UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> attn ridge - what denomination...

4/4/11 10:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
5pointer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i will have to find these old "debates"/ ridge - ive read pretty much all day on EO... i always thought i was someone versed in church history... fascinating stuff. of course i was schooled in the reformers "saved christianity" mold.
4/4/11 10:46 PM
Ridgeback
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5pointer - i will have to find these old "debates"/ ridge - ive read pretty much all day on EO... i always thought i was someone versed in church history... fascinating stuff. of course i was schooled in the reformers "saved christianity" mold.

If any questions come to mind, I have a pretty good database of links where EO writers cover various issues.  It is definitely a paradigm shift from Western Christianities in many ways.

BTW, I think you have heard of Timothy Keller (an apologist in the reformed tradition) but if you have never read Marylinne Robinson (novelist and essayist) I think you might like her work.  She is very steeped in the Reform tradition and is a great writer.  Her collection of essays entitled "The Death of Adam" is excellent.  Her novel "Gilead" is one of the best things I have read in the last 10 years.
4/4/11 11:20 PM
Grendelplata
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The Origin of Satan" by Elaine Pagels is also very good. Phone Post
4/5/11 8:29 PM
5pointer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

love keller - just recently was turned on to him, never heard of robinson.. i will check her out as well.

im sure i will have numerous questions concerning EO.. be ready : )
4/6/11 12:30 AM
Ridgeback
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/06/11 12:48 AM
5pointer - 

love keller - just recently was turned on to him, never heard of robinson.. i will check her out as well.

im sure i will have numerous questions concerning EO.. be ready : )

Gilead is great. It is a pastor writing letters to his young son since he is going to die soon and he wants his son to know his father better when he is older.  It won a Pulitzer Prize. 
4/6/11 6:17 PM
zealot66
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may have to draw my mod sword.......leave the personal fighting on the OG please.
4/6/11 10:27 PM
Ridgeback

zealot66 -  I may have to draw my mod sword.......leave the personal fighting on the OG please.

5pointer got his answer so this thread could be safely deleted anyway.  

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.