UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> getting my gun rights back

4/4/11 10:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VemolasLazyEye
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have a withheld adjudication on a grand theft charge in Florida. i was told if i compklete probabtion and pay the fines my rights would be restored. i went to a gun show and tried to purchase a shotgun and got denied. how or when will i be able to get my gun rights back?
4/22/11 6:08 PM
Cookie Monster
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure what a withheld adjudication is. Is it a pre-trial deferral type of program?

In any event there is a process of petitioning the ATF for gun right restoration.
4/25/11 1:33 PM
Fake Pie
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm not sure what a withheld adjudication is. Is it a pre-trial deferral type of program?"

Basically. They defer prosecution if you meet certain conditions. In my experience, you did not have to admit guilt.
4/27/11 10:02 AM
Cookie Monster
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see. Thanks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.