VARIOUS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oops wrong second vid. Here it is
4/3/11 2:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Old Red Belt

Edited: 04/03/11 2:26 PM
He was what every martial artist doesn't want to be. His Karate was said to be good according to Robert Trias, it was his personality that got him in trouble. He let it go to his head....His legacy is best left to rot on the vine. He was the Darth Vader of American Karate, with almost the same story. Like Cowboys, my heros have always been Martial Artist. A much better movie would be Black Belt Pete, about a real life kid that came to me in a wheelchair, they said he would never walk again. I taught him how to walk and fight then we moved away...He recently made a 2d Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and works for Fox News....This is the kind of person you want to represent the Martial Arts, Not Keehan...Sorry about opinions I get a little worked up sometimes.
4/3/11 7:55 PM
VARIOUS

I only saw the ads in comic books and never thought he was even close to real. Looks like he was a black belt in Douchery
4/4/11 10:45 PM
Old Red Belt

He also claimed he fought in the "blood sport" matches in Canton China, same as Frank Dux, we know Dux did it. I read that Keehan did it in an article in Black Belt Magazine. He claimed several kills. In my studies of the Dim Mak of course I ran across him.

4/4/11 11:06 PM
VARIOUS

Old Red Belt - He also claimed he fought in the "blood sport" matches in Canton China, same as Frank Dux, we know Dux did it. I read that Keehan did it in an article in Black Belt Magazine. He claimed several kills. In my studies of the Dim Mak of course I ran across him.

I have met some overblown ego types who have lineage to Trias but this guy seems to have taken the cake. Those sweatshirts they have on rule btw
4/5/11 2:10 AM
Old Red Belt

It is American Martial Art History, he is interesting. It goes to show that a good man can in fact turn to the dark side. Like I said before Keehan is the perfect example of what not to be. I suppose as far as I'm concerned to keep any Keehans from happening I usually keep a student a Brown Belt for at least a year as a character evaluation, to see if they have an ego problem, a bully problem or an inferiority complex. Had Trias done this, Count Dan Tea would have never happened.
4/5/11 2:17 AM
VARIOUS

I never knew until this vid that he was under Trias. 
4/7/11 1:21 PM
Old Red Belt

Chuck Norris commented that good guys wear Black, not counting Keehan. I wear a Black Gi because it is easier to keep clean.
5/30/11 4:02 PM
ReneH

I still have the original CD Dim Mak manuscript I ordered through a comic book. had it since my teens!
5/30/11 8:17 PM
VARIOUS

ReneH - I still have the original CD Dim Mak manuscript I ordered through a comic book. had it since my teens!
Sure it is a masterpiece

8/1/11 2:11 PM
Palmala Handerson
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL what a douche
8/1/11 9:43 PM
VARIOUS

yes very much
8/8/11 11:39 PM
jcblass
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have always called BS on that guy. Trias is obvisouly a respected master who is to be held in high regards, however Count Dante was a flamboyant hair stylist with questionable martial arts linage. He is a lot of stories and not a lot of fact. In the infamous "dojo wars" it was reported he was hiding under a desk rather than engaging in the fights. He doesn't look like he has ever sparred a day in his life. He is in poor shape and in an era that was defined by blood, guts, and lots of fighting (pretty much all of the good black belts fought each other back then) He is really just a lot of hype.
8/9/11 1:37 AM
VARIOUS

I trained under a Trias guy as a kid and into college age. The school I went to was very good at brainwashing the fuck out of you. They really taught you that every other martial art out  there was BS.... and then the UFC came around and they kinda STFU about that claim
1/19/12 12:58 PM
gundoguy

I wear the t-shirt(friend printed some up a few years back)once in awhile to the gym, I always get a good laugh and the comic nerds just love the shirt! A guy offered me $20 once! But, when I was a kid, I wanted to be Count Dante...or Shang Chi!!!
1/20/12 3:41 AM
VARIOUS

Damn I would wear one in a heartbeat. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.