UnderGround Forums

Arizona Underground >> bad blood mma in queen creek az

4/6/11 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
xDOMINANTGENEx
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Settled into a new home in Queen Creek AZ. I found a mma school about 5 miles from my house, its called Bad Blood MMA.

I was curious if it was a legit school, I checked their website, no instructor names or details. Apparently they promote muay thai shows in AZ.

I used to train at Southwest MMA in tempe(awesome) and was just curious if anyone knew about Bad Blood
4/7/11 1:26 AM
spartancs
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roland promotes Bad Blood Muay Thai with Bob Karmel. Interesting...
4/8/11 8:31 PM
xDOMINANTGENEx
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I misunderstood, they apparently don't promote Bad Blood Muay Thai. Thjey have students that compete there apparently.
7/26/11 1:01 AM
JPet
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one from Bad Blood MMA has competed in the Bad Blood Muay Thai shows,ie, no one has listed Bad Blood MMA on their registration card.
3/24/12 1:41 PM
spartancs
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always Sunny - Can't seem to find an instructor for Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu at this school. It seems to be just a place to train yourself maybe?

Anyone find a good spot in the Queen Creek area to train?

There used to be a club down there called "The Pit" where people trained and they had smokers from time to time. As far as I know those guys all train at Power MMA now at Guadalupe & Gilbert. Power MMA is a great gym, you can do what ever you want there (Muay Thai, Boxing, BJJ, Submission Grappling, Wrestling, MMA) with world class instructors and training partners.

Depending on where you are in Queen Creek you might check out Jay Pages or Chris Lopez. Jay has guys who train and fight Muay Thai and they also teach BJJ & MMA I believe.

If you are looking for a Muay Thai club close to Queen Creek I think your options are Power or Sitan. Sitan is on Alma School and Elliot & they have a great program. with lots of active fighters.

Good luck.
3/26/12 1:01 AM
onyx2002
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do you work in town or ever leave San Tan, maybe you could train when you are already in the area.
4/10/12 10:06 PM
Dave123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a good schools for beginners and amateur fighters. They have a good coaching staff who works real well with the students without charging a ton of money. They recently joined with the PIT fighters who are leaving power mma for whatever reasons. As far a pro fighters Edwin Dewees recently started training there for his upcoming MFC fight in Canada. as well as UFC vet and RITC light heavy weight champ Matt lucas, comes in about once a week for sparring. They also have some undefeated amateur fighters. I've been training there for about 6 months and and have learned quit a bit.
4/11/12 12:37 AM
Dave123

The BJJ coach is Aaron Hullinger a black belt under Rigan Machado. The Grappling coach is Wyatt Shepard. He is a Judo black belt, Pancrase black belt. and a purple bjj belt under Gustavo Dantes. I pay 75 per month.
4/11/12 12:43 AM
Dave123

Address is 2769 E. Combs Rd. Queen Creek Az. Major cross streets are Ironwood and combs. Its about a Mile and a half east on combs. # 480-209-6419.
5/31/12 10:11 AM
onyx2002
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dave is the schedule on their website accurate? Ii looks like one BJJ class and two MMA grappling classes per week? Does the black belt teach anywhere else? I'm right on the border between Gilbert and Queen Creek so I would like to swing by and check things out. Is the mma grappling really 100% geared towards MMA or is it more like no gi but keeping in mind the MMA aspects? Any info you would like to share would be appreciated

Thanks
5/31/12 1:43 PM
onyx2002

Anything about that Wyatt guy? I stalked him a bit on the internet and saw that he did at least compete in both grappling and mma. Seems like he was also the coach up at a different gym awhile ago.

I'm guessing that the BJJ guy they hope is coming is the Aaron Hullinger mentioned earlier.

Thanks
7/8/12 7:47 PM
Dave123

They do no GI on Monday and Weds. and Gi On Tuesday and Thursday. The no GI class teaches MMA aspects, but the guys on the fight team do full MMA grappling. the no GI is taught by Wyatt Sheppard and the Gi Class is taught by Aaron Hullinger. Wyatt Sheppard taught in Tuscon at Apex MMA. As far as AC goes Its swamp cooled so you get a good sweat. July and August are a little ruff but its tolerable. They have been using the name Queen Creek MMA. They have Facebook Pages that has some info but not sure if its current, they have a friend page and a like page. The friend page is more up to date. Its under Queen Creek MMA or Queen Creek Mixed Martial Arts and Fitness.
7/12/12 3:13 PM
spartancs

Always Sunny -  the only problem with this place is no morning Gi or No Gi classes. 

now that my broken leg is healing up im probably gonna head over to PowerMMA or maybe that school in S Chandler.<br type="_moz" />

You should check certainly check out Power. Morning BJJ at 10:00am 5 days a week. They have a Muay Thai class at noon as well.
7/12/12 5:26 PM
onyx2002

Dave if you talk to anyone over there, please let them know that it would be great to know their current bjj/no gi schedule.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.