UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Franklin open to fights at all weights

4/1/11 3:45 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

As for when the former middleweight champion anticipates having to evaluate the fight, a nice warm summer month would be ideal.

"Maybe June or July, something like that," Franklin said. "I like fighting in the summer time because I like being able to train in the summertime.

Whether that challenge comes in his current division or at 185 pounds, it all comes down to a title pursuit for Franklin.

"Here's the thing with the 185- and 205-pound divisions," Franklin said. "I realize that I'm a small fighter at 205. Yeah, I could feel the size difference in the (Griffin) fight. Forrest didn't feel significantly stronger than me because there were times where I was pushing him against the cage and all that kind of stuff. So, I wasn't getting muscled around.

read entire article...

4/1/11 3:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
romophobia
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a man.

4/1/11 3:50 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For some reason Franklin doesn't quite get the respect he deserves, but he's always been a fighter through and through.
4/1/11 4:23 PM
K-Dub-"T"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

195 = FranklinWeight.

Make it permanent.
4/1/11 4:41 PM

K-Dub-"T" -  195 = FranklinWeight.

Make it permanent.<br type="_moz" />

195=BelfortWeight

DOI
4/1/11 4:43 PM
MarkRobinson
1330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Power - For some reason Franklin doesn't quite get the respect he deserves, but he's always been a fighter through and through.

Yeah I agree. im a big fan.

I wouldnt mind seeing him kick sonnens ass.
4/1/11 4:47 PM
dentalninja
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm definitely a fan of Rich Franklin.

Even Anderson Silva practically worships the guy, and he relocated Rich's nose & cracked his ribs.
4/1/11 4:50 PM
Ep32nv
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just needs to pick a weight and put some wins together! I think IF there is a lack of respect for him it's just because he bounces from 185-205 and has some losses. How can he get to.a title if he doesn't stay in 1 division? It was cool to see some of the match ups that the fans wanted (Belfort, Hendo, Chuck, Wand) but they didn't help Ace get anywhere. Phone Post
4/1/11 4:59 PM
ajjr0ller
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ep32nv -  He just needs to pick a weight and put some wins together! I think IF there is a lack of respect for him it's just because he bounces from 185-205 and has some losses. How can he get to.a title if he doesn't stay in 1 division? It was cool to see some of the match ups that the fans wanted (Belfort, Hendo, Chuck, Wand) but they didn't help Ace get anywhere. Phone Post

To be fair he only bounces around weight classes because the UFC has asked him to. 185 was his home but Anderson disposed of him easily twice. Franklin cannot beat Ando, yet he continued to eliminate contenders for the belt. He was asked to move up for the good of the division. Similarly, he was asked to fight at 195 against Vitor even though he had just acclimated his body to 205.

Just my .02
4/1/11 5:12 PM
HULKSMASH

Chris Power 1 hour ago For some reason Franklin doesn't quite get the respect he deserves, but he's always been a fighter through and through. THIS Phone Post
4/1/11 5:28 PM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see him back at 185. Good fights at that weight for him. Phone Post
4/1/11 10:31 PM
cincibill

The fights were not close at all. They were actually far away with Franklin swinging and kicking in the air.
4/1/11 10:46 PM
myee8

Respect to Ace! One of the toughest math teachers out there... Phone Post
4/1/11 11:04 PM
SteelyRes211
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He fights at money-weight.
4/2/11 5:49 AM
jaseprobst
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/02/11 5:48 AM
K-Dub-"T" -  195 = FranklinWeight.

Make it permanent.

There's a bunch of guys that weight is ideal for. Dean Lister and James Irvin come to mind. Maybe Jeremy Horn as well.
4/2/11 6:10 AM
The Notorious OMG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Franklin vs Shogun

just the type of match-up that years ago I never thought that I'd see, which makes me want to see it.

I wanted to see Couture vs Franklin but I think if Randy loses to Machida, which I'm pretty sure he will, it'll be his last fight.

4/2/11 9:23 AM
NorthFromHere
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny that in a sport filled with so called tough guys, it's the former math teacher who is one of the toughest SOBs out there.
4/2/11 9:25 AM
GoldMedaLInTapping(R)

Hard not to like this guy. He truly fights for the love of it. Phone Post
4/2/11 9:33 AM
frontrowbrian

He ducked Chael Sonnen for 2 years. Maybe he'll man up and face the Gangster from Oregon

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.