UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Dwight Howard is leaving Orlando

4/17/11 7:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone think otherwise? Fucking shameful how they've squandered his talent. He should go to a place where he will be appreciated and respected as the superstar he is, instead of being used solely as a way to fill seats in a shiny new arena by an organization that is obviously unwilling to do what it takes to win a championship. Hey, let's pair our once-in-a-lifetime player with shitty washed up overpaid role-players and a shitty coach. Let's be happy with our annual exercises in futility in the post-season. The only thing that I question is Dwight's real desire to win a championship. If he truly wants one, he will leave. Otherwise, he can be happy making his max contract in Orlando, treading water for the rest of his career. This is what Dwight can look forward to, an ungrateful fanbase and front office:

"While the Olympic basketball team was training in Orlando, the Orlando Sentinel published a poll that asked whether the Magic should fire Hill if that were one of O'Neal's conditions for returning.[15][16] 82% answered "no".[15] O'Neal had a power struggle while playing under Hill.[17][18] He said the team "just didn't respect [Hill]."[19] Another question in the poll asked, "Is Shaq worth $115 million?" in reference to the amount of the Magic's offer. 91.3% of the response was "no"."
4/17/11 1:21 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willing to spend and spending wisely are two different things. Orlando seems to be following the philosophy of Mark Cuban. I tend to think that they would be better off if they hired a first class GM and let him work his "magic" for a season. Orlandos best chance of keeping Dwight is by showing him that they have a concrete plan for the future. Right now it just sort of looks like a mess.
4/17/11 4:24 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ you bringing up a quote like that. Here's my response:

LeBron James used his first appearance on NBA TV's "Arena Link" to make quite a statement. "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/174990-lebrons-goal-bring-title-to-cleveland#ixzz1JoWkd6GD
4/17/11 4:25 PM
memory blues

If Dwight really wanted to stay, why didn't he sign his extension?
4/18/11 12:44 PM
DJJo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/18/11 12:45 PM
Not everyone is LeBron.
4/25/11 11:54 AM
memory blues

Monsters Ball - 

...and seriously Lebron? If Lebron says something now suddenly it applies to Dwight Howard also? Man you are just dumb.

The playoffs just started and Howard is committed through next years playoffs also. I would rather focus on them than play fantasy GM. This specualation is silly on playoff weekend.

Maybe you'll have a lot more time to focus on playing fantasy GM soon.
4/26/11 1:39 AM
kanotoa
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orlando has a track record of throwing their best players under the bus when things get rough. I assume Howard will be treated no different and he will go to another team and be a force, like Shaq did.
4/26/11 5:52 AM
WrestlingSucks
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dwight Howard is maybe the only player in the NBA right now that could jump on a roster and not need time to adjust to their style of play for any team.

His points come off rebounds and he's pretty much a sure 2 points if he catches the ball under the basket. His defense at center is pretty much as good as you can ask for. There is no game plan that can stop him from getting involved because he creates his own shots.

I'd like to see him leave Orlando and play for a team that isn't already a top contender. But, I'm sure Howard will likely be part of a super team if he does leave Orlando.

It is a scary off season this year. If Howard and Cp3 decided to just join some random team, any team, they are playoff bound.
4/26/11 3:45 PM
wiu81

Edited: 04/26/11 3:45 PM
memory blues - Does anyone think otherwise? Fucking shameful how they've squandered his talent. He should go to a place where he will be appreciated and respected as the superstar he is, instead of being used solely as a way to fill seats in a shiny new arena by an organization that is obviously unwilling to do what it takes to win a championship. Hey, let's pair our once-in-a-lifetime player with shitty washed up overpaid role-players and a shitty coach. Let's be happy with our annual exercises in futility in the post-season. The only thing that I question is Dwight's real desire to win a championship. If he truly wants one, he will leave. Otherwise, he can be happy making his max contract in Orlando, treading water for the rest of his career. This is what Dwight can look forward to, an ungrateful fanbase and front office:

"While the Olympic basketball team was training in Orlando, the Orlando Sentinel published a poll that asked whether the Magic should fire Hill if that were one of O'Neal's conditions for returning.[15][16] 82% answered "no".[15] O'Neal had a power struggle while playing under Hill.[17][18] He said the team "just didn't respect [Hill]."[19] Another question in the poll asked, "Is Shaq worth $115 million?" in reference to the amount of the Magic's offer. 91.3% of the response was "no"."

Your an idiot. Have you ever been to the Amway Center? If you think the city of Orlando does not appreciate him you are sadly mistaken. With that said StanVan is gone. 

http://staydwight.com/

4/26/11 10:15 PM
wiu81

Were going 7! Phone Post
4/27/11 2:50 PM
memory blues

wiu81 -
 Your an idiot. Have you ever been to the Amway Center? If you think the city of Orlando does not appreciate him you are sadly mistaken. With that said StanVan is gone. 

If you bothered to read the rest of the sentence, I was obviously referring to the Magic organization. But I guess a moron like yourself wouldn't understand rudimentary reading comprehension. Fans will always love their superstars, that goes without saying. How loved do you think LeBron was to the fans in Cleveland? How many fucks do you think he gave about them when he made his decision? How many fucks did Carmelo give? Superstars will have loving fans wherever they go, do you think Orlando is the only city that will love Dwight? Open your fucking eyes dumbass.

Respect and appreciation for a superstar involves bringing in the right pieces and counterparts that will allow him to achieve a championship. With Orlando's cap situation, they will not be able to compete for a championship before the 2012 offseason. And Dwight Howard will leave.

Also, It's pathetic that there is even a website to beg someone to stay on your team. "What does Dwight mean to you? Tell us your story!" LMAO. Have some fucking respect for yourselves.
4/28/11 3:12 PM
wiu81

Edited: 04/28/11 3:13 PM
 Its so pathetic that you took the time to open the link and browse the page. 
4/28/11 3:15 PM
wiu81

Oh and thanks for the web hits...
5/1/11 2:39 PM
memory blues

wiu81 -   Its so pathetic that you took the time to open the link and browse the page. Oh and thanks for the web hits...

No problem, I support the fans, but it won't change anything. As an aside, you had one of the worst retorts I've ever seen on this forum, even with the edit.

Oh, and Stan is staying. Good luck with that.
5/3/11 9:40 AM
supersaiyan

miami is right down the street (or up)
5/3/11 2:06 PM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even Timmy D entertained leaving SA at one point. And this was AFTER he had won a ring. I wouldn't put to much stock into what is being said till he signs on the dotted line.
5/3/11 3:39 PM
wiu81

Thans for the post Monster
5/4/11 9:03 AM
supersaiyan

Monsters Ball - YW

Just ignore the hypocrites who criticized Lebron for dumping his team but in the same breath want Dwight to come play for their team.

oh the double standardizing hypocrisy bro
5/4/11 12:37 PM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wants to win a ring he's better off leaving Orlando. Just saying.
5/4/11 4:37 PM
quick

No b/c he probably won't be a douche about it like Lebron was.
5/4/11 4:46 PM
Floppy Divac

^ exactly!!
5/4/11 6:30 PM
east
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strong presumption that D12 is outties which can only be rebutted by him signing the extension (which I assume is on the table).  Or unless Otis can make a move for a genuine star which I doubt since the Magic are chock full of toxic contracts.   
5/4/11 10:06 PM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - No b/c he probably won't be a douche about it like Lebron was.

Exactly. Howard will be ok as long as he doesn't hold a press conference to announce that he is "taking his talents" somewhere.
5/5/11 1:01 AM
EKPOGI
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if he ever goes to the Lakers,I hope its for Pau Gasoft.I wanna see a Bynum/Dwight frontcourt
5/7/11 12:36 AM
halcyonday

Dwight is not the superstar you build your team around. He is the sidekick you pair up with a superstar. It is pretty clear that he cannot carry a team, regardless of his supporting cast.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.