UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Brain hemorrhage forces Brian Foster out of UFC129

4/12/11 1:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

H.I.T. Squad fighter Brian Foster announced via twitter that he has been forced to withdraw from a fight with Sean Pierson at UFC 129, because an MRI revealed a brain hemorrhage. The MRI was mandated by the Ontario Athletic Commission

Coach Marc Fiore told MMAjunkie.com that while his fighter is OK, he is required to undergo another MRI in six weeks to assure no permanent damage is present. Fiore believes Foster's hemorrhage may have occurred during a hard sparring session two days before the MRI was taken.

"A blood vessel broke open, started bleeding, and turned into a brain hemorrhage. Our doctor and the UFC doctor said they won't clear him to fight.

"It should heal on its own, and if it's good, he's cleared to fight. If not, then we have to obviously (look at surgical options)."

The bad news come on the heels of another serious injury from which Foster recently recovered. Fiore said the welterweight received a hard kick to the groin six weeks ago that caused one of his testicles to burst, and doctors were forced to remove it.

Read entire article...

4/12/11 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn tough luck. Speedy recovery for him.
awilson82
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn hes had a bad couple months
romophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good thing these screening catch this stuff....
that's crazy.
Get well!
And a busted nut?!?!?
Double crazy.
4/12/11 1:55 PM
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow, I'm glad for him that they caught it.... talk about dodging a bullet
4/12/11 1:56 PM
PassnSmash

WTF? Phone Post
4/12/11 2:00 PM
jjj2121

I felt bad for the brain hemorrage, but the testicle busting in the sac?!?!?!?!  Holy shit!
4/12/11 2:03 PM
Bingo`d by the UKTT

Id rather have the brain hemorrage!  Damn, who kicked him in the nuts so hard he had to have it removed?
4/12/11 2:07 PM
Liquid8

Damn, a ruptured testicle?! Was he not wearing a cup while sparring?

Regardless, I wish him all the best.
4/12/11 2:12 PM
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn losing a nut. that has to hurt Phone Post
4/12/11 2:13 PM
chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor guy. Shit sucks! Phone Post
4/12/11 2:18 PM
nolabrum
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that sucks, hope he recovers well. Tine to stop sparring with Kongo. Phone Post
4/12/11 2:20 PM
RicePicker
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOLY FUCK Phone Post
4/12/11 2:24 PM
Madaptation

That's some heavy sparring going on in that gym. Christ! Phone Post
4/12/11 2:30 PM
drance2624
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOLY SHIT @ Foster's streak of tough luck and bad timing.

Hope he recovers well and has lots of babies and fights in the future.
4/12/11 2:59 PM
TexDeuce
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if he was wearing a cup Phone Post
4/12/11 3:01 PM
disbeliever
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I trained with a guy 15 years ago who took a kick to the groin and lost a testical.

At first he did not want a prosthetic one, but after his wife was to freaked out by it they implanted a fake one to look more natural.
4/12/11 3:09 PM
xxzygotexx
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holfy fuckin bad luck...Good that they caught it...
Wish him a speedy recovery...Damn...
4/12/11 3:13 PM
Jack Skellington
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh shit

who's Pierson gonna fight now?
4/12/11 3:22 PM
EnderTL
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - I trained with a guy 15 years ago who took a kick to the groin and lost a testical.

Was the guy wearing a cup? If so, metal/plastic?

I took a HARD shot to the nuts playing hockey. I couldn't finish the game and couldn't walk, laugh or sit correctly for almost a week. No perma damage though, thank God. I was wearing a plastic cup at the time, and after that I switched to a steel one. Never took a shot of the same magnitude again, but still felt a lot safer.

I know a kick would come in at a different angle which probably makes a difference, but I'm still curious what he had for protection.

Kind of makes an argument for thai style groin protecion + a cup... but like Guy Mezger said, you need a REALLY good friend to help you out LOL
4/12/11 4:24 PM
The LastStop

Fosters truly a great guy one of the coolest down to earth UFC fighters their are..you'd never guess he was a bad-ass by hanging out with him..

Sorry to hear the run of bad luck..scary thoughts..
4/12/11 4:26 PM
butcher4
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It certainly seems to be raining shit on Brian Foster. Phone Post
4/12/11 4:34 PM
TheClips

Now for the standard question: If he needs surgery, is the UFC going to foot the bill or help out?

I know, I know, "it didn't happen in the cage," but as a UFC fighter, you are contractually obligated to perform ONLY in the UFC, and it is heavily implied that you need to perform well--and hence train to perform well--if you wish to stay under contract.

So that being said, couldn't it be legally argued that any time in the gym spent training to perform in the UFC should be covered under insurance, similar to how injuries sustained in an NFL practice would be covered?

I know this isn't an issue yet, but I was just curious as to everyone's insight.
4/12/11 4:42 PM
disbeliever
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EnderTL - 
disbeliever - I trained with a guy 15 years ago who took a kick to the groin and lost a testical.

Was the guy wearing a cup? If so, metal/plastic?

I took a HARD shot to the nuts playing hockey. I couldn't finish the game and couldn't walk, laugh or sit correctly for almost a week. No perma damage though, thank God. I was wearing a plastic cup at the time, and after that I switched to a steel one. Never took a shot of the same magnitude again, but still felt a lot safer.

I know a kick would come in at a different angle which probably makes a difference, but I'm still curious what he had for protection.

Kind of makes an argument for thai style groin protecion + a cup... but like Guy Mezger said, you need a REALLY good friend to help you out LOL

Wasn't wearing any cup. Was a last end of class sparring session that was not planned for. They went out got into it, kick laded and he dropped down crying in pain. he later described it as "exploding inside me".
4/12/11 5:00 PM
JohnnyChrist

Oh man that is some scary shit, best of luck to brian

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.