UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Dwight Howard is leaving Orlando

5/10/11 5:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On Dwight Howard's twitter yesterday:

@DwightHoward said:

Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh
5/10/11 6:01 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@DwightHoward: I'm not blaming the media. I'm saying stop with the dumb articles. They don't make be decision of mine. I jus don't (cont...) want Orlando fans to believe them. Cuz they don't know. I love my city
5/10/11 8:45 PM
305-onpoint
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/10/11 9:47 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - 
quick - No b/c he probably won't be a douche about it like Lebron was.

Exactly. Howard will be ok as long as he doesn't hold a press conference to announce that he is "taking his talents" somewhere.

or a ONE HOUR show -stopping national tv event about some so called "decision"
5/11/11 2:08 AM
memory blues

LeBron's thoughts about Ring - Chasing:

quote:
"It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best," says James about his Cavaliers team. "I don’t want to go "Ring - Chasing" as I call it, you know. Going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way."

LeBron on his Ultimate Goal while in Cleveland:

quote:
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won't stop until I get it."
5/11/11 2:12 AM
memory blues

Monsters Ball - 
memory blues - On Dwight Howard's twitter yesterday:

@DwightHoward said:

Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh

"My job is to play," he said.

He also had a message for Magic fans who might be on pins and needles regarding his future.

"It's going to be better; just keep believing," Howard said. "Keep making Orlando the best place to play. I'll do whatever I can to lead my city. I love Orlando, so I'm going to do as much as I can. Put in a lot of work during the offseason. I'm going to continue to do that. My fans deserve a championship, and I'm just going to keep fighting. That's all I can do. Just keep fighting."

If you could underline his statement regarding his promise to stay in Orlando or better yet sign an extension, that would be great, thanks. All I see are cliches that really don't mean anything to me considering that he is still under contract for one year
5/11/11 2:24 AM
memory blues

Howard Extension On the Table: In recent months, Dwight Howard has been adamant that he cannot sign a contract extension with the Orlando Magic at this time. He has often brought this up and reverted back to that same answer when attempting to deflect questions and silence speculation regarding his future.

He has flat out denied reports that suggested he could sign an extension and has went on record a number of times to insist he cannot currently ink a new contract. On Friday, Howard stuck to that story during his exit interview with the media.

"I haven't seen a contract," Howard said. "I haven't seen it. I have not seen it. What else do you want me to say? I haven't seen one. I mean we just got finished playing a playoff series and now you are asking me about contracts? Nobody wants to talk about a contract right now. We just lost in a playoff series, so there's no need to be talking about contracts and where I'm going to sign.''

However, Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith told reporters that there is currently a contract extension on the table and it's up to Howard to decide whether or not to sign it.

"The extension is on the table,'' Smith said. "I don't know [if Howard will sign it]. It's up to him and his people. I have a lot of faith that he'll be back here."

With the two sides already on different pages, it's going to be interesting to see how this situation plays out over the summer.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=19632#ixzz1M1QrhB1P

I wonder how Dwight feels about having Orlando's GM putting him on the spot like that.
5/11/11 2:29 AM
EKPOGI
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsters Ball - No team can do it with only one star. FACT.

Hakeem?
12/26/11 7:26 AM
memory blues

ttt
12/26/11 11:38 AM
supersaiyan

dwight imo doesnt want to be in orlando and he would better off just saying so but till a trade or something happens he can just keep playing with magic
12/26/11 4:24 PM
kanotoa
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orlando has no problem getting talented players, they just can't win with them and the players bolt.
12/27/11 2:10 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/27/11 2:11 AM
magic will make the playoffs in the 5th-8th seed range if they keep him for the whole season. i'll bet the magic end up not trading him because they think they can resign him, he leaves the same way shaq did, magic are back to being a shitty team for years.
12/27/11 4:14 AM
memory blues

There is no way Orlando doesn't trade Howard. They'd have to be complete idiots or have some sort of guarantee he won't walk. If I'm not mistaken, he has directly asked to be traded already.
12/27/11 4:16 AM
memory blues

That said, I don't expect a move until around the All-Star break. I think they're just waiting to see how this season unfolds and trying to get max value, especially after B. Lopez went down, nixing the Nets trade.
12/27/11 5:16 AM
BJJkilla

yeah all star break would be the best time if they do but idk, i honestly think the magic might be crazy enough to try keep him for the whole season and convince him to stay. if the magic are in playoff contention by the all star break and it looks like they'll be the 5th-6th seed, i see otis smith being an idiot and not trading howard.
12/28/11 2:46 AM
memory blues

BJJkilla - yeah all star break would be the best time if they do but idk, i honestly think the magic might be crazy enough to try keep him for the whole season and convince him to stay. if the magic are in playoff contention by the all star break and it looks like they'll be the 5th-6th seed, i see otis smith being an idiot and not trading howard.

Considering the moves that Smith has made the past few seasons, you might be right lol
7/1/12 4:00 AM
memory blues

LOL. I love to be right.
7/4/12 8:54 PM
supersaiyan

guess he heading to Nets
7/12/12 1:26 AM
memory blues

Not going to the Nets any time soon, Brook Lopez just signed for 4 years, 61 million, and is not eligible to be traded until December.
7/19/12 6:42 PM
bluedragon

i hope this new bynum for howard deal is true
7/20/12 7:53 AM
kanotoa
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Howard and Kobe would blend so well IMO Phone Post
10/6/12 8:45 PM
memory blues

Edited: 10/06/12 8:45 PM
Sometimes I still can't believe Dwight Howard is a Laker.
10/6/12 8:45 PM
memory blues

http://snapwidget.com/view/?id=292876878814703605_16917874#.UHDQeLtYtbk

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.