UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> RBSD or MMA?

4/24/11 4:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cprevost
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe,I find that some arts and training methods more easily lend themselves to bullshit. RBSD falls easily into that camp. Doesn't mean that everyone who trains it is guilty but many are. Yoshida, I don't think I'd feel any different should your scenario arise. Why should I?
4/25/11 9:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Maffei
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cprevost I know what you are saying, but it's the instructor presenting the art or the training method who is at fault, who feeds the BS. The people who train say RBSD are only following the lead of the teacher. If the Teacher is promoting 1- step karate sparring in boots and camo, screaming Kill, kill, kill, and instilling paranoia in the hearts and minds of the student, you can bet that's what the students will pass on to others and the chain of BS continues. And that can certainly discourage any reasonable person to dismiss RBSD as a joke or something un-healthy for the soul.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.