Kao

ROUND 3:

3/29/11 9:13 AM
Khun Kao

ROUND 4:

3/29/11 9:14 AM
Khun Kao

ROUND 5:

3/29/11 9:14 AM
Khun Kao

THE DECISION:

3/29/11 9:15 AM
Khun Kao

ENTIRE FIGHT, DIFFERENT ANGLE:

3/29/11 9:19 AM
Tidbits
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone call the police, there was an assault followed by a robbery
3/29/11 11:52 AM
erichaycraft
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing I have noticed is in the regional pockets where there is not much Muay Thai but a strong history of US karate/kickboxing the judges give WAY much credit to spin moves. I have heard the judges say that fighters need to be rewarded for using these techniques since they are dieing out....this was at the IKF Worlds in Orlando. I was not at this event but I will say I would not be surprised if this was not that very scenario.

Did anyone from the event even address the subject of the result?
3/29/11 12:58 PM
Khun Kao

@erichaycraft

Apart from Vivek's opponent telling us that he did not feel it was a "strong" win, no. We really had the sense that Eric was doing his best to "save face". You could see it in his face and body language that he was a beaten man that evening.

We have decided that we will not lodge any formal complaint with the promoter or the ISKA. Past experience regarding the lodging of complaints with promoters and/or sanctioning organizations has the same results as teaching a pig to sing.

We have simply decided that we will never fight in an amateur event for that promoter or the ISKA again. I mean, seriously... as long as we're getting fucked we may as well get paid for it.
3/29/11 2:16 PM
erichaycraft
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish it was as easy as picking one organization to avoid. The problem lies in the fact that while us coaches are busting our asses to learn our craft and our fighters are busting their asses to learn their craft no one is bringing along officials and with states taking more and more control of providing officials and officials training their is next to no requirement who can be a judge in most states. Each organization has some excellent officials. What if those officials were used by all the organizations and they were also used to help bring along a new generation of officials that we as coaches build in our gyms? Problem is each organization has placed themselves as separate from the others and the sport really.
3/29/11 2:20 PM
Khun Kao

@erichacraft... its the everyday battle we fight. I am pleased with the organization I work with to sanction my events when I promote. They have a pretty effective training program in place for both MMA and Muay Thai, but even so our officials are inexperienced and make mistakes. The hard part is that MMA is so much more popular than Muay Thai that there are very few Muay Thai fights promoted by the organization, so when one rolls around the officials are out-of-practice.
3/29/11 4:35 PM
erichaycraft

I think it is up to the real coaches to not only bring up fighters but officials. We have been working on a system to bring folks along as judges and refs. So far I am more than happy with our results.
3/30/11 8:23 AM
IronMonkey

You guys got robbed. I have the same problem but with WMC here in Aus.
3/31/11 11:00 PM
Normal MT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I did not see that one coming. Blue didnt have any clinch skills, his kickboxing wasn't as good as he thought it was, and just as a side note I love it when a guy gets a sloppy kick to the knutts and some dolt tells him to walk it off.
4/1/11 6:35 PM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well in NYS we have a real shit bag organization and we're told by the athletic commission it is the ONLY one that can do a show in the entire state... so it could be worse

"do knees score"?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.