UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares

4/15/11 8:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kalin Johnston
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/16/11 4:14 PM

...is happening at UFC Rio  

4/15/11 8:49 PM
Kalin Johnston
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for anyone interested.  Great match-up.
4/15/11 8:50 PM
Tenor still 10ing
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, this sucks.

Because I love both guys, and don't want either one to lose their next fight. The loser will probably be let go :(

Great match, though, both guys are true professionals and are exciting to watch win or lose.
4/15/11 8:56 PM
Tenor still 10ing
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

edit: I thought Tavares had lost his last 2 fights, but I wrong. He probably wouldn't be cut if he loses, but it's hard to imagine Spencer wouldn't be let go.

I give the edge to Tavares, due to his superior speed and I think he has the grappling edge, too. However, Spencer is a tough dude with tons of experience, and is the more technical and stronger striker.

Stylistically, very interesting.....I say Tavares by decision.

4/15/11 8:57 PM
Kalin Johnston

Yeah both guys always bring it. The Brazilian fans are getting a card full of exciting match-ups.
4/15/11 9:05 PM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool. Prelim I assume? I hope Tavares takes it. Phone Post
4/15/11 9:10 PM
Mr Sponge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fisher by KO Phone Post
4/15/11 9:11 PM
In The Clinch
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Spencer Fisher!
4/15/11 9:31 PM
Tenor still 10ing

Sorry, Spencer, I love ya, man.....but imo Tavares will be able to get it to the ground and work top control after working for it. Tavares will be a bit quicker, and will be able to transition through positions smoother.

Tavares has the grappling edge and it will be a bit more difficult than usual to beat any Brazilian that night. Spencer is too tough to be finished, but I do not believe Spencer will be able to utilize the footwork or movement necessary to keep the fight standing or off the cage.

Tavares is 9 years younger, and this will be a test of who is better in the clinch and who can take the fight where they want it to go. To win, Spencer will have to keep distance, and use his superior striking skills to wear Tavares down.

3 years ago, I take Spencer. Today, it's Tavares by decision.

4/15/11 11:19 PM
Kalin Johnston

ttt
4/15/11 11:21 PM
phantomknifehand
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spencer via KO.  I don't know if Tavares is going to be the same after Roller put him down.  
4/15/11 11:44 PM
Tenor still 10ing

phantomknifehand - Spencer via KO. I don't know if Tavares is going to be the same after Roller put him down.

Interesting point. However, he only has 2 KO losses, though, and has the physical fortitude of youth on his side so he will probably bounce back just fine.

This isn't Liddell we are talking about here.

ENZO007 - Rooting for the King!!!

I thought Tavares was the future after watching him tool Jason Black. He never lived up to his potential...

Don't forget Tavares is only 26. Still in his prime, still damn quick, he has time to plug the holes in his game.

Is Tavares a top 10 in his division? Of course not. But can you confidently say how improved he may be in 2 or 3 more years? He will only be 28 or 29 even then.....

My point is that he has great UFC experience for his age, and is still young enough that his learning curve may still be steep. He has the potential and time to greatly improve. Will he? Time will tell.

On the other hand, Spencer is 35 next month. I don't think anyone can reasonably make the case he is still the same ass-kicker he was 2 or 3 years back.

Spencer has his hands full here imo.

Hell, they both do. Gonna be a great fight.
4/15/11 11:45 PM
Spencer Fisher
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First ive heard of it
4/15/11 11:55 PM
Spencer Fisher
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im down
4/15/11 11:57 PM
seandiesel
592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get em king
4/15/11 11:58 PM
boozedNconfused

Tavares Has never really impressed me. Sure hes athletic, but his technical skill is nowhere near Fisher's. I say Fisher with the KO.
4/16/11 5:50 PM
BispingSpatOnMySN
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spencer Fisher -  First ive heard of it

lol!

great fight
4/16/11 6:42 PM
Tenor still 10ing

boozedNconfused - Tavares Has never really impressed me. Sure hes athletic, but his technical skill is nowhere near Fisher's.

I agree with this, Spencer has more experience against better competition, has demonstrated KO power whereas Tavares has not, and without a doubt Spencer beats him standing.

However, Tavares will not stand willingly. He will be trying to get it to the floor, trying to push Spencer into the cage.

The question is can Tavares get it to the ground or turn it into a clinch battle? If he can, he will impose his top game. If not, Spencer will out-strike him.

boozedNconfused - I say Fisher with the KO.

Quite possible. I just give the edge to Tavares based upon the speed advantage I think he has, and the likelihood he will be able to translate that into a successful strategy.

However, like I stated, I love both guys and win or lose I always root for them, so this a tough one for me to watch.

Good luck to both, hope the best fighter wins.
4/16/11 10:31 PM
Kalin Johnston

ttt
4/17/11 1:13 AM
Son of Neckbone
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spencer Fisher -  Im down

I can't help it I'm custom made
I can't help it, but I'll tell you this
I can't help it I'm custom made
I can't help that I look good smell good,
Whoo! Can dance all night long

I hope Tavares has a spare head at home. This will be a short night for him.
4/18/11 11:08 AM
aaronlynton
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spencer Fisher -  First ive heard of it

really?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/318782/Spencer-Fisher-vs-Thiago-Tavares-at-UFC-Rio/

4/18/11 11:17 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT.
4/18/11 11:26 AM
Peckerwood

So is this happening? All the sites are reporting it but Spencer isn't aware of it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.