UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> fav set ups

4/16/11 5:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Martyspike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guys what are yor favorite set ups? After reading another thread on here, it has got me thinking.

i have my fav's like overhooks for throw, underhooks, head snaps, etc but i would be interested in hearing others views and videos if u can recommend any.
5/2/11 10:51 PM
WalrusTitty
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always liked the push-pull from elbow control. Gave a wide variety of options - high crotch on the pull side, sweeping single to the push side, knee pick to the push side, double leg to either side depending on your head control.
5/3/11 11:36 AM
ausgepicht

FWIW, overhooks and underhooks are not set-ups. There are a plethora of set-ups you can execute using them, but they aren't set-ups, but control ties. If you like using those ties to get throws, when you start using them to set-up the throws you will have a higher success rate. If you are already having success, then you are in for a surprise when you see how much better you will do!

I personally like to use negative posts a lot. Where I "push" on his head, or one of his pecs or delts or even his hip, but it's a fake. 90% of people have a tie-up or set-up that depends on someone pushing them and there's not a massive variety in them. So I fake the post, but make it real enough to get a response, which I use against them.

For example, one of my favorites is to negative post on let's say his left shoulder area...enough to turn his shoulders from it's alignment with his hips. The vast majority of guys will either arm drag, or pop/v lift. If they arm drag, I redrag half way through their drag and barsagar/flair. If they v lift my arm they will usually shoot a double and I have a FHL paired with a sprawl if need be, waiting for them. FHL is my bread and butter tie-up that I have zillions of set-ups to subs and takedowns from.

Having said that I don't have any favorite set-ups, because I find that each opponent has his own set of quirks, habits, and style of errors. I treat these as a sort of message that suggest tie-ups that are worse for them, if that makes sense. I feel if I have some favorite tie-ups that I try to get, I am forcing myself on reality instead of looking for cues and feedback to help me out.

Of course, you may be having greater success in your game having favorite tie-ups in which case power to ya!

5/5/11 5:15 PM
neverquit

Well said ausgephicht
5/8/11 2:07 PM
Empire
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armdrag or russian 2 on 1.
5/8/11 2:07 PM
Empire
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

followed by a quick leg attack.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.