UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Rooster..Q

4/18/11 5:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zealot66
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the interpretation according to oneness of jesus crying out on the cross, my god...why have you forsaken me ? How did God abandon himself ? I know your view on Jesus praying to himself but how can they be seperated ?
4/18/11 8:47 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zealot66 -  What is the interpretation according to oneness of jesus crying out on the cross, my god...why have you forsaken me ? How did God abandon himself ? I know your view on Jesus praying to himself but how can they be seperated ?

You do not know my view. I never said "God prayed to Himself". If you knew my view you wouldn't say that.

Jesus imposed upon Himself the unique human experience, living as a man. The flesh prayed to the Spirit. He had a dual nature. Duality of nature didn't mean multiple persons or beings. He grew hungry even though He was also divine. He also got tired, even though He was divine. It wasn't His divinity that got hungry, or was born, or got thirsty, or sick. It was His humanity.

Anyway, Jesus is quoting a messianic Psalm. A Psalm that identifies Himself as the Messiah. The end of the messianic treatise is Messiah victorious. He was identifying Himself with that scripture 1) to indicate to His audience that He was the Messiah 2) His flesh was feeling the alienation of all the sins of the world and the blazing judgement of God.

What it was not, and what Jesus praying is not...is God praying to God.

Trinitarians say Jesus is God and the Father is God. God doesn't pray to God. God receives prayer. God answers prayers. God doesn't implore, beseech or pray. He receives and answers.

Jesus prayed only in the days of His flesh as a function of the great sacrifice He made to be man.

Remember. God doesn't pray to God.

4/18/11 8:47 PM
the rooster

Edited: 04/18/11 8:47 PM
oops double post
4/21/11 1:25 AM
Grakman

rooster, is your church's view of hell a fiery one, separation from God, annhilation, or some other view?
4/24/11 1:29 AM
the rooster

Grakman -  rooster, is your church's view of hell a fiery one, separation from God, annhilation, or some other view?

I would say pretty traditional (fiery hell) but I think there is a mystery to some extent to hell.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.