UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Nick Diaz GSP's antithesis?

4/15/11 12:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

When one takes a look at the two fighters, however, it’s easy to see that they could not be more different.

Both men have extremely loyal fanbases, but Diaz also has an equally large number of MMA fans that revile him—and while you can find fans that dislike St-Pierre, you would be hard pressed to find many that can profess an honest hatred for the man.

Diaz, on the other hand, has no problems eliciting feelings that strong.

It seems as if every time that Diaz’s name is uttered outside of fight night, it's preceded by some type of indignation.

“Did you see what Diaz did last night?” or perhaps, “Did you hear what Diaz said in the interview he gave to…?”

When is the last time St-Pierre ever did anything approaching controversial?

read entire article...

4/15/11 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Not PC
2. Enters the cage to actually fight.
3. Exciting.

He is pretty much the opposite of GSP
4/15/11 12:13 PM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're not the same people? Get out.
4/15/11 12:13 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  1. Not PC
3. Exciting.

you're obviously a joke, dude.
4/15/11 12:32 PM
caged conflict

suess - 
jjj2121 -  1. Not PC
<b>2. Enters the cage to actually fight.</b>
3. Exciting.

you're obviously a joke, dude.

Agree with Seuss
4/15/11 12:42 PM
Musashi
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't like GSP at all. I mean I really don't like him. I think he's a cheat and his actions have verged on criminal. Just my opinion though.
4/15/11 12:44 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  1. Not PC
3. Exciting.

GSP doesn't enter the cage to fight?
jjj2121

Musashi - I don't like GSP at all. I mean I really don't like him. I think he's a cheat and his actions have verged on criminal. Just my opinion though.

I think the greasing thing was way overblown and BJ wasn't going to win regardless.

I don't like a lot about GSP, but that's not something I consider.
jjj2121

Bat21 - 
jjj2121 -  1. Not PC
3. Exciting.

GSP doesn't enter the cage to fight?

He enters the cage to take as little damage as humanly possible and is more than satisfied to win on points.

Nick Diaz enters the cage to take your fucking head off.
4/15/11 12:45 PM
FSMA

Taken from another thread:

"Name me one outstanding or impressive fighter he's fought recently... Let's see his past 10 opponents:

Paul Daley
Cyborg Santos
K.J. Noons
Hayato Sakurai
Marius Žaromskis
Scott Smith
Frank Shamrock
Thomas Denny
Muhsin Corbbrey
Katsuya Inoue"

Yes, Diaz is right there with the likes of GSP lol.

GSP = Probably the greatest WW in MMA history

Diaz = Big fish in a small pond

4/15/11 12:46 PM
dogfb
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anytime a thread title has GSP in it, you can count on this JJJ guy saying how boring he thinks GSP's fights are. Obsessed. Phone Post
4/15/11 12:48 PM
jjj2121

Edited: 04/15/11 12:49 PM
FSMA - Taken from another thread:

"Name me one outstanding or impressive fighter he's fought recently... Let's see his past 10 opponents:

Paul Daley
Cyborg Santos
K.J. Noons
Hayato Sakurai
Marius Žaromskis
Scott Smith
Frank Shamrock
Thomas Denny
Muhsin Corbbrey
Katsuya Inoue"

Yes, Diaz is right there with the likes of GSP lol.

GSP = Probably the greatest WW in MMA history

Diaz = Big fish in a small pond

Agreed, Diaz's competition is nowhere near what GSP has faced.  Hopefully once SF goes away that will change.

I will say KTFOing Daley in a 1 round striking match is pretty freaking impressive and there's no way on earth GSP would have done that.
4/15/11 12:49 PM
sparkyman
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb -  Anytime a thread title has GSP in it, you can count on this JJJ guy saying how boring he thinks GSP's fights are. Obsessed. Phone Post

4/15/11 12:50 PM
Kanodogg1

Suess do you go into all of the threads that mention gsp to defend him? That's pretty sad. Phone Post
4/15/11 12:51 PM
Jefe de Jefes
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP rises to the occasion and takes on all comers.

Diaz has called out GSP but now that there is a chance for them to actually meet he claims he's ready to go box, retire, etc.

4/15/11 12:51 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Sad, they already write Shields off... Phone Post
4/15/11 12:53 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kanodogg1 -  Suess do you go into all of the threads that mention gsp to defend him? That's pretty sad. Phone Post
Sure don't.  But if someone is saying something as blatantly stupid as "GSP doesn't fight" then I'm going to say something. 

The GSP haters are mind bottling.
4/15/11 12:57 PM
Dark Ryase
1311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz is the world´s best scrapper. One of the best fighters ever.

But GSP would ruin him.
4/15/11 12:58 PM
jjj2121

suess - 
Kanodogg1 -  Suess do you go into all of the threads that mention gsp to defend him? That's pretty sad. Phone Post
Sure don't.  But if someone is saying something as blatantly stupid as "GSP doesn't fight" then I'm going to say something. 

jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabinsidekickjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabinsidekicktakedownjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjab

4/15/11 12:58 PM
Ironclad

"...and while you can find fans that dislike St-Pierre, you would be hard pressed to find many that can profess an honest hatred for the man."

Really? We have plenty of those here on the UG. Not that the hatred is based on any rational reason. Most of the haters are just fans of past fighters that GSP has defeated.
4/15/11 12:59 PM
jjj2121

Dark Ryase - Diaz is the world´s best scrapper. One of the best fighters ever.

But GSP would ruin him.

I would bet every penny I had that GSP wouldn't stop Diaz via KO/TKO/sub, cut stoppage would be literally the only possible way.
4/15/11 1:05 PM
suess

jjj2121 - 
suess - 

jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabinsidekickjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabinsidekicktakedownjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjab

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatecryhatehatehatehatehatehatecrycryhatehatehatehate

4/15/11 1:14 PM
Udjat

Man, this forum is slowly turning into the kiddy forum over at UFC.com. What a shame.
4/15/11 1:16 PM
r1ch
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm with jjj2121 on this one. GSP has admitted himself that he trys to fight without taking risks, which is fair enough but it has made most of his fights post Serra "unexciting".

It's more frustrating with GSP than with other fighters because he has shown how talented and well rounded he is the past. I hope the koschek fight will have given him more confidence with his striking so that we can see him mix it up a little more in the future. 
4/15/11 1:21 PM
jjj2121

r1ch - I'm with jjj2121 on this one. GSP has admitted himself that he trys to fight without taking risks, which is fair enough but it has made most of his fights post Serra "unexciting".

It's more frustrating with GSP than with other fighters because he has shown how talented and well rounded he is the past. I hope the koschek fight will have given him more confidence with his striking so that we can see him mix it up a little more in the future. 

THIS!!!  EXACTLY THIS.

He's the most frustrating to watch in the sport for me because he's capable of so much more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.