UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Thiago Silva Statement

3/30/11 12:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cyberc92 - However, the fact remains that he still cheated so lets not all go sing his praises.
This right here.  It is great he came out and gave an explanation, but the only reason he is saying anything is because he got caught.  Why didnt he make this statement when it was made public that his urinalysis was being re-examined?  Probably because he wasnt sure exacly what his urine sample would test for.  

I have to laugh that people chastise fighters who they "think" have cheated, but give props to a guy who got caught cheating.  I like Thiago as a fighter, but giving him respect for this statement is laughable. 

I dont know how any of you can assume that is an honest statement.  He cheated, tried to cover it up and then got caught.  I personally have to assume that his story is a bunch of bs and that he was not injured, but juicing his ass off.   Not that he used a pain killer due to a previous injury. 
3/30/11 12:31 PM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine
to be honest i was expecting it to be related to his back; silva's back is pretty fucked

for those saying "steroids not back treatment" - many people, fighters and athletes esp, use steroids for healing and injury treatment rather than 'getting ripped'. Steroids and a back injury aren't mutually exclusive.

not saying he did use steds, obviously he's not saying he did, but he did look massive so people are naturally gonna speculate in that direction.
3/30/11 12:31 PM
carcaju
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definite respect for owning up to it. I will remain a fan and support you on your return.
3/30/11 12:32 PM
vruntson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There seems to be alot of admiration for Silva's frank statement. If his statement is an honest recollection of the facts, thanks Thiago....

However, isn't it an opportunstic tactic to create a reason for the masking, blaming it on a recurrent back injury? The public will definitely be more empathetic.

Look at Silva's performance against Rashad...slow and listless, then compare to his effort against Vera, energetic and emphatic.

IMO, ATT strikes again. Their publicists have adapted to yet another positive test result have shown great improvement in concocting believable BS excuses.
3/30/11 12:33 PM
JoshSanchez
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props for stepping up and owning it. Phone Post
3/30/11 12:34 PM
CauliflowerCouture

Restecpa
3/30/11 12:35 PM
andrewwarner

Far too much respect for a cheater. Let's not forget he used roid strength to drum another fighters butt while delivering a beating. Phone Post
3/30/11 12:36 PM
Heddy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/11 1:02 PM

3/30/11 12:36 PM
MarkRobinson
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh. I'm definitely not as impressed as some of you guys.

Meanwhile, we hate on fighters that say they had injuries going into a fight when they lose. Atleast they don't get caught blatantly cheating. He also put another fighters career and health in jeopardy.

Its cool he admit it I guess. I might be onboard with you guys if he said it before he was caught red fuckin handed.

Im not a fan of him or barnett and I probably never will be.
3/30/11 12:37 PM
MarkRobinson
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andrewwarner -  Far too much respect for a cheater. Let's not forget he used roid strength to drum another fighters butt while delivering a beating. Phone Post

3/30/11 12:38 PM
Idsmashit

He is my 2nd favorite fighter but i don't get all this praise he didnt come clean until now and everyone praises him for accepting it like a man.
3/30/11 12:40 PM
JayKay

Takes a real man to do this. Respect. Phone Post
3/30/11 12:43 PM
MarkRobinson

No Jaykay. It takes a real man not to cheat. coming clean after being caught red handed is manly now?

Lol.
3/30/11 12:43 PM
GroundStPound

Dana has got to make a statement sooner or later by cutting some of these cheaters.

I feel this issue is a lot different to a track athelete or baseball player roiding.

Taking illegal substances to physically hurt someone should not be tolerated. Vera recieved a badly broken nose at the hands of this cheater, I'm sure if he wanted to sue he could.

I used to be a fan of Thiago, but since the disrespectful pointing over KTFO'd Jardine, the bongo drums on Veras back and this latest fuck up I will be glad if I never see this cheating thug back in the UFC.
3/30/11 12:46 PM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This confession will probably lead to a worse punishment than if he had kept denying it, same as Franca and Karo got punished worse than Sonnen and Sherk. He had nothing to gain from confessing but did it out of personal honesty, that is admirable imo

That said, I do think Brandon should be given a free punch on Thiago's nose to square things up
3/30/11 12:50 PM
A Dingo Ate My Creepy

Edited: 03/30/11 12:51 PM
vruntson - Was it for covering up treatment for a back injury or...???

I'd usually have the same reaction but if the guy has pissed clean 4-5 times already, I'll take his word for it.  If say Barnett gets popped again and goes with the "I had a back injury" line I don't think I'd buy that one.

3/30/11 12:55 PM
youhavetocallmenighthawk
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice damage control on his part

But he cheated, tried to get away with it, and got busted. plain and simple, i don't understand how he is gaining fans and getting "mad respect bro" 

Bixby

See, I told you that he's a piece of shit.
croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a little disappointed for what he did but that takes some serious balls to come out and say this.

I kind of feel bad if this is true as he is going to be punished and didn't even take any PED's just something to help with a back injury.
3/30/11 12:59 PM
Chomas
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at least he was semi-honest

who knows if he was taking roids as well though
3/30/11 12:59 PM
PJ Benn Fan
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its nice to see an athlete actually admitting his usage.

I agree that will not garner him any leeway with the commission but it should at least gain SOME respect from the fans.
3/30/11 1:02 PM
DevilsAdvocate
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm so sick of reading about this shit. I don't give a fuck about roids or anything else. I am a fan of fights. Silva is a fighter. If science has provided a tool for him to train and perform to the best of his ability, more power to him. We need to get over this idea of people being unadulterated and pure. We are not far from hybrid people and cyborg chimps fighting robots on TV. I will bet my soul that Brandon Vera is on juice of some kind too. Get over yourselves and stop acting like this somehow harms you personally. Also the argument for protecting the other fighter is bunk. Both combatants enter into a contest well aware of the possible consequences. It's all in the game. Go bitch about bullets being too dangerous because so many soldiers die everyday.

Blue is about to expire, so here is a picture, bitch.

3/30/11 1:03 PM
jjj2121

Edokaz248 - lol what a bunch of ass kissers

remember how much shit Karo and Chael got in?

he lies tot he fans and denies taking steroids then he waits and waits till the shit hits the water then tells the truth and gets respect.

No excuses? he said it was because of his back. sounds like an excuse to me and since he lied before dont you think he would lie again?

this is no different then a killer denieing it was him who killed someone then when the evidence points towards him clearly he. then he admits it.

double standards

Neither Karo nor Chael owned up to their mistakes, they lied and made excuses.
3/30/11 1:04 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should be suspended one year and cut by the UFC.

3/30/11 1:07 PM
DevilsAdvocate
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smth416 - 

He should be suspended one year and cut by the UFC.

I think your Tab button is jammed or some shit. Better get that looked at.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.