UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Guillotine hold illegal in Muay Thai?

4/11/11 8:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IronMonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/11/11 8:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEdG4mB-6s

I always thought it was illegal but here is an old video clip showing it being shown in Sidyotong gym and matches where it was applied.

It's not being used to the point of choking people out. If it was legal then but not now, then why? Did someone actually got choked out in a match by this?

4/11/11 9:17 AM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have see some Thai's use it while training the clinch at gyms in Thailand. But they were mostly screwing around when they did it, not choking their training partner.
4/11/11 9:35 AM
IronMonkey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was told it's illegal here in Aus and in one of my match in a WKA-ISKA I actually had a pretty good hold of this on my opponent to unload some knees but was immediately stopped by the ref. So I'd like to confirm whether it is legal or not.
4/12/11 4:17 AM
Bryan72
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad to see my upload is getting around.....
4/12/11 10:38 PM
OUTCOLD
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the choking part is illegal but not so much the action, its very easy to get when you jam
4/13/11 4:18 PM
Somerville Bad Boy
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a controlling hold in MT. If you choke it's illegal but it you hold and kneee it's fine. There's also a standing head and arm chock/hold that's fun to do.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.