UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Creatine before tournament?

4/5/11 11:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PaulieB0Y
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I have a Muay Thai tournament in 3 weeks. I'm 140lbs and found out there will not be a division for 140lbs and under like I thought. They are doing 155lbs and under which puts me at the bottom of the class looking up. Do you think I should add 5-6 pounds for the tournament or just stay where I'm at?  I feel very good at 140, fast and quick and I usually train with guys 160-180. The title says creatine because when I take that for a couple of weeks I gain about 5 lbs quickly, probably water weight mostly. I'm leaning toward just coimng in at 140 but is 15lbs too much to give up? I'm thinking the extra weight could help in the cliches... thanks..
4/13/11 7:12 AM
Brycer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh... Just stay where your at. Yull have a decent speed advantage and should just try to avoid the clinch if youre fighting someone alot bigger. Phone Post
4/20/11 10:43 AM
Martinez!
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kind of late...but I'd add some weight if I were you. 15 pounds is a lot to give up, especially at your weight. Add in the likelihood that some guys may walk into the ring at 160-165 and you've potentionally got a 20-25lb weight disadvantage.

Eat everything in sight (preferably healthy stuff and not junk food) and take the creatine. Just make sure you're drinking a lot of water, too.

4/23/11 7:18 PM
PaulieB0Y
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, it didn't really matter. Somehow they put me in a 4 man division and my guy was close to 200lbs. The two others were about 170. They did it somewhat by age and experience. We were all just around 1 year. Needless to say I got a little battered but I fought to the end. Luckily amateur has good headgear and I'm thankful. I've never backed down from a fight and at least can say I took the challenge. Phone Post
4/24/11 3:51 AM
Bryan72
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wait, what kind of event puts you against someone with close to a 60 lbs weight advantage?
4/24/11 5:27 PM
PaulieB0Y

It was an amateur Martial Arts event that included Muay Thai and Kickboxing event. Somehow they got the bright Idea to separate people by age more than weight. Even though their were plenty of people under 160, I was not in their division. There were plenty of mismatches in weight all day. The best part was the organizer yelling "this is Muay Thai, use the clinch and the knees." I was thinking this guy actually wants me to get in a clinch with someone 60lbs heavier?" I wish I could have taken his money and made him fight like that. Anyway, It was an experience... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.