UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jacare: Lack of fights in Strikeforce 'sucks'

4/15/11 12:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Strikeforce Middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza has defended his title just once (vs. Robbie Lawler) since earning the title in August 2010. And once is not enough.

"I get upset. I am an MMA professional, a guy who’s always ready to fight, I keep waiting approximately six months to fight. It sucks, I don’t like that. They’re thinking of July [for another fight], but for me that’s a long time. I’m going to relax in training right now, I’m going to travel. Maybe I’ll fight in July again. I hope my new boss puts me to work more often."

Read entire article...
Read entire article... (original Portuguese)

4/15/11 12:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
phantomknifehand
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vacate your title, and ask Coker to jump ship over to the UFC where Dana White and Joe Silva will have ZERO trouble getting you fights.  
4/15/11 1:18 AM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

answer the door rich chou

http://www.seniorark.com/Humor/Double%20Takes/Move%20before%20using/alligator.gif
4/15/11 1:26 AM
dogfb
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacare is one of the best, he needs more fights. The MW division in SF is pretty shallow, hopefully Jacare ends up in the UFC sooner rather than later.
4/15/11 1:29 AM
Mc Graner
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ Phone Post
4/15/11 1:30 AM
pulsar

Yeah good stuff... You know what happens to Brazilians when you give them too long between fights!
4/15/11 3:19 AM
keylockarmbar

jacare/belcher

jacare/marquardt

jacare/bisping

jacare/maia

jacare/rousimar

there are a lot of good fights for him in the U
4/15/11 5:21 AM
radiobaby
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Add Jacare to the list of like 25 guys that have said the same thing.
4/15/11 5:49 AM
joe k
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's already clear that Strikeforce will keep all contracts and UFC won't dispute them. So seeing SF players go to UFC anytime soon is not going to happen.

Some UFC fighter might go to SF after being cut, but they who are under contract with UFC won't jump ship because the money is so much worse @SF.

The only way we will see top fighters from both leagues fighting each other, is if Dana agrees to co-promote an "UFC vs SF" event.

This is actually possible since SF already started to "market" this idea (and I don't think they would do that without and greenlight from Zuffa).

And co-promoting wouldn't harm Zuffa since they own both companies.. Let's all hope.
4/15/11 12:23 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickMartelsArrogance - How do Champions clauses effect UFC signing SF guys when their contract is up?  I'm almost positive Jacare signed a 5 fight deal which would leave him w/ more one bout left, but the Champions clause is the question.

Apparently there is no champions clause...does Jake Shields ring a bell?
4/15/11 12:30 PM
Kanodogg1

Thebigbadbootydaddy, shields didn't have a champions clause cause his contract was transfered from elitexc, sf does have champions clause Phone Post
4/15/11 12:32 PM
caposa
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want Jacare/Sonnen
4/15/11 12:33 PM
orcus

Some UFC fighter might go to SF after being cut, but they who are under contract with UFC won't jump ship because the money is so much worse @SF.

Zuffa can do what they want in that direction. They could have GSP fight on an SF show and pay him his UFC fee if they wanted.

Also, the money is not worth. Henderson, Diaz, Melendez, and many more are paid comparably or even better compared to their UFC counterparts, I think.
4/15/11 12:36 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/15/11 12:35 PM
PickledSoylentQueen - Bisping would eat him for breakfast. Stay in Strikeforce, Jacare.

Bisping vs Jacare would be a really cool fight actually
4/15/11 12:37 PM
JohnnyLawrence
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny none of these guys complained until the UFC bought Strikeforce. Not that I disagree with him, but look what his comments already have you doing - posting potential UFC matchups.

That there is a smart feller.
4/15/11 12:45 PM
Tad Ghostal
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Zuffa can do what they want in that direction. They could have GSP fight on an SF show and pay him his UFC fee if they wanted.

Also, the money is not worth. Henderson, Diaz, Melendez, and many more are paid comparably or even better compared to their UFC counterparts, I think.

Why do you think that? GSP is Diaz's UFC counterpart, I seriously doubt they get paid the same or even close.
4/15/11 12:56 PM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PickledSoylentQueen - Bisping would eat him for breakfast. Stay in Strikeforce, Jacare.

Id actually like to see that fight, not sure if even Bispings cardio could sustain running from Jacare all night.

4/15/11 1:05 PM
orcus

Why do you think that? GSP is Diaz's UFC counterpart, I seriously doubt they get paid the same or even close.

GSP is an exception as one of if not the biggest star in the sport. Diaz's $175k for his last fight is more than Fitch, Koscheck, and Shields made in their last UFC fights, and all of them are ranked higher than Diaz is. Anderson only made $200k for his fight with Chael.

Melendez made $150k for his defense against Kawajiri, Edgar made only $102k for his against Maynard (although he got a $60k FOTN bonus on top of that).

Jim Miller made $30k for beating Shalorus; Aoki made $73k for beating Fancy Pants. Kamal made $7000 for getting KO'd, while Beerbohm made $10k for getting choked.
4/15/11 1:10 PM
hiptosser

I didn't know crack was such a problem in the UK
4/15/11 1:12 PM
AstroZombie707
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow JZ can't get a fight, Jacare cant get a fight...

Bullshit, Give these guys fights already fuck...
4/15/11 1:25 PM
orcus

Miller... steak and kidney'd

You mean out danced and out pointed.
4/15/11 1:26 PM
THE DEAN
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PickledSoylentQueen - 
rosario02 -  LMFAO at "Bisping would eat him for breakfast"... If by that you mean he gets a limb torn off, then yes Phone Post

Let's take a quick look at what happened to all the BBs Bisping fought.

Sinosic... smashed

McCarthy... destroyed

Schafer... appetiser

Kang... bingo'd

Need I go on?

Good point. Those guys are all on the same level as Jacare.
4/15/11 1:34 PM
gaycuckold

I wish I could see JZ fight more as well
4/15/11 1:41 PM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

GSP is an exception as one of if not the biggest star in the sport. Diaz's $175k for his last fight is more than Fitch, Koscheck, and Shields made in their last UFC fights, and all of them are ranked higher than Diaz is. Anderson only made $200k for his fight with Chael.

Melendez made $150k for his defense against Kawajiri, Edgar made only $102k for his against Maynard (although he got a $60k FOTN bonus on top of that).

Jim Miller made $30k for beating Shalorus; Aoki made $73k for beating Fancy Pants. Kamal made $7000 for getting KO'd, while Beerbohm made $10k for getting choked.
You are leaving out ppv cuts, backroom bonuses, bigger sponsorship $, much more exposure.  The UFC is a much better option for your bank account.

4/15/11 1:42 PM
Jsteven

PickledSoylentQueen - 
rosario02 -  LMFAO at "Bisping would eat him for breakfast"... If by that you mean he gets a limb torn off, then yes Phone Post

Let's take a quick look at what happened to all the BBs Bisping fought.

Sinosic... smashed

McCarthy... destroyed

Schafer... appetiser

Kang... bingo'd

Need I go on?
This black belt had him finished. Imagine what Jacare would have done to him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.