UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> The Most Deadly Martial Art Technique

4/3/11 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Old Red Belt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/03/11 2:57 PM

Now here is by far the most deadly thing you can do in the martial arts. It is not difficult to learn and everybody will in fact do it, including me. It has been the reason martial artist have broken away from their masters. It is the reason there are so many styles of nothing more than punch kick grab throw and squeeze. This technique is the cause of many bloody fights and even deaths. It spans all systems throughout history, and it never ends. It is inspired by envy, jealousy and then hatred. It is difficult not to do it, and requires great mastery of self control to avoid it. It is simple, the most deadly technique is ....The Opinion....Pass it on.
4/4/11 1:58 AM
cfadeftac

The Trench

I once had a FMA teacher who used to land eye jabs on me from ridiculously long range, damn they hurt, and he could do the same when we boxed with a jab. Well one day I went to his house for a private lesson and I noticed that in the middle of his backyard there was an eight foot long trench that was about eight inches deep and wooden pole. When I enquired about this odd narrow trench in the middle of his lawn he said that when the wife and kids went to sleep he would often come out in the backyard and practice lunging in and eye jabbing the pole. He didn't feel that he was getting enough distance on the initial move but damn eight feet is a long way. So i think the deadliest technique is absoloutley the hard work that someone puts in to getting very good!
4/4/11 8:03 AM
Old Red Belt

That was a pretty good opinion.
4/12/11 8:12 PM
Stronghold
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked up some deadlier techniques training with San Soo guys. Things like eye strikes, throat strikes, kicking the inside of the thigh (not deadly but not competition friendly), joint strikes and locks, throws that land people on their heads, etc.

In a 'real' fight for my life, I would hope I would try to smash the assailant's knees, crush his/her throat, put a knuckle into their ear, drop my elbow onto the back of their spine, and THEN drop them on their head. I'm getting too old to fuck around esp. if my son's life were at risk.
4/12/11 11:41 PM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The deadliest martial arts strike is the one delivered with the most intent.

If I got into a fight I doubt I could kill someone with one strike but if they threatened my wife or daughter it just became much more realistic that I could kill someone with one strike.
4/13/11 3:39 PM
Old Red Belt

Edited: 04/13/11 3:43 PM
Actually this is not about real deadly techniques but the the political implication of voicing and uneducated opinion. Even the educated ones can get you in trouble in the martial arts, here are some points to ponder. Every new style was made on the pretense of an opinion. The next thing you find is the older stylist claiming your style is illegitimate, then you have some sort of a war. It's not just in the USA it is everywhere, every style....opinions and egos.<br />I almost fell victim to it last night when a blithering idiot came in and claimed a side kick was ineffective. It was kinda funny at first and I explain to the beginner it would in fact work once it was mastered. That somehow didn't compute and he continued to goat me into a fight. I'm 57 he was 21. I looked at the 61 year old grappling world champ and he just shrugged. I thought well looks like I will need to tap this one. I don't tap out I DRT..Dead Right There. So two young advanced students stepped in and they explained the scientific facts of the side kick again. It won't work said the imbecile. He then challenged either one to hit him with it. I could see that E and N were having a mental beer bottle fight to see who was going to go first. E won out. It was classic Billy Jack "I'm going to take this right foot and whap you in the gut and there is nothing you can do about it," then he nailed the Moran with a perfectly controlled side kick, knocked him down and looked at me. I was too busy laughing my ass off, not proper dojo protocol but this is an MMA gym...When he regained consciousness I started him on his basic kicks as if nothing happened and now he paid attention to the old man. The student had an uneducated opionion that got him knocked out, but not thrown out...he learned yes sir, please and thank you as well not to mention a good class on front and round house kicks. This is not an opinion it is a rule..Men get good once they get over their male ego trips..Women get good once they get over the giggles.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.