UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kris McCray and Mario Miranda cut by UFC

4/14/11 6:33 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

It was a tough run for Mario Miranda during his UFC career, but following back-to-back losses the Brazilian has been released from the promotion.

Miranda’s manager Ed Soares confirmed the news to MMAWeekly Radio on Wednesday.

“He’s bummed, but he kind of expected it. He got cut unfortunately,” Soares revealed.

“His last 4 fights he’s had 3 losses in the UFC, and I think he just needs to go back to the drawing board and get some wins."

“Our goal is try to get him to fight three more times by the end of the year, and put three more wins together and try to get him back in there.”

Read entire article...

Following a tough three round split decision loss at UFC Fight Night 24, former “Ultimate Fighter” finalist Kris McCray has been released from the promotion.

The season 11 cast member had dropped his 3 bouts in the Octagon since leaving the show, including the finale loss to eventual champion Court McGee. McCray dropped to 170lbs after the fight with McGee, but came up short in both of his fights there..

“After a fight like that it kind of sucks, but what can you do…never let it get in the hands of the judges. It was a great fight and not to take anything away from Hathaway, but I wish I would have got that last fight,” McCray told MMAWeekly.com

“I know I can compete at that level, I had a really good fight and a tough guy at that level. So just get back, keep fighting, and we’ll see 3, 4, 5 or 6 fights, who knows, definitely want to get back on the bike.”

Read entire article...

4/14/11 7:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Evilzpet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at Mclaynpray! So glad he got cut, dude fought lame as hell. He'll never be able to do anything but wrestle at this level of competition, and he's not even that good at that. Sry to gloat but I love when these man huggers get cut, it makes for a more exciting roster.
4/14/11 8:51 AM
Capo Ultra

McCray is such a terrible fighter, glad he got cut
4/14/11 9:04 AM
fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd have to rewatch the fight, but I thought McCray won his last one. I might be in the minority, but I think he has potential.
4/14/11 9:14 AM
jct71

That last fight was close but I guess they are cutting him on total losses and not that one solely.
4/14/11 9:24 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's tough to cut, good luck to both fighters.
4/14/11 11:10 AM
Capo Ultra

exactly dude is a snoozefest

4/14/11 2:38 PM
caged conflict

NarlyPersianDude - no you would not internet tough guy. Mcray would beat the shit out of you.

You think him having a decision with Hathaway means you could survive 3 rounds with him. This shows how stupid some mma fans are. He would toss you around like a small child and beat the shit out of you.

Wisen Up

Slow down dude that's Kevin McAllister you are talking to. A guy so legit he isn't registered as a fighter on mixedmartialarts.com (a site whose registration is required for ALL unified rules commissioned states). So therefore he must be a ninja like on the level of Rafiel Torre and stuff!
4/14/11 2:39 PM
caged conflict

KevinMcAllister - dude wasnt very impressive.

and his whole "grr im savage!" thing he does before every fight make me want to fight him.

id get decisioned, but i'd give it a go.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-fighters-who-lied-their-way-to-legendary/

To help you out on my obscure reference killer!
4/14/11 2:42 PM
caged conflict

Whoa running out the door but can someone make a thread for this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Pregnant-woman-wins-fight-but-now-out-of-the-mi?urn=mma-wp1162

BTW commissioned states do pregnancy tests. This writer must do all of his reporting from whatever event Kevin compiled his undefeated record at. ;)

How is this not news yet KIRIK? lol
4/14/11 2:47 PM
TheWelshLurker
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't expect such lol's on this thread. Subbed. Phone Post
4/14/11 2:52 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
 McCray's schtick was obnoxious, glad he's gone.
4/14/11 2:55 PM
Anarkis
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fabes - I'd have to rewatch the fight, but I thought McCray won his last one. I might be in the minority, but I think he has potential.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.