UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> BJJer takes 1st wrestling class

3/30/11 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UNIFIEDTEAM1
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...at 35!!!!!

Yes I know I'm over the hill and all, but I wanna say DAMN that was fun!!!!

I wish I could have done sports of some kind growing up, as I would have loved to wrestle.
3/31/11 10:14 PM
ironoak
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yay! Phone Post
4/13/11 11:07 AM
wrestlerguy04
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool. How's it going? Where are you taking classes??
5/1/11 5:08 PM
akebh

No shit! Im 35 and i juist took a wrestling class today. Im a 3 stripe blue belt with Team Balance Komar JJ. but i am taking wrestling classes every other sunday with Shore Academy Wrestling in Point Pleasant NJ. Tough class. Great instructors. Its also Shore Academy BJJ under Bill Scott...Team Pablo Popovitch of NJ
6/30/11 11:57 AM
billygamble
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah im 34 and just took my 2nd wrestling class last night. In sparring I would flip to my back to fast and they would pin. Gotta figure out a way to switch gears in my mind for wrestling.
6/30/11 7:37 PM
ChipW
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wrestle w/ my sons coaches one of which is a current collegiate wrestler. I started bjj at 40 and wrestling at 41. Once a week is all I can handle of the wrestling but it's done wonders for my stand up grappling and my top game. Phone Post
7/1/11 1:41 PM
Martyspike

Well done guys - wrestling is an amazing sport and i wish i had have had the oppurtunity to do it when i was a small boy.

It will transform your grappling game.
7/11/11 6:25 PM
SidRon
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am similar to you guys I mostly do BJJ but started wrestling. Talk about being completely exhausted. I am not sure if wrestling requires you to be more tense than BJJ or if I am just that way because I am not efficient at it but either way I gas out super fast wrestling as compared to BJJ or kickboxing.
7/11/11 7:53 PM
ChipW
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im the same sidron. It's the constant scrambling. There's no real positions to just hang out and rest in wrestling either. The scrambling has helped my bjj game though. Or maybe I've just become a better spaz. Lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.