UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Hornets make the Playoffs w/o D-West

4/7/11 1:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
flowerfeeder
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Despite all of the death, serious injury, off court drama, rookie coach, roster changes, etc. that the Bees have endured this year, they actually clinched a Playoff spot last night in an exciting win over the Rockets.

NOLA, baby.

Now they just have to find a way to avoid the Lakers (who swept them this season) in the first round.
4/7/11 9:00 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think it really matters who you play in the first round.
4/7/11 11:07 PM
Floppy Divac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, quick is correct.  :(
4/8/11 12:54 AM
CRBMoney14

I would guess Portland has gone through alot more and would have a decent shot against Dallas
4/8/11 7:27 AM
flowerfeeder

The Hornets have winsover both Dallas and San Antonio this year. In fact, they blew the Spurs out.
4/8/11 8:55 AM
quick

The Hornets are the weakest team match up wise, especially without West, for just about all of the teams in the upper bracket. SA would definitely rather play you than Memphis, and so be careful what you wish for.
4/8/11 9:30 AM
flowerfeeder

The Hornets do not fear the Spurs or the Mavs.

The Lakers, on the other hand...
4/8/11 9:33 AM
flowerfeeder

And while lack of depth at that position sucks, Landry has performed very well since West's injury.

Look. I'm not saying the Hornets are the best in the West. I'm just saying they performed way better than expected this year and actually do have a chance to get past the first round if they do not get the Lakers.
4/8/11 2:00 PM
quick

There is a reason the Hornets are at the BOTTOM of the bracket. And there is a reason that every team would like to play you in the first round. Don't start fooling yourself into thinking your team is anything other than a speed bump.
4/8/11 3:56 PM
flowerfeeder

Edited: 04/08/11 3:56 PM
If you think the Spurs (who were humiliated earlier this season by the Hornets) or the Mavs (who have not fared well against CP3 in the Playoffs recently) are not at least a little concerned, then you are the one who is thinking foolishly. Not to mention the Hornets won the series tiebreaker with Portland and will beat Memphis again this Sunday.

The Lakers may not fear us, but every other team had better.

Again, I'm not saying they are the best. Just sayin'. Would love for them to prove you wrong. They have a tendency to do such things.
4/8/11 4:05 PM
flowerfeeder

And by the way, the Hornets are not at the BOTTOM of the bracket. They are currently in 7th and will move up to 6th tonight if they beat the Suns again.
4/8/11 4:06 PM
quick

Garry (Guam)

Of the 4 lower seeds in the West, which team do you think is the scariest? I think its Portland and if they match up with the Mavs, we can see an upset.

John Hollinger (1:01 PM)

I don't think Portland is that scary actually. I'd much rather face them than the Nuggets or Grizzlies. But the only easy out will be the Hornets.
4/8/11 4:07 PM
quick

1-4 is the top you tard. 5-8 is the BOTTOM.
4/8/11 4:30 PM
flowerfeeder

quick - 1-4 is the top you tard. 5-8 is the BOTTOM.

Yeah, but you were making it sound like they were the lowest ranked of the 8.

Look, people are forgetting about their excellent 13-1 start and that 10 game streak they went on mid season. The Hornets ain't the horrible, shit team people seem to think they are for some reason. Yeah, CP3 hasn't been the scoring machine this year that he has been in the past, and the injuries that kept Mek and Ariza out for weeks damaged their consistency, but they are not a bad team.

I am CONFIDENT that the Hornets would beat the Blazers and Grizzlies in a 7 game series. CONFIDENT.
4/8/11 4:49 PM
quick

Well I do think they are the weakest team, but that is more a reflection of match ups than actual record.
4/12/11 10:27 AM
flowerfeeder

Well, they threw the past two games so that they can face the Spurs in the first round. This gamble better pay off.
4/12/11 12:29 PM
Floppy Divac

lol!
4/12/11 1:32 PM
flowerfeeder

:)
4/14/11 9:33 AM
flowerfeeder

Oh well. There's always next year (I hope).
4/16/11 7:02 AM
Windfall
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flowerfeeder - I'm not saying the Hornets are the best in the West. I'm just saying they performed way better than expected this year and actually do have a chance to get past the first round if they do not get the Lakers.

I am surprised the Hornets made the playoffs... so... yea, congrats on that. But lets be real... didn't the Hornets start out like 12-1 this year? So... since the first 2 weeks they have been a sub 500 team? They really were not all that good this year - just had a ridiculously good start.
4/17/11 6:28 PM
flowerfeeder

What's up nah?! How's dat for "not all that good"? And that was without D-West.
4/17/11 6:45 PM
quick

Sometimes good teams play down to their competition. You have three more games to win before I will change my mind.
4/18/11 8:28 AM
flowerfeeder

Chris Paul will eat your soul.
4/18/11 7:20 PM
quick

I'll be the first to dance a jig if he knocks LA out of the playoffs.
4/19/11 4:45 AM
EKPOGI
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm stoned and I just realized that the NBA owns the Hornets.they can go all the way.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.