UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Real reason why TUF is failing

4/1/11 5:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kyleburkle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/11 3:06 AM

TUF 10 was successful not only because of kimbo slice but also they were heavyweights
no one cares about lighter weight classes
st pierre is the only sub 185 lb fighter that carries rating because he is canadian and all the canadians buy his shows
Lighterweight classes don't appeal to casual fans. They are not scary large men, and there are few knockouts.
If this was a LHW season it would get better ratings
and by lighter weightclasses i mean
BW
FW
LW
WW

4/1/11 5:17 AM
Easytarget
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that for the casual fan heavier weight classes are better viewing.

For me though id rather watched skilled lighter guys than big, older ex-nfl guys with limited skills.
4/1/11 5:21 AM
Trojan Rubber Guard
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont get why Heavyweights are so popular... They usually gas within a round and then plod around for another ten minutes Phone Post
4/1/11 5:25 AM
kyleburkle

HW generally suck and there are huge mismatches within the division unlike in any other  in the UFC that is why they have so many KO'S
4/1/11 5:26 AM
The Notorious OMG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was one episode, not a half season drastically tanking.

and I assumed it was because there was no Fight Night leading into it like the previous seasons.
4/1/11 5:53 AM
Captain America
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was surprised at the lack of lead in Phone Post
4/1/11 6:07 AM
Mango Reinhardt

TUF is failing, as it should, because it has become epically douchey. All the sideways tapout hats and giant UFC logos are enough to make any respectable MMA fan cringe, myself included.   Once they start promoting this thing like a sport rather than something like the WWF, it may be viewed with some legitimacy.   We need to drop the skulls and death metal and the "so you wanna be a fuckin fighter" garbage.   This is only appealing to 14-30 year old insecure d-bags, which unfortunately are the majority when it comes to "UFC" fans.
4/1/11 6:12 AM
VABoxer

This !!!^^^^
4/1/11 6:18 AM
androushka
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with Mango, plus there has to be women on the show
4/1/11 6:28 AM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

androushka - ...plus there has to be women on the show

Not sure how they could do it but I agree with this.

It's such a full on sausage fest.

I'm only interested in watching guys when they're beating the crap out of each other.
4/1/11 6:29 AM
Mr Sponge

Mango got it Phone Post
4/1/11 6:29 AM
irishrottie
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

because the talent they ut on the show is getting worse and worse.

no more ncaa champs, world champ bjj guys or legit vets.
4/1/11 6:37 AM
MrMichaelz

Mango Reinhardt - TUF is failing, as it should, because it has become epically douchey. All the sideways tapout hats and giant UFC logos are enough to make any respectable MMA fan cringe, myself included.   Once they start promoting this thing like a sport rather than something like the WWF, it may be viewed with some legitimacy.   We need to drop the skulls and death metal and the "so you wanna be a fuckin fighter" garbage.   This is only appealing to 14-30 year old insecure d-bags, which unfortunately are the majority when it comes to "UFC" fans.

YES!!!
I watched season 3, and a little bit of 4 and 5.. after that it has become generic, out played and over produced
4/1/11 6:45 AM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almost everything about UFC production is stale. You'd think a company that has been willing to be aggressive in buying other orgs would be more willing to try a few new things with their product.
4/1/11 6:50 AM
ezubik

They don't even let talented dudes on the show. They come to the audition and get sent home.

Brock Lesnar is a great sell when hes fighting, but hes a horrible mouthpiece. Him being a stale personality and JDS who is twenty times more stale is going to make this a horrible season. Hopefully this has them change things up in the future to make things more interesting.
4/1/11 6:51 AM
suBJJective warMTh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kyleburkle -  

WW

Half the WWs are bigger than Rocky Marciano by fight time. I don't think they qualify as not being big and scary enough. Sherk and Tibau are scary as well.
4/1/11 6:52 AM
Devlyn

^Why bother trying to put out a better product than your rivals if you can just buy them when they get too big?
4/1/11 6:55 AM
Bingo`d by the UKTT

Complete BS.  Still had the No 1 ranking for the 18-34 demographic ranking and American Idol is on at the same time which draws huge numbers.  It did fine for what it was up against.  Lol@ everyone wanting shit to fail. 
4/1/11 7:00 AM
Mango Reinhardt

^^^^wut?

4/1/11 7:05 AM
Jetster

kyleburkle -  TUF 10 was successful not only because of kimbo slice but also they were heavyweights
no one cares about lighter weight classes
st pierre is the only guy that carries rating because he is canadian and all the canadians buy his shows
Lighterweight classes don't appeal to casual fans. They are not scary large men, and there are few knockouts.
If this was a LHW season it would get better ratings
BW
FW
LW
WW

Altho i disagree i think u are right about small men not appealing to the common fan but i think U need to take out WW'S in there, these guys are not small and they do appeal to the common man
4/1/11 7:13 AM
Jetster

Edited: 04/01/11 7:17 AM
4/1/11 7:18 AM
Jetster

ezubik - They don't even let talented dudes on the show. They come to the audition and get sent home.

ya whats that Shit all about!?
4/1/11 7:21 AM
pickledsoylentgreen

it was one episode, aired at a differnet time, with no UFN leading up to it. I think it might be a little soon to call it failing.
4/1/11 7:27 AM
Jambo888
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hungry4Stink - Almost everything about UFC production is stale. You'd think a company that has been willing to be aggressive in buying other orgs would be more willing to try a few new things with their product.

the other, less tasteful option is that they are pandering to an audience of mostly WWE fans instead of MMA fans
4/1/11 7:33 AM
Mango Reinhardt

Liophy - Lol at anything on TUF or UFC being "death metal".
this is true, i should have chosen my words more wisely.  I was just trying to imply that the "ultra badass or tough guy" act is real tired.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.