UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> That Kings comeback was crazy!!

4/14/11 1:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Floppy Divac
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah they lost, Kobe with a huge 3 pointer to tie it up and go to OT and put em away.  Still, they were down 20 points in the 4th quarter and managed to outscore the Lakers 29-11 in the 4th to go to OT.  Shoulda been 29-8 but Kobe has been known to hit huge shots.  Part of me wants to blame Dalembert for not being a little closer but it's not his fault.   Great game and great effort by the Kings. Wish I woulda seen what Cousins got tossed for but guess it didn't matter as they made their push without him.  Thompson was huge off the bench, Thornton was the man.  Fuck, I'm gonna miss the fucking hell outta this team.  Fuck David Stern right in his ugly rat face.  Great game.
4/14/11 2:05 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/14/11 2:05 AM
Slurp wang, Sacramento Queens! And enjoy Anaheim.
4/14/11 2:07 AM
MadDog243
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel you man. Youve always been a great fan and Sacramento deserves better. So did Seattle. But Stern doesnt give a fuck about loyalty, tradition, or anything that should matter in sports.

Money is all that slimy fuckin changable cocksucker understands. Im so glad we got to hear about that "I know where the bodies are buried" shit. There is nothing redeemable about him. When he dies I will genuinely celebrate, because it will be a great day for the sport of basketball. I say that because I really believe he will not retire at any point, itll probably be some slighted player that finally taes him down when he is about 100 years old ala Darth Vader chuckin the emperor down that exhaust shaft.
4/14/11 2:07 AM
MadDog243
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck you, PoundforPound. Like your shitty bandwagon city needs another basketball team.
4/14/11 2:10 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enjoy the playoffs, MadDog. :D
4/14/11 2:58 AM
EKPOGI
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP KINGS.Webber-era of the Kings was dope.still think they were uncrowned champs.

p.s.although still a small chance they can stay.
4/14/11 4:34 AM
MadDog243

PoundforPound - Enjoy the playoffs, MadDog. :D

As long as the Lakers and Celtics arent in the finals, I will :)

But we all know how seldom the basketball gods favor me and mine.
4/14/11 5:07 AM
wolfdeth
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

F the queens!.lol
4/14/11 10:16 AM
east
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/14/11 10:26 AM
Why blame Stern?  He just works for the owners doesn't he?  Its the owners' prioritities that he represents and they want the $$$ 

Sadly, it looks like we'll have seen at least two storied fanbases get screwed during Stern's tenure.  To be fair, the overwhelming majority of the citizens who lived/live in both cities voted HEAVILY against tax increases to fund upgrades for a pair of old ass arenas that were/are desperately in need of renovation or to fund new arenas altogether.

Sacramento is just plain broke right now from what I can gather and the citizens unfortunately do not see their team as a priority as far as the city's financial situation is concerned.
4/14/11 10:41 AM
east
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also lets not forget that the Kings moved to Sacto from KC during Stern's tenure.  So without Stern, you might never have had a team anyway! 
4/14/11 11:18 AM
Floppy Divac
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stern is partly to blame for some of the horrendously corrupt officiating we've seen over time in the playoffs particularly imo.
4/14/11 11:23 AM
Floppy Divac

And not to make light of the horribly senseless violence that happened to that Giants fan down in LA the other week, but if I were at the Kings game last night one of those faggot ass bandwagon Laker fans who makes an ill timed comment about the Kings moving to Anaheim woulda gotten slugged in his bitchass face.
4/14/11 1:04 PM
EKPOGI
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/14/11 1:05 PM
a Laker fan got his jaw fractured via a sucker punk from a Warrior fan last week.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/27486625/detail.html

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Another case of fan violence has surfaced, but this time the incident happened in the Bay Area after a local Laker fan had his jaw broken after reportedly getting punched by a Warrior fan at Oracle Arena.
KTVU talked with the victim Friday afternoon. Shaun Cass said the attack happened at the south entrance to the arena Wednesday night just minutes after the game ended.
"I don't remember getting hit," said Cass. "All I remember is stumbling a little bit and the guy was running away."
Cass said Wednesday night's sucker punch left him with a broken jaw and he has the x-rays to prove it.
"It's a fracture of almost all the way through my jawbone," said Cass. "Looks like it's about a half an inch."
Cass, his father Barry and a family friend went to the game to celebrate Shaun's 25th birthday. Barry and Shaun were decked out in their Los Angeles Lakers gear for the team's contest against Golden State.
They said three Warriors fans a few rows ahead of them didn't like it and started taunting and threatening them.
The Lakers' fans said after the game, the trio of men ambushed them outside.
"He got in front of me and we were about to fight," remembered Shaun Cass. "And his buddy came out of nowhere and cracked me right in my jaw and fractured me about right there."
Shaun's father Barry said arena security did nothing to intervene.
"My friend was with a security guard and he said. I'm not going to get into this," said Barry.
The Lakers fans said the assailants followed them through the parking lot before they were able to drive away.
On Friday night, Shaun Cass said he won't stop going to basketball games or rooting for the rival team.
"I'm definitely going to any game," Cass said. "I'm not afraid."
Late Friday afternoon, KTVU heard from the Golden State Warriors. The team said this was the first they've heard of the incident and said since no report was filed, they can't comment.
But a team spokesman did say spectator safety is the team's number one priority and they have security on hand for all events.
4/14/11 1:06 PM
EKPOGI

4/14/11 10:07 PM
Floppy Divac

That's fucked up that dude got cheap shotted and so injured like that.  Security should have intervened for sure.  I'm gonna have to guess that there was some drinking involved on the Lakers fans part otherwise I'm not sure why they wouldn't have called the police that night or gotten SOMEONE from security to do something.
4/14/11 11:04 PM
PoundforPound

Floppy Divac - I'm gonna have to guess that there was some drinking involved on the Lakers fans part otherwise I'm not sure why they wouldn't have called the police that night or gotten SOMEONE from security to do something.

You're blaming the victim?
4/15/11 12:30 AM
Floppy Divac

No, I'm seriously wondering why the fuck they didn't call the authorities or get other security involved when it happened.  As a person who's been to many A's and a couple of Warriors games I can tell you that they would have been able to find a police officer standing around or in a vehicle if they'd wanted to.  Maybe they were all just too sauced for dude's birthday.  If that's the case then it's doubly unfortunate.  Either way shit was fucked up and the guys who assaulted him were in the wrong. 
4/15/11 3:08 AM
EKPOGI

kinda shocked no LA king fan got whooped by SanJose sharks fan tonight.
4/20/11 2:43 PM
MadDog243

Were getting one side of the story here. I reall doubt the Laker fans were behaving as innocently as they claim.

I know Lakers fans love to come to Suns games and run their mouths, then puss the fuck out when they get called on their bullshit and asked to back it up.

PTM loved to brag last year about how you would get shot going to staples center wearing another teams colors, which is bullshit (had no problem wearing my Suns Raja Bell jersey there & all over LA last year...nothin but dirty looks) but is somehow supposed to be accepted or something. Fuck that, the same rules apply to everyone: Dont go parading around another teams arena running your mouth if you arent ready to back it up.

If the story is true as written, of course the guy who hit him were in the wrong and deserve to be punished. I just really doubt it is, especially since they didnt file any charges and waited a long ass time to even say anything.
4/23/11 5:40 AM
EKPOGI

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6411267

Report: Kings to stay in Sacramento?

It looks like the Sacramento Kings won't become the Anaheim Royals after all -- at least not next season.

Despite speculation that the Kings had all but packed their bags for Southern California, the NBA now thinks the team will remain in Sacramento next season, according to a Los Angeles Times report Friday.

However, the Kings' long-term future in Sacramento remains uncertain beyond 2011-12, the Times reported, citing league executives.

Meanwhile, Kings co-owner Joe Maloof says his family is still deciding whether to move the franchise to Anaheim or stay in California's capital city.

Maloof told The Associated Press on Friday that no decision has been made and he's "as anxious as anybody" to find out if Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson can deliver on his promise for more sponsorship support and finally finance a plan for a new arena.

Johnson was wrapping up two days of meetings with NBA relocation committee chairman and Oklahoma City Thunder owner Clay Bennett and other league officials in Sacramento.

"We await the results of the fact-finding visit that the NBA made to Sacramento the past two days," the Kings said Friday night in a statement. "We have not made a decision with regards to relocation filing, and will not make that decision until we have more information from the NBA."

At the NBA Board of Governors meetings last week in New York, the NBA granted the Kings an extension until May 2 to file paperwork requesting a relocation to Anaheim.

Johnson attended the April 14-15 meetings as well to make a desperate pitch to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and he persuaded the league to dispatch a fact-finding team to Sacramento. Johnson believes he made another splash when they arrived. He presented $9.2 million -- up from the $7 million he initially cited last week -- in commitments for new advertising, ticket purchases and other financial support from regional businesses and other backers to prevent the team from moving to Anaheim.

Johnson and other political and business leaders emerged from meetings with NBA officials Thursday optimistic about their efforts to keep the Kings in town.

"If you go back a week ago from today, we thought it was virtually over," Johnson, a former NBA All-Star, said Thursday. "And not only did we prevent the team from leaving, we got a chance to show them who we are. And when we said $7 million, and the commissioner said, 'Well, prove it,' he sent a team out and we over-delivered. I mean, this is Sacramento. This is what makes us great."

The Kings likely won't make a long-term commitment to staying in Sacramento without a new arena.

After years of failed efforts to replace outdated Power Balance Pavilion, formerly called Arco Arena, Sacramento officials are using the extra time before the Maloof's relocation application deadline to show the NBA that they can finally agree on a plan to finance a new facility.

A new arena feasibility plan -- the major sticking point in past efforts -- won't be completed until a few weeks after the relocation deadline. A majority approval by owners would be needed to approve the move, and political leaders in Sacramento believe there's still time to convince the NBA the Kings shouldn't leave.

"I don't think they have made up their minds," city councilman Rob Fong said.
4/23/11 10:29 AM
Floppy Divac

Please oh please oh please!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.